Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Thread 7/30

Superman

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The injury bug us here!!!! Its looking like its gonna be another season with bunches of guys on IR. Just get that feeling. We seem to have some very fragile guys. Every time I read an training camp thread. Half the posts nearly are about a guy gimping off the field or being down om the fild or getting carted off because of some nick or minor injury. That or a season ending one. Absolutely rediculous! !!!

I bet you predict rain everyday when you go on vacation

The injury bug us here!!!! Its looking like its gonna be another season with bunches of guys on IR. Just get that feeling. We seem to have some very fragile guys. Every time I read an training camp thread. Half the posts nearly are about a guy gimping off the field or being down om the fild or getting carted off because of some nick or minor injury. That or a season ending one. Absolutely rediculous! !!!

You realize it is tackle football right? Guys get banged up. Every team deals with it

I bet you predict rain everyday when you go on vacation

No I dont actually, but the trend generally always seems to be the same for us as far as injuries. And it looks like were headed down that path again. Trust me I hope to God Im wrong!!! But I just get this sick feeling in my gut about it. I don't like saying it or just being a downer but I'm being honest.

Man I am getting everything that is twitter blocked. So we made it out of practice with just an unknown injury to Thomas. Everyone else just bumps and bruises correct?

That is how it appears.  Thomas supposedly was putting weight on the knee from what I'm reading but the reactions he gave where not good.  He was apparently very upset about the injury.

Also his initial reaction of screaming doesn't sound good.

So brace yourself for a season ender to Thomas.  I'm just going to consider Thomas out for the season and if I hear something better tomorrow I'll be happy.  If I hear his season is over then it will just be what I expected.  

No I dont actually, but the trend generally always seems to be the same for us as far as injuries. And it looks like were headed down that path again. Trust me I hope to God Im wrong!!! But I just get this sick feeling in my gut about it. I don't like saying it or just being a downer but I'm being honest.

Then don't say it, because you are being a downer lol

You realize it is tackle football right? Guys get banged up. Every team deals with it

Fully aware, trust me! But yet majority of those teams dont seem to end up with 17 guys on IR by mid season nearly like we do. Thats my my concern. I know minor things are gonna happen.

The only good news is it sounds like he was maybe walking unassisted.  But that's not very much comfort considering his reactions.  

So was Reggie when he walked to the locker rooms during the Denver game.  But he stayed on the field longer and needed help up.  Thomas seemed to get up and off the field so hoping for the best

Everything is looking bad

DT knows what a major injury feels like

On the plus, he might also be more likely to over react to a lesser injury due to the frustration he experienced last year. Just being optimistic/rationalizing the best case scenario.