Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts prep for preseason opener @ New York

TKnight24

Today is an off day from #ColtsCamp. The @Colts will hold open practices on Monday & Tuesday afternoon before going to New York on Wednesday

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

August 3, 2014

Preseason is FINALLY here folks!!! :)

Who will you have your eyes on in the first preseason game of the 2014-2015 season?

My list:

Reggie Wayne (Back to form?)

Dwayne Allen (Same scenario as Reggie)

Bjoern Werner (Can he continue his hot streak in camp thus far into the season?)

The entire WR core (Arguably our deepest position, should be great to see them all get some reps)

Greg Toler (We all know how solid he is when he's on top of his health and game. Is 2015 the year it all comes together for him?)

Trent Richardson (Obvious pick here, time for him to step up & get back to his Alabama form and then some)

Khaled Holmes & the interior line (I have high hopes, and going against the Jets front will be a good challenge.)

:colts:

O-line against Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson, that is my #1 thing I look for on the interior.

Rex Ryan's blitzing, he has known to blitz a few times even in pre-season, I wonder if that trend will continue and how our O reacts.

Our run D improvement and possibly defending the wild cat / read option when Michael Vick plays.

Can't wait love preseason watching all the guys trying to make the team get there chance to showcase what they bring to the table . I think we have more depth than in while so there should be some very good competition for roster spots .

The D-Line depth and the secondary. guess I'm really interested to see if the defense has taken a couple steps forward.

Also, would be nice to see a couple good blocks by the O-Line.

I totally agree. The so called skilled players I don't worry about. My concern is the line on both sides of the ball

This is SPARTA!!

Does that mean Michigan State Basketball HC Tom Izzo will be in the Big Apple cheering for the Blue Horseshoe in New Jersey on Wednesday or are you just a huge Kirk Douglas gladiator fan New Era? 

[1960 film joke] Just messing with you man. SW1 is in a sarcastic mood right now.  :P

I realize you were probably referring to the actor Gerard Butler from the film "300" naturally. I merely went old school on ya vs contemporary that's all. 

I totally agree. The so called skilled players I don't worry about. My concern is the line on both sides of the ball

I read ya CC1 & I agree with that POV 100%, but part of me is curious to see what Jets RB Chris Johnson has left in the tank or at least those veteran legs anyway when the 3rd preseason game rolls around. 

I already know ima watch this game about 5 times in 2 days lol.

Not too much on the starters because they are only going to get like 10 plays or so(except for the OL I'm guessing)

Watch all the draft picks, Adongo, Lance Louis, Chandler Harnish,Muamba, Purifoy/Cox/Burley, Rogers/Moncrief/Whalen, Kerr, that Harvard guy(can't spell his name), Harvey @ FB

Man I'm watching everybody lol

Does that mean Michigan State Basketball HC Tom Izzo will be in the Big Apple cheering for the Blue Horseshoe in New Jersey on Wednesday or are you just a huge Kirk Douglas gladiator fan New Era?

http://youtu.be/-8h_v_our_Q

[1960 film joke] Just messing with you man. SW1 is in a sarcastic mood right now. :P

I realize you were probably referring to the actor Gerard Butler from the film "300" naturally. I merely went old school on ya vs contemporary that's all.

Hey I actually watched that movie also. But was from 300. I'm 39 but I grew up watching the old Clint Eastwood nd John Wayne movies with my dad. Still love the old movies.

I'm going to have my eye on the trainer. I hope he sits on the bench alone the entire night.

Couldn't have said it better myself! I'm hoping to see growth from our starters, healthy returns from injury for others, and development from our rookies and young guns. In exhibition games though, health is the key at the end of each contest.

Obviously I am interested in the position battles and the overall improvement of the team.

I am also curious to see how the refs are going to call contact down the field. The defensive players seemed to get away with a lot of contact last year.

I'll be looking to see how Nicks and Moncrief perform,

I will also be hoping to see T-Rich do something interesting. I'm also fairly interested in our pass rush, and our secondary. And I'm also very interested to see the backups on defense, see how game ready they are.

O-Line and D-Line. They will determine how good a year we have.

Well...and the ever dreaded injury bug, BUT the trenches battles will always win the war. Can we generate any push on D? Can we create running lanes on O?

Do we have quality safety play? Will it be Adams or Howell?

Today is an off day from #ColtsCamp. The @Colts will hold open practices on Monday & Tuesday afternoon before going to New York on Wednesday

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

August 3, 2014

Preseason is FINALLY here folks!!! :)

Who will you have your eyes on in the first preseason game of the 2014-2015 season?

My list:

Reggie Wayne (Back to form?)

Dwayne Allen (Same scenario as Reggie)

Bjoern Werner (Can he continue his hot streak in camp thus far into the season?)

The entire WR core (Arguably our deepest position, should be great to see them all get some reps)

Greg Toler (We all know how solid he is when he's on top of his health and game. Is 2015 the year it all comes together for him?)

Trent Richardson (Obvious pick here, time for him to step up & get back to his Alabama form and then some)

Khaled Holmes & the interior line (I have high hopes, and going against the Jets front will be a good challenge.)

:colts:

Chuck Pagano said Reggie Wayne is the one player he definitely knows won't play against the New York Jets on Thursday

— Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNFL)

August 4, 2014