Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-Rich Colts @ Broncos

SIXTHOBJECT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's amazing. If he hasn't broken all them tackles he would have had a -2.9 ypc. I take it all back the guys a beast.

You're close to an epiphany here. By your own (made up, shaky, gibberish) math he would be met 2.9 yards deep in his own backfield on average before breaking a tackle. So (using your fake numbers) Trent produced+5.8 yards of offense per carry last year. Awesome!

His receiving numbers don't interest me. There are a lot of receivers on the team. His job is to run the ball, control the pace, and make it so the other teams offense isn't on the field. We he can do that consistently then I will be impressed. Saying he would have got more yards and been awesome with more carries is the same as saying if he had just one more carry in the playoffs he would have ran it for 80 yards. It didn't happen.

Someone compared him to Lynch after week 1 , that's insane. Someone said he will be shredding defenses, that's also insane.

I don't think either opinion is accurate so I state my opinion. If you have issue with it then that's cool, I don't mind, I have issue with delusional fans.

His job is to do whatever the team ask him to do.

You're close to an epiphany here. By your own (made up, shaky, gibberish) math he would be met 2.9 yards deep in his own backfield on average before breaking a tackle. So (using your fake numbers) Trent produced+5.8 yards of offense per carry last year. Awesome!

He is awesome.

Are you sure the play was designed to leave an unblocked linebacker in the hole while Allen goes to the sideline for a pepsi?

Look at the play? Look @ Trent's position when getting the handoff and look where the Lb is. Now look at his body once taking the handoff. As soon as he got the handoff, a competent back would see all that room on the right. Trent basically freezes and waits for the LB. His vision and instincts are horrible. And he lacks the quickness to make up for it.

Its a reason The Browns traded a top 5 pick 1 yr into his career. We got fleeced

Look at the play? Look @ Trent's position when getting the handoff and look where the Lb is. Now look at his body once taking the handoff. As soon as he got the handoff, a competent back would see all that room on the right. Trent basically freezes and waits for the LB. His vision and instincts are horrible. And he lacks the quickness to make up for it.

Its a reason The Browns traded a top 5 pick 1 yr into his career. We got fleeced

pfft. Seriously? What a perfect catch 22- Trent breaks outside, unblocked linebacker still makes the tackle (remember, he's a living breathing nfl linebacker not a slot car predetermined to assume a position) and you guys circle the hole the linebacker vacated to make the tackle.

pfft. Seriously? What a perfect catch 22- Trent breaks outside, unblocked linebacker still makes the tackle (remember, he's a living breathing nfl linebacker not a slot car predetermined to assume a position) and you guys circle the hole the linebacker vacated to make the tackle.

Second most broken tackles in the league, he could have shrugged him off.

The outside may have resulted in a similar result, but Trent had a much better chance of succeeding going outside ... going outside he benefits from making the LB take an angle (that may be a bad one) which is more likely to result in a missed or broken tackle, Hugh Thornton locked with his man creates a barrier that will prevent an immediate tackle if he runs to the outside, There is also a chance Allen will get chance to block the LB depending on how Trents angle stretches the play. 

Taking the inside is almost guaranteed to fail, it gives the LB a perfect straight on tackle.

A smart running back would have went outside on that play.  Trent makes horrible choices like this frequently.

The outside may have resulted in a similar result, but Trent had a much better chance of succeeding going outside ... going outside he benefits from making the LB take an angle (that may be a bad one) which is more likely to result in a missed or broken tackle, Hugh Thornton locked with his man creates a barrier that will prevent an immediate tackle if he runs to the outside, There is also a chance Allen will get chance to block the LB depending on how Trents angle stretches the play.

Taking the inside is almost guaranteed to fail, it gives the LB a perfect straight on tackle.

A smart running back would have went outside on that play. Trent makes horrible choices like this frequently.

Just curious, but at what angle does Trent receive the hand off. It looks as though he needs to approach the line of scrimmage to receive the ball. Another reason why two frames of a play are not convincing.

Just curious, but at what angle does Trent receive the hand off. It looks as though he needs to approach the line of scrimmage to receive the ball. Another reason why two frames of a play are not convincing.

I am not sure how much toward the line of scrimmage he had to turn, but if you look at Luck's location between the first and second pic, Trent obviously went toward the line much more than necessary to receive the hand off, plus the LB is already visibly heading toward the hole before Trent ever even receives the hand off.  Even if Shipley and Mewhort pick up those blocks the middle is a mess; bouncing outside is still the better choice.  A top RB makes a much different choice there.

The play at full speed definitely puts the play in better perspective ... it is a failed play either route ... although I still think he gets back to the line of scrimmage (maybe a yard) if he immediately goes outside instead of the split second pause to consider the middle.  I admit it definitely is not one of his "head scratcher" decisions it appeared to be at first.

3rd string center who missed several blocks played into our running game that everybody seems to forget! TR looked good when KH was healthy so let's see this wk. a Goodness why is it every time we run the ball somebody is in the backfield disrupting the play? TR would be a STAR with a decent Oline.

He hesitated. Look how far Luck is back from Trent. Luck didn't hand him the ball and run back as fast as he could. If Trent had taken off as soon as he secured the ball then he should be further then he is, but he hesitates and waits for the hole that was there in practice.

See I don't get this. We bash trent about hesitating and trying to let holes develop, but then you hear commentators praise backs like Bell for being wise to wait and let the blocks develop.

3rd string center who missed several blocks played into our running game that everybody seems to forget! TR looked good when KH was healthy so let's see this wk. a Goodness why is it every time we run the ball somebody is in the backfield disrupting the play? TR would be a STAR with a decent Oline.

You mean like the O line he had in Cleveland, where he was such a big "star" they gladly shipped him out after paying the biggest part of his contract.

The play at full speed definitely puts the play in better perspective ... it is a failed play either route ... although I still think he gets back to the line of scrimmage (maybe a yard) if he immediately goes outside instead of the split second pause to consider the middle. I admit it definitely is not one of his "head scratcher" decisions it appeared to be at first.

Cool. I don't doubt or deny that he picks the wrong hole sometimes. It just didn't seem clear that this was one of those times.