Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian Radio Show Summary

Fatboyslim11

Can anyone listening to the show in the Indy area please provide a summary. Inquiring minds and we sewer rats want to know.

Isn't that what they post as "The Polian Corner" on Colts.com? And Blue Stampede provides some semblance of same - dissected and distorted for his amusement of course.

I listened to it nothing too shocking.

Normal we aren't as bad as we looked when you go back and watch the tape. He did say the offense was down right bad on Sunday though.

He said Brown is playing realy well and that they hope to have Addai back after the bye. He said Clark's injury is still up in the air but he could be back in two to three weeks he hopes and that's counting the bye in there.

He said Caldwell did a better job coaching last season than he did the year we went to the Super Bowl and pretty much gave Caldwell credit for the team making the playoffs last year.

He sang the praises of the young linebackers and said it would imporatant to get them rest this week.

He said he didn't know who was going to start at QB yet vs. the Panthers because Caldwell hadn't made the decision this week.

He said this week would be a "teaching" week in practice and they will start on the game plan next week.

He thanked the fans a bunch of times for sticking with the team.

He dodged a question on if they would draft Luck and release Manning if it came to that.

He said the defense played really well on Sunday and if we get the other two phases of the game to play like they did on Sunday things will be okay.

He said we did not pick up the blitz very well vs. the Jags even though they knew they were going to do it and that was concerning.

"He said Caldwell did a better job coaching last season than he did the year we went to the Super Bowl and pretty much gave Caldwell credit for the team making the playoffs last year."

..say what now? It's quite obvious who was responsible for getting this team to the SB that season and the playoffs last year. This guy is delusional.

This guy is a complete stooge. He said our linebackers are playing as good as any linebackers in the NFL.

LOL and one of us peasants got through his secret service quality phone screeners and said, “Anyone with a sound mind and not visually impaired can see he’s (Painter) horrendous.”

You mean sewer rats, not peasants.

"He said Caldwell did a better job coaching last season than he did the year we went to the Super Bowl and pretty much gave Caldwell credit for the team making the playoffs last year."

..say what now? It's quite obvious who was responsible for getting this team to the SB that season and the playoffs last year. This guy is delusional.

“As we hit about Week 12 last year, we were really struggling to put a good team on the field. … Coach Caldwell simplified the offense and … grabbed the team by the lapels … and dragged it across the finish line."

Caldwell was the saving grace last year, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111114/SPORTS/111114021/Polian-Painter-didn-t-play-nearly-badly-people-thought

I listened to it nothing too shocking.

Normal we aren't as bad as we looked when you go back and watch the tape. He did say the offense was down right bad on Sunday though.

He said Brown is playing realy well and that they hope to have Addai back after the bye. He said Clark's injury is still up in the air but he could be back in two to three weeks he hopes and that's counting the bye in there.

He said Caldwell did a better job coaching last season than he did the year we went to the Super Bowl and pretty much gave Caldwell credit for the team making the playoffs last year.

He sang the praises of the young linebackers and said it would imporatant to get them rest this week.

He said he didn't know who was going to start at QB yet vs. the Panthers because Caldwell hadn't made the decision this week.

He said this week would be a "teaching" week in practice and they will start on the game plan next week.

He thanked the fans a bunch of times for sticking with the team.

He dodged a question on if they would draft Luck and release Manning if it came to that.

He said the defense played really well on Sunday and if we get the other two phases of the game to play like they did on Sunday things will be okay.

He said we did not pick up the blitz very well vs. the Jags even though they knew they were going to do it and that was concerning.

Polian appears to have gone completely senile and his mind is devoid of reality. He doesn't even bother to try to fool us anymore with his dumb statements. Poor, poor Polian his mind was a terrible thing to lose.

Can anyone listening to the show in the Indy area please provide a summary. Inquiring minds and we sewer rats want to know.

He really need to stop with this silly show. It serves no purpose just excuses,spin doctoring, ego stroking and iritating the fan base by talking down to them. The host is like Chuck Marlow lobbing softballs and walking on egg shells to Bob Knight. I think the show has run it course, I would rather he help fix this team than just sit and talk nonsense. He addresses nothing that us joe fans are worried about. GONG THE BP SHOW PLEASE!

