Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp Thread 7/27

MTC

I'm relying on tweets, but it looks like Rogers had a bad first day and a great second day. For the past two practices, he's made some plays, but he's also made mistakes. His route running continues to be the biggest issue.

That is about how I remember it too if you throw in a couple of balls going threw his hands. Up and down. I would say he is behind Griff on the depth chart now. I am not so sure we have what we thought we had in Roger's  He is going to have to prove it he isn't making final 53 on this team at WR on potential. I know it is early.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if anyone is keeping track of catches and stats at TC from Colts not named Andrew Luck

George Bremer does: well he keeps track of Lucks completions and who caught them

@gmbremer: T.Y. Hilton had 5 catches and 2 TDs. Hakeem Nicks had 4 receptions. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Reggie Wayne was Luck's favorite target today with 7 catches, 2 TDs. Earned his bag of ice after practice. #ColtsCamp

Manusky said in an interview that right now Newsome is where Werner was at this point last year (pretty much lost in the defense schemes). He said he has the ability but he has to prove that he can beat tackles consistently.

Thanks for reporting some meaningful news about the progress of a newbie.

I was wondering the same thing. Is it possible that they could be waiting to see how the surgery goes? If so, I am wondering if he could be our player designated for return later in the season. T Suggs recovered in 9 months, so is there any situation in which he could be able to come back late in the season?

9 months would be the middle of April. No way he's back this season.

That is about how I remember it too if you throw in a couple of balls going threw his hands. Up and down. I would say he is behind Griff on the depth chart now. I am not so sure we have what we thought we had in Roger's  He is going to have to prove it he isn't making final 53 on this team at WR on potential. I know it is early.

I think this is pretty much what we thought Rogers was. A big, physically imposing and athletic receiver who needs a lot of refinement. His techniques are lacking, but the tools are there. I guess it's possible that some assumed the development would be automatic, but he's always been a developmental piece. It explains why he didn't play until Week 13 last year, despite the troubles our receivers were having.

I think this is pretty much what we thought Rogers was. A big, physically imposing and athletic receiver who needs a lot of refinement. His techniques are lacking, but the tools are there. I guess it's possible that some assumed the development would be automatic, but he's always been a developmental piece. It explains why he didn't play until Week 13 last year, despite the troubles our receivers were having.

The guy went undrafted and was an early cut by the Bills. I'm sure he has some potential but I don't for a minute belied all that "1st round talent" stuff we were hearing last year.

A developmental piece that did not seem to develop much in the off season. Reports posted here are dropped balls, continued poor routes and the most concerning not running out plays that don't come to his side.

I see what everyone else see's 6'3" 215 can run super athlete. I was hoping he would do some developing on his own on the off season and be tearing it up in camp as I think a lot were.  That does not seem to be the case. Maybe he doesn't have the motivation to develop I don't know. I am just saying I don't think he is a lock for the final 53. Especially with the camp Moncrief is having so far.

We have 4 spots filled barring injury, he could be fighting for one spot from what I am reading there doesn't seem to be a lot of urgency. What's he do on special teams?

He made a big catch vs KC that was the only ball he caught in the playoffs on 6 targets last year dropped at least 2 vs NE. Sounds about like his camp so far.

11 days until the first preseason game we will see what happens.

Will they be asking about Manziel? They don't want to let the NFL Network get the jump on them, right?

Yea they will since Jerry Jones said he almost turned in the Manziel draft card. So ESPN will be all over that all day tomorrow

Yea they will since Jerry Jones said he almost turned in the Manziel draft card. So ESPN will be all over that all day tomorrow

I don't know how much more of this Manziel media coverage I can take, Its honestly almost to the point I hope he busts out because I shudder to think how much the media will eat it all up if he succeeds

This much coverage in Cleveland could you imagine if he went to Dallas? Jerry must be going nuts that the Browns are getting all that attention.

In a pass-rush drill pitting linebackers versus running backs and tight ends, Freeman and Herron shared a crackling collision. They remained engaged past the whistle, and Herron pulled off Freeman's helmet. As they headed back to their respective area, Herron and Freeman continued to bark at each other.

Round 2 came a few minutes later when the focus turned to the run game. Freeman met Herron in a gap, wrapped him up and pushed him back. Instead of immediately easing up, Freeman drove Herron over a pile of players.

Tight end Weslye Saunders took exception and went after Freeman. An assistant coach intervened to keep things from escalating.

Sorry too draw any attention away from anything but this being a training camp thread id figured id ask. I'm going Wednesday for the first time super excited, hwoever I have absolutely zero idea when I should get there? I appreciate any help