Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hugh Thornton progress

BProland85

Is he making any? I was under the impression this guy was a mauler coming out of college and would improve our run blocking more so than our pass blocking. Yet I have not seen that from him. Is he dealing with an injury that's limiting him or is he still not developed?

There isn't much to go on this time of year to provide a concrete answer to your question.  However, the information we do have from PFF ratings indicated he played very well against the Saints.....so there is that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• For what it’s worth….  Ballard has done an interview in the last day or so where he said he will never make a decision just to appease the fan base.     I believe the interview was either with Pat McAfee or Rich Eisen.   
    • I wasn't expecting to talk about Raimann, if that's what you're saying.  I brought it up to discuss the ideas that you have have also been saying about how the draft most likely works.    As opposed to some...when AM becomes a star...would imply how Ballard knew he would be a star over every other GM, knew that no other GM would take AM, and patiently waited to get an offer from some team to gather more picks before finally picking the player he would have taken at 35 if he had the pick.   IOW, imply that there was no shred of luck to it at all.   I also brought it up to put it into perspective compared to how Polian used to say how it all "went as expected".  As Ballard admits "nobody knows how this stuff is going to play out".  Not even the GM.
    • That's what I was saying. Ballard wasn't going to say anything other than defending his choices and defending his new players. To me, coachspeak and GM speak is pretty similar.    Take a look at the Falcons GM's pressers. 
    • I agree.  I won't be surprised if the Bucks have their missing players back for a 2 game run at winning the series.  
    • Yeah, quite the opposite. In this case, Ballard went out of his way to defend AD publicly. I have little doubt that the off field concerns played a part in AD being the 10th WR to be drafted, when he's probably the 4th or 5th most talented prospect in the class (IMO). But it does the Colts no good for Ballard to acknowledge that in the presser.   Instead, you call out everyone who wondered about AD's character, and you talk about how lucky you are that he was still available when you were on the clock (even though you traded back instead of drafting him yourself). To me, it's clearly coachspeak. 
  • Members

• NJFanatic

NJFanatic 45

• bellevuecolt

bellevuecolt 0

Rookie
    • OnePunchHarbaugh

OnePunchHarbaugh 9

Rookie
    • IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,434

• Pelt