Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will The Packers Trash Their Perfect Season Like The Colts Did?

King Colt

its obvious though that they are trying to go 16-0. Why not? They are the defending Super Bowl champs. I hope they do though so they learn their lesson too about imperfection just like the Patriots. I dont believe theres any team that can compete against the Ravens defense right now. I just want to the the Saints or Packers offense to get humiliated. Mostly the Saints though. I hate them...

What "lesson about imperfection" did the Patriots learn, exactly?

Patriots go for a 19-0 season. They get to 18-0 and then lose the Super Bowl.

Colts eschew the chance to make history and tank the last two weeks of their season. They drop the final two regular season games and lose the Super Bowl.

I'm not instigating here, I'm just trying to honestly understand where you're coming from. You're making it sound like the '07 Patriots did something wrong by trying to win every game they played. And I think you're in the minority of Colts fans for thinking your team did the right thing in '09. Obviously I can't quantify that, but I know several of you from previous boards and other boards, and my impression is that most of you wanted them to go for it all.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better to try and fail than not to try at all.

The Packers will obviously be smart about resting the ones that are injured and need the rest. They won't jeopardize the banged up ones. Their tough test with all the marbles on the line for a perfect season will still come vs the Lions when Suh is back in the line up and the chippy Lions can put a hurt on players, that will always be in the back of the mind of fans.

Remember, when Schwartz was with the Titans as defensive co-ordinator, they did put a dirty hit on Rodney Harrison in the last game of the 2006 season that knocked him out for the rest of the season and playoffs. The Pats played hard to get the #3 seed in that last game, should the Colts lose their last game since the Colts had the head-to-head tie-breaker should their records be tied up. It turned out to be the case that the Colts won their last game, end up #3 and Pats end up #4, and we got to host the AFCCG. The rest was history :). The Titans, with Jeff Fisher and Jim Schwartz, also dished out that career-changing hit on Shawne Merriman as well. Jim Schwartz has a history of coaching players to be on the edge and play with chippiness.

What "lesson about imperfection" did the Patriots learn, exactly?

Patriots go for a 19-0 season. They get to 18-0 and then lose the Super Bowl.

Colts eschew the chance to make history and tank the last two weeks of their season. They drop the final two regular season games and lose the Super Bowl.

I'm not instigating here, I'm just trying to honestly understand where you're coming from. You're making it sound like the '07 Patriots did something wrong by trying to win every game they played. And I think you're in the minority of Colts fans for thinking your team did the right thing in '09. Obviously I can't quantify that, but I know several of you from previous boards and other boards, and my impression is that most of you wanted them to go for it all.

I don't understand this logic at all. What in the world is so horrible about winning 18 football games?

How is the Patriot 18-1 somehow worse than the Colts gutless 16-3? It absolutely baffles me.

I don't understand this logic at all. What in the world is so horrible about winning 18 football games?

How is the Patriot 18-1 somehow worse than the Colts gutless 16-3? It absolutely baffles me.

I agree. I don't mean to dump on the Colts but I never understood the decisions made that season and why management seemed reluctant to let their coaches and players go for broke. Maybe they saw the tremendous pressure that the Patriots were under in 2007, and how that grew with every week that passed, but what makes a player or a team great is how that player or that team responds to the pressure of a high-stakes situation.

Besides, it wasn't like the Patriots lost the Super Bowl because Brady got injured while they were trying to go 16-0. They lost because the Giants played better that day, plain and simple. NY earned the win, fluky helmet catches aside, and that's all anyone can really say about it.

I agree. I don't mean to dump on the Colts but I never understood the decisions made that season and why management seemed reluctant to let their coaches and players go for broke. Maybe they saw the tremendous pressure that the Patriots were under in 2007, and how that grew with every week that passed, but what makes a player or a team great is how that player or that team responds to the pressure of a high-stakes situation.

Besides, it wasn't like the Patriots lost the Super Bowl because Brady got injured while they were trying to go 16-0. They lost because the Giants played better that day, plain and simple. NY earned the win, fluky helmet catches aside, and that's all anyone can really say about it.

Maybe so. I really wish they would have gone for it and now that we are on the cusp of 0-16 it feels even worse. Emotions aside, I think they didn't go for it because they feared injury the same way they did in 2005.

I didn't agree with what the Colts did. I feel the Packers should go for it and I respected the Patriots for going for it.

Things happen in football. Belichick was ridiculed to a point about Welker's injury happening in a "meaningless" and i use that term really loosely, but a meaningless game.

Brady suffered a torn ACL in week 1 2008. If that same freak injury would have occurred week 17 vs. the Giants, I doubt they make the Super Bowl, but some of the media and some fans would have bashed Belichick for playing Brady even in an attempt to go 16-0. What they fail to understand is that Brady could have torn the ACL carrying something in from the car, tripping over the family pet goat, walking down the stairs, or modeling his uggs on the catwalk. With that said if it's meant to happen it is going to happen whether he's being chased by Michael Strahan or his Giselle around the bedroom.

Knowing Manning could be done, just makes me even sicker to my stomach about how Dungy/Caldwell approached things. He might not throw 400 td passes, when he easily should have. He could have easily pushed his 49 td's into the 50s. He likely wouldn't have had his 4k season streak stop. Maybe this is a fan looking at it from a petty point of view, but we were cheated in the chase for perfection and we have been cheated out time watching Peyton Manning and the rest of the Colts play.

The fact that our final memory of Peyton in a Colts uniform might be him being on the sideline looking in disbelief at the thought of Caldwell calling that moronic time out vs. the Jets makes me want to knock all of his teeth out.

I didn't agree with what the Colts did. I feel the Packers should go for it and I respected the Patriots for going for it.

Things happen in football. Belichick was ridiculed to a point about Welker's injury happening in a "meaningless" and i use that term really loosely, but a meaningless game.

Brady suffered a torn ACL in week 1 2008. If that same freak injury would have occurred week 17 vs. the Giants, I doubt they make the Super Bowl, but some of the media and some fans would have bashed Belichick for playing Brady even in an attempt to go 16-0. What they fail to understand is that Brady could have torn the ACL carrying something in from the car, tripping over the family pet goat, walking down the stairs, or modeling his uggs on the catwalk. With that said if it's meant to happen it is going to happen whether he's being chased by Michael Strahan or his Giselle around the bedroom.

Knowing Manning could be done, just makes me even sicker to my stomach about how Dungy/Caldwell approached things. He might not throw 400 td passes, when he easily should have. He could have easily pushed his 49 td's into the 50s. He likely wouldn't have had his 4k season streak stop. Maybe this is a fan looking at it from a petty point of view, but we were cheated in the chase for perfection and we have been cheated out time watching Peyton Manning and the rest of the Colts play.

The fact that our final memory of Peyton in a Colts uniform might be him being on the sideline looking in disbelief at the thought of Caldwell calling that moronic time out vs. the Jets makes me want to knock all of his teeth out.

No....the Colts didn't run up the score on teams just so Manning could get more TDs or yards. They had the class the 2007 Pats lacked. That season was an embarrassment bc it was clear the Pats were stomping on teams just to rub it in...and I'm glad they got what they deserved in the Super Bowl. Manning himself is a better man than that. His bust in Canton is being cast as we speak. He'd tell you himself, that he is about winning, not stats. And when those games were won, he headed to the bench for a well deserved break. Not Brady and Belichick....they were ticked they got caught cheating (funny how the tapes were destroyed by the NFL...wouldn't want those leaked) and had every intention of dominating everyone they could all season. Brady's 50 TDs mean nothing to me b/c it took him a lot more attempts to get to that mark. THAT whole Pats season was classless, much more so than pulling starters when things were sealed up (poor execution, yes, I will agree. The FO should have made it clear that the starters were going to be pulled sometime during the game). And Karma bit the Pats in the butt in the SB, and next season with Brady going down, and since then they haven't won a single playoff game

I think the biggest reason was b/c it was done two seasons prior by the Pats. Polian (for all his butt-hole-ness) even said as much. It had been done before. The goal was the SB. And we lost anyway. Had it never been done I think they might have gone for it. They could have gotten a bigger lead against the Jets and put it out of reach, then rested guys....Buffalo made me nervous though, snow games that time of year, I was glad to see the starters get some time just to stay in rhythm (something learned from the 2005 season when the starters were rested too much and came out WAY out of synch against the Steelers), But in hindsight, I like the Pats having 18-1 all to themselves

Gutless...love it, BBS (if that's you it's typical)...this is what's horrible about going 18-1

18_1_owned_t_shirt-p235358280899921038qmbd_400_display_image.jpg?1288661115

or any of these.....

https://www.google.c...iw=1582&bih=713

Get my drift?? Tons of this all over the net...IMMORTALIZED!!!! Now google the Colts 2009 season/SB 44 and compare results...I thought so.

Hey cmgww, the Pats taking a stab at perfection, and Belicheck keeping his foot on the gas does not show a lack of class. It shows that they care about achieving records. When I was a little kid, and I dreamed of being in the NFL, I didn't dream of being the long snapper, I didn't dream of being the #3 receiver, I didn't dream of being the leading special teams tackler of my team and winning a Super Bowl. I dreamt of being the all time greatest QB, winning 15 Super Bowls, going undefeated countless times. I wanted to be the best. When I play Madden, and my team is 14-0 and has homefield advantage, I don't rest my starters so they don't get injured. I keep my foot on the gas. When I play a crap team, and I'm winning 42-7, I don't pull out my starters for the fourth quarter. I know I'm equating real life to dreams from my youth and Madden, but the point remains the same. The Pats didn't take their foot off the pedal. The Packers will keep on keepin' on. The Indianapolis Polians on the other hand, lack balls. It's nobody's fault either except Polian. You could tell the players wanted to go for perfection.

Also the argument about how we might have lost players is ridiculous. Anytime you put a player out there he could get injured. Players get hurt in practice. Players get hurt moving furniture in their house. Injuries happen. We had the lead in the third quarter against the Jets, and we were really starting to gel offensively. There's only so many players on an active roster. We still had most of the starting o-line in there, I remember Collie and Garcon still playing. We could have left Peyton in and given him more conservative plays to run clock and put more points on the board, all the while not risking injury. Then say we win that game. We go to Buffalo and play the first half and have a 35-10 lead, then we put Mike Hart in and run the ball the rest of the game. We go 16-0. Playoffs roll around and who knows who we play. We probably still play Baltimore and win that one, then we play San Diego or whoever and I see no reason to say we don't beat them too. Plus since we don't play the Jets, Freeney might not get hurt in a garbage time play, and he's healthy for New Orleans. There is a whole butterfly effect of situations that never played out, and we could have easily run the table. 19-0!!!!

But alas.......

Go Packers!!!

Gutless...love it, BBS (if that's you it's typical)...this is what's horrible about going 18-1

or any of these.....

Get my drift?? Tons of this all over the net...IMMORTALIZED!!!! Now google the Colts 2009 season/SB 44 and compare results...I thought so.

Oh someone made a T-Shirt. Will the horrors ever stop?

or any of these.....

Yeah, but do you know what's worse than being an 18-1 Super Bowl loser?

Being a quitter. Being too afraid to try, or too afraid to fail.

You can rationalize all you want, but most of the world disagrees with you.

And Karma bit the Pats in the butt in the SB, and next season with Brady going down, and since then they haven't won a single playoff game

Perhaps Karma is currently taking a nice big bite out of the Colts' backside as well. I don't know, Brady's healthy and the Patriots are making another run, while the future of the Colts is very much up in the air.

Just sayin'. If you're going to blame 18-1 on Karma, take a look at what's happening to your team right now.

Hey cmgww, the Pats taking a stab at perfection, and Belicheck keeping his foot on the gas does not show a lack of class. It shows that they care about achieving records. When I was a little kid, and I dreamed of being in the NFL, I didn't dream of being the long snapper, I didn't dream of being the #3 receiver, I didn't dream of being the leading special teams tackler of my team and winning a Super Bowl. I dreamt of being the all time greatest QB, winning 15 Super Bowls, going undefeated countless times. I wanted to be the best. When I play Madden, and my team is 14-0 and has homefield advantage, I don't rest my starters so they don't get injured. I keep my foot on the gas. When I play a crap team, and I'm winning 42-7, I don't pull out my starters for the fourth quarter. I know I'm equating real life to dreams from my youth and Madden, but the point remains the same. The Pats didn't take their foot off the pedal. The Packers will keep on keepin' on. The Indianapolis Polians on the other hand, lack balls. It's nobody's fault either except Polian. You could tell the players wanted to go for perfection.

Also the argument about how we might have lost players is ridiculous. Anytime you put a player out there he could get injured. Players get hurt in practice. Players get hurt moving furniture in their house. Injuries happen. We had the lead in the third quarter against the Jets, and we were really starting to gel offensively. There's only so many players on an active roster. We still had most of the starting o-line in there, I remember Collie and Garcon still playing. We could have left Peyton in and given him more conservative plays to run clock and put more points on the board, all the while not risking injury. Then say we win that game. We go to Buffalo and play the first half and have a 35-10 lead, then we put Mike Hart in and run the ball the rest of the game. We go 16-0. Playoffs roll around and who knows who we play. We probably still play Baltimore and win that one, then we play San Diego or whoever and I see no reason to say we don't beat them too. Plus since we don't play the Jets, Freeney might not get hurt in a garbage time play, and he's healthy for New Orleans. There is a whole butterfly effect of situations that never played out, and we could have easily run the table. 19-0!!!!

But alas.......

Go Packers!!!

They kept on...and may have lost Greg Jennings in the process...As Jim Rome asked, what exactly was he still doing on the field when GB was up by 30+?? My point is made. GB has more weapons so they probably will be ok, but if they lose Jennings that's a big hit. He commands double teams that leave Nelson and the other guys one on one...

If the Pack goes for it, good for them. They just have to take the chances that come with it, such as losing their top WR (likely)...luckily the Pack has a lot of depth at WR but Jennings was still their best all around WR. If that's their philosophy, ok, I am fine with it. It's a bit different than the Pats. Maybe it's b/c I can't stand the Pats, or maybe it's b/c just about the whole country outside of New England saw that season for what it was. BB had a loaded squad, he was just fined and lost draft picks for cheating, so he was going to shove it up the NFL's you -know-what....He had a big axe to grind and everyone saw through it...Remember the "humble pie" t-shirts they were wearing?? Yeah, really humble, Brady bombing to Moss in the 4th up by 35 points. Nice. It's not about them going for it all, it was the way they did it. The Packers have been different about it...

Perhaps Karma is currently taking a nice big bite out of the Colts' backside as well. I don't know, Brady's healthy and the Patriots are making another run, while the future of the Colts is very much up in the air.

Just sayin'. If you're going to blame 18-1 on Karma, take a look at what's happening to your team right now.

Um, your Pats aren't going anywhere in the playoffs with that defense...letting WASHINGTON take you guys to the edge when it should have been a blowout, letting the Colts get back into it (don't want to hear about "letting off the gas", the Colts drove the field 3x 85+ yards to get back into it late)...We'll see what happens when you face a team with a real defense and good offense...my prediction; one and done, again. Probably at the hands of (ugh) the Ravens, again.

No, I don't think Karma is playing into the Colts current demise. They had a plan, 16-0 was done two seasons prior, there were no guarantees, the organization did what it always had done. Sat the starters. You can all call it gutless, spineless, laying down, etc. It doesn't matter. They pounded the Ravens and Jets to get to the SB. I only had a problem with the way it was handled. That got under my skin...and playing a chippy Jets team known for a few cheap ones here and there? I don't blame the Colts for sitting the guys. And this is all moot b/c they lost the SB anyway

They kept on...and may have lost Greg Jennings in the process...As Jim Rome asked, what exactly was he still doing on the field when GB was up by 30+?? My point is made. GB has more weapons so they probably will be ok, but if they lose Jennings that's a big hit. He commands double teams that leave Nelson and the other guys one on one...

If the Pack goes for it, good for them. They just have to take the chances that come with it, such as losing their top WR (likely)...luckily the Pack has a lot of depth at WR but Jennings was still their best all around WR. If that's their philosophy, ok, I am fine with it. It's a bit different than the Pats. Maybe it's b/c I can't stand the Pats, or maybe it's b/c just about the whole country outside of New England saw that season for what it was. BB had a loaded squad, he was just fined and lost draft picks for cheating, so he was going to shove it up the NFL's you -know-what....He had a big axe to grind and everyone saw through it...Remember the "humble pie" t-shirts they were wearing?? Yeah, really humble, Brady bombing to Moss in the 4th up by 35 points. Nice. It's not about them going for it all, it was the way they did it. The Packers have been different about it...

Um, your Pats aren't going anywhere in the playoffs with that defense...letting WASHINGTON take you guys to the edge when it should have been a blowout, letting the Colts get back into it (don't want to hear about "letting off the gas", the Colts drove the field 3x 85+ yards to get back into it late)...We'll see what happens when you face a team with a real defense and good offense...my prediction; one and done, again. Probably at the hands of (ugh) the Ravens, again.