He really need to stop with this silly show. It serves no purpose just excuses,spin doctoring, ego stroking and iritating the fan base by talking down to them. The host is like Chuck Marlow lobbing softballs and walking on egg shells to Bob Knight. I think the show has run it course, I would rather he help fix this team than just sit and talk nonsense. He addresses nothing that us joe fans are worried about. GONG THE BP SHOW PLEASE!

What does it matter if he has a show or not? I mean really if it bothers people that much don't listen it's not like anyone is forced to listen to it.

What does it matter if he has a show or not? I mean really if it bothers people that much don't listen it's not like anyone is forced to listen to it.

Why does it bother you that it bothers others that Polian has a show? If you don't like that it bothers them then don't read their posts? ;)

Why does it bother you that it bothers others that Polian has a show? If you don't like that it bothers them then don't read their posts? ;)

Well I am just baffled as to why people who don't like Bill Polian would take the time to listen to his show. Also I am baffled to why anyone would think he would do anything but support his coach/players at this time given their record. It's all GM speak, no different then what Bill Belichek says when he is interviewed.

Well I am just baffled as to why people who don't like Bill Polian would take the time to listen to his show. Also I am baffled to why anyone would think he would do anything but support his coach/players at this time given their record. It's all GM speak, no different then what Bill Belichek says when he is interviewed.

Hahahaha

Bill, I mean dn, is baffled. I don't think the guy who voiced his opinion on the Polian show actually listens to it. That would be a pointless exercise. He's basically just saying the show itself is a waste of air time.....which it is.

I think it's very amusing that he considers the return game a part of the team. He has never had a true returner and any that he brings in, he cuts within a week. Prince Miller being the latest. Joe L. has no business being the kickoff returner. A kneel down is his best return of the year and Pierre returning punts is a joke. What, he has a long return of maybe 8? And his average is one and a half yards. Polian doesn't consider the return game important. Quit blowing smoke up our :oops: !!

Exactly, so what's the point of the show? He needs to realize the excuses and spin is not helping.

Exactly, so what's the point of the show? He needs to realize the excuses and spin is not helping.

It's not helping or hurting, it's just a radio show, in the big picture it's no big deal either way, that is why I can't figure out why people get so worked up about it.

It's not helping or hurting, it's just a radio show, in the big picture it's no big deal either way, that is why I can't figure out why people get so worked up about it.

Well it must have some significance since Polian blocked people from listening to it on the internet. He doesn't want the rest of the country to see how big of a fool he is.

Everything is cool. I heard Caldwell on the radio yesterday. He said we're doing all the right things, we just need to do them a little better. So that's ok then.

It's a close call as to who is the most deluded. Irsay for still thinking either Polian is even slightly competent, Bill P for thinking anyone believes his nonsense or Caldwell who clearly has no idea or what or where he is. I guess in Caldwell's case he's there to be the scapegoat and as long as he's there looking and acting clueless it draws fire away from the toxic Polians.

Everything is cool. I heard Caldwell on the radio yesterday. He said we're doing all the right things, we just need to do them a little better. So that's ok then.

It's a close call as to who is the most deluded. Irsay for still thinking either Polian is even slightly competent, Bill P for thinking anyone believes his nonsense or Caldwell who clearly has no idea or what or where he is. I guess in Caldwell's case he's there to be the scapegoat and as long as he's there looking and acting clueless it draws fire away from the toxic Polians.

That theory is kinda on the money, IMO. Caldwell is the key. His incompetence and delusional. alternate reality trumps Polians delusions and they both prey on Irsay's juvenile fear of disappointing his elders so they stick around. Chris Polian is also happy because his incompetence is still largely masked by all the other insanity in the Colts organization. This, unfortunately, would make a great episode for the Jerry Springer or Maury Povich show.

It is interesting how people are able to obtain so much information about someone's ability simply based off a radio show or interview and such...

It is interesting how people are able to obtain so much information about someone's ability simply based off a radio show or interview and such...

Dn...for once, I agree with you that people shouldn't be so up in arms about the existence of the Polian show. Is it worthless? For the most part. Is over 90% of sports talk radio and sports media in general worthless? For the most part. Unless you think all sports radio should go away, then just don't listen and stop saying it should be canceled. The Polian Show is nothing more than filler on an Indy radio station. If anyