Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp thread -- 8/10/14

Stephen

Read bottom to top so it's in order:

@Colts_Camp: Adam Vinatieri hits from 60. He's not bad. #Analysis #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Perfect placement from Luck on goal line fade to TY for the TD. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Adams with another near interception in red zone. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Offense goes 5-wide on goal line. Inside shuffle to Dwayne Allen is dropped. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Nickel front 7 is Werner, Jones, Jean-Francois, Mathis, Jackson, Freeman. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Another bubble screen. Bruce Arians weeps. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Defense is way more exotic than the previous practices I was at. More overloading sides, zone blitzing. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Handoff to.... Mario Harvey.... Gains nothing. #ScoreFirst #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Phillip Hunt just went full Mr. Fantastic deflecting a Hasselbeck pass. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Trent drops a swing pass. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Now Mike Adams in at first team Safety! First play, he picks Luck on a fade! #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Based on practice reps, I would call the competition for 3rd TE a dead heat between Saunders and Doyle. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Sooooo many bubble screens so far this practice. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: @BjoernWernerBTM covering @TYHilton13 in space and succeeds. Em? #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: I think it was @hughthornton72 that just clobbered someone in the running game. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Lance Louis rotates with Mewhort at LG. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Davis and Landry participating in team period! Sergio Brown running as starting safety.#ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Toler takes away Da'Rick's position and picks off Hasselbeck in 1v1 drill! #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Nu'Keese Richardson is a straight blur. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Interestingly, Andrew Luck working some pistol alignment right now. Trent behind him. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: @Lpurifoy15 just looks like an athlete in these drills. Long, quick, fluid. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Delano Howell not dressed. Muamba and Sheppard working second team ILBs. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Marcus Burley and Sheldon Price working second team with Josh Gordy. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Davis and Landry still on the field in defensive walk-through. We might actually have starting DBs today. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Zurlon Tipton doing some kick returning! #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Ahmad Bradshaw in a red no-contact jersey. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Landry is dressed, by the way. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Vontae Davis dressed and going, it looks like. Still trying to find Laron Landry. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Another bubble screen. Bruce Arians weeps. #ColtsCamp

@Colts_Camp: Sooooo many bubble screens so far this practice. #ColtsCamp

Good stuff, Htown.

As for the bubble screens, considering how terrible we ran the early one to TY, I think a good hour spent on nothing but bubble screens is in order. We were highly ineffective at bubble screens to TY last season as well, which is ironic for a quick player like him.

@HolderStephen: Quiet #Colts practice so far, but Jack Mewhort is having his right knee wrapped in ice right now.

@HolderStephen: Did not notice an injury of any kind, but bears some watching now that we know he had a knee scope before camp.

@Colts_Camp: Mewhort had knee wrapped, but then walked around without a limp. Waiting to see if he gets back in. #ColtsCamp

Every time I see a report on him it's always something like the above.  I wonder will we get to see him vs. the Giants?

Or will Grigs get trigger happy and cut him again before we even play.....

Every time I see a report on him it's always something like the above.  I wonder will we get to see him vs. the Giants?

I have a feeling that was a positional need

Every time I see a report on him it's always something like the above. I wonder will we get to see him vs. the Giants?

I hope Harisson is OKAY!

And yeah I think they cut him becuase tye wanted to add Hunt. But now that we have guys getting out on IR again after 1 preseason game I think he will STAY as long as he stays OUT of any trouble at all.

But your right, all of the reports I have seen talk

About his athletisism and speed. Havnt seen a bad one yet. Very interesting!

I hope Harisson is OKAY!

And yeah I think they cut him becuase tye wanted to add Hunt. But now that we have guys getting out on IR again after 1 preseason game I think he will STAY as long as he stays OUT of any trouble at all.

Well, if he could become a blur on PR/KR duties he'd become a necessity, not a luxury. I hope he continues to improve.

Is it going to hurt the coaching staff to give the guys a day off? No wonder the guys are dropping

like flies with injuries, give the guys some time off so their bodies can repair itself.

They have had days off

1 Day in Anderson the first Week

Travel Day between Andeson and NY

and

The day following the game

I hope Harisson is OKAY!

I'm going to keep an eye on him. It's a little bit interesting because everything I've seen of him he's got really good hands on top of having skills and speed to return kicks and punts.  Assuming he somehow made the team I wonder could we break him into the offense for a couple plays under the right circumstances.  I was intrigued at what I saw Dri Archer do on a screen pass in the Giants vs Steelers game.  Richardson isn't fast as Archer but I'd say he's probably right up there with T.Y. in terms of speed.  I've even seen him on some plays in college being used out of the backfield.  We could use him similar to Archer or maybe like we were going to use Rainey before he screwed up his chance.

Is it going to hurt the coaching staff to give the guys a day off? No wonder the guys are dropping

like flies with injuries, give the guys some time off so their bodies can repair itself.

there is minimal to no contact in these training camps now with the CBA... shouldn't really need that much time off.