No, I don't think Karma is playing into the Colts current demise. They had a plan, 16-0 was done two seasons prior, there were no guarantees, the organization did what it always had done. Sat the starters. You can all call it gutless, spineless, laying down, etc. It doesn't matter. They pounded the Ravens and Jets to get to the SB. I only had a problem with the way it was handled. That got under my skin...and playing a chippy Jets team known for a few cheap ones here and there? I don't blame the Colts for sitting the guys. And this is all moot b/c they lost the SB anyway

I understand (and remember from the old dot-com) that you hate the Patriots, and yes... to an extent, the 2007 season was all about Belichick giving the finger to the entire football-watching world. Let me ask though, what would you have done in that situation? If all of a sudden people who want to see you fail start calling out and questioning everything you've spent your entire life working toward? A 19-0 season with a 4th title would have cemented his legacy and Brady's, and would have created a "no disputing it" claim on the best single-season ever.

And you may be right about the fate of the 2011 team. I don't know. I'm sure not terribly confident in that defense. But as any Colts fans should know... anything is possible. It wasn't exactly Manning leading the postseason charge in 2006.

I understand (and remember from the old dot-com) that you hate the Patriots, and yes... to an extent, the 2007 season was all about Belichick giving the finger to the entire football-watching world. Let me ask though, what would you have done in that situation? If all of a sudden people who want to see you fail start calling out and questioning everything you've spent your entire life working toward? A 19-0 season with a 4th title would have cemented his legacy and Brady's, and would have created a "no disputing it" claim on the best single-season ever.

And you may be right about the fate of the 2011 team. I don't know. I'm sure not terribly confident in that defense. But as any Colts fans should know... anything is possible. It wasn't exactly Manning leading the postseason charge in 2006.

Fair enough...I do see your point there. What would I have done? NOT CHEATED for one...Also, apologized more than BB did ("robot voice" we're sorry for the misunderstanding, come on...)

But it still sticks in my craw, and judging by the amount of merch still available on the 'net (not to mention images, vids, etc) that made fun of the Pats losing, I wasn't the only one that was fed up with BB and the boys and the way they handled things that year. And it's perfectly fine for me to "hate" an arch-rival team (hate used in fan terms, I don't really hate anyone....I know the Pats players are good people)

That said, Manning didn't have a stellar post-season in 2006, but he did enough to win, including the biggest comeback in conf. championship game history against the PATS! And he got them into position for 5 field goals against the stout Ravens defense...Everyone likes to point to the Bears as terrible and all, but they were pretty solid that year. It's not like they lucked into the SB. And we still had to go through the Patriots (many consider that the real Super Bowl that season) to get there. From a 21-6 deficit at the half....

It didn't matter what Belichick did in 2007. There is already a huge asterisk next to all of his accomplishments from prior to 2007.

One thing that that has not been discussed is the Packers final game against the Detroit Lions. They will either be fighting for their playof lives or eliminated by then. We all know they are chippy if not dirty...if they are eliminated you can be sure they would like nothing more than to take some cheap shots at Rodgers. Its a Jim Schwartz (sp?) calling card going back to his days as the Titans DC and prior....cheap shots and dirty play. Just saying, something for the Packers to think about....

They didn't reach 16-0 but the certainly didn't lay down and bend over and invite a 2 live Crew song to be played. At least they treated the game with the respect it deserves.

GET...OVER...IT...PLEASE. It has been TWO SEASONS. Had we had a capable backup QB we may very well have won those last two games...but nonetheless, I am so over the complaining about it. They chose not to go for it. It's done. History. We lost the SB anyway. And take a look at GB today...they lost 3! offensive tackles today (one for the season for sure)...Rodgers better quicken that release...not saying they should have rested guys, too many games left. just pointing out what could have happened to the Colts in Buffalo that season (and what did happen to the Pats losing Welker)

They didn't reach 16-0 but the certainly didn't lay down and bend over and invite a 2 live Crew song to be played. At least they treated the game with the respect it deserves.

I did not see the game . . . but did see the last few minutes on bonus coverage . . . but the Pack did not seem to try to win in the end, that defense was terrible, almost giving the chiefs the first downs at the end of the game . . . a cynical person might think that they might of wanted to loose . . . lose a non conference game, still in the drivers seat for the one seed, don't have to worry about the undefeated talk, and by "trying to win one for the gipper" but "we just lost playing our starters" they won't have to hear it from the other side, the resting the starters and losing the game . . . so the outward appearance is that they did not flush the season down the toilet . . . just a point of view if one were to take the cynical side of things . . .

either way, glad to see the pats 21 in a row in 2003-2004 is still in place. . . .

I mean the Packers didn't sit their starters like the Colts did, they got beat.

yes i see your point, but my point being, if they played their starters with no intention of winning, then they get the best of both worlds, don't have to worry about the undefeated talk and any consequence it might drag into the playoffs, and give the appearance (by playing their starters) that they were really trying to win but behind the scene really weren't trying to win . . .

so bottom line is that a cynical person could look at the game and not look at it as they got beat, but took a step back and were at least apathetic about loosing and perhaps happy they lost . . . which would be different then trying and getting beat . . . this is my point . . .

yes i see your point, but my point being, if they played their starters with no intention of winning, then they get the best of both worlds, don't have to worry about the undefeated talk and any consequence it might drag into the playoffs, and give the appearance (by playing their starters) that they were really trying to win but behind the scene really weren't trying to win . . .

so bottom line is that a cynical person could look at the game and not look at it as they got beat, but took a step back and were at least apathetic about loosing and perhaps happy they lost . . . which would be different then trying and getting beat . . . this is my point . . .

I think they played to win, they just got beat. The fact their defense couldn't get a stop at the end of the game isn't shocking if you've watched them. They aren't very good on defense they just come up with huge plays.

Probably the best thing that could have happened for the Packers. As a coach or GM I'd never eschew the chance to go 16-0 in the regular season, but this puts them in the loss column without having to make any decisions about it.

This is part of reason why I brought up the cynical points above, only saw a few pressers, but the coaches and players almost seemed relieved, which makes me wonder if they were tryng to go for it . . . if they were trying to go for it, then there would be some underlying dissapointment in their voices and even anger . . . as opposed to a sense of relief . . .

I still to this day think that 2007 Pats ran out of gas in late December and January . . . I remember in the 4th quarters of the Phila and Balt games getting really really stressed out, especially the Baltimore game, so stressed out that it felt like a playoff game, that is, if we lose this game, we are done for the season and go home . . . I remember thinking and reflecting after the Baltimore game, why am I going through these playoffs "you lose and your season is done" feelings when were are in the regular season and are in the driver seat for the #1 seed, and have an at least two game lead in mid December . . . then i got to wondering if I am feeling it what are the players feeling . . . not to mention that was a dog fight each week (with our opponents going 1-14 the following week [NYG not included as the season was over}] . . .

and players talk and word gets around between players of how things go and i wonder if the word got out post 2007 from the pats players to other players, what the emotions were going through a 16-0 season (btw the '72 fins really did not have the media pressure that today's teams have, plus the social networks etc., also they were underdogs in the SB) . . . and one wonders if players and coaches want that extra burden come December and January (interestingly the 1998 Broncos talked about how they were kind of happy they lost during the regular season) . . .

with that said i do tip my cap to a degree to the colts who didn't really worry about the 16-0 and did the same thing in '09 as they have done in other years, specifically resting their players . . . i would think too that iof the word did get out the above, management might of wanted to keep the coarse of the prior seasons as opposed to going for 16-0 . . . and this years Packers, for me the jury is kind of out, they claimed they wanted 16-0, but yet weren't dissapointed in losing . . .

and by losing, they don't have to worry about the 16-0 talk and more importantingly, don't have to be put in a position as the colts brass was put in back in 2009, that is, we have the one seed locked up, what do we do now . . . interesting how so many things have now been removed from the teams's burden, but the one the big thing that was lost, 16-0, doesn't seem like a big loss to them . . . just a few thoughts . . .

GET...OVER...IT...PLEASE. It has been TWO SEASONS. Had we had a capable backup QB we may very well have won those last two games...but nonetheless, I am so over the complaining about it. They chose not to go for it. It's done. History. We lost the SB anyway. And take a look at GB today...they lost 3! offensive tackles today (one for the season for sure)...Rodgers better quicken that release...not saying they should have rested guys, too many games left. just pointing out what could have happened to the Colts in Buffalo that season (and what did happen to the Pats losing Welker)

It will be a story that is told when I'm old and gray with a grand kid on my lap if I make it that far. It will be a lesson that they will need to learn about life that you don't give up. You don't quit. Polian, Caldwell, & Irsay failed their players, their employees, their fan base and the the game of football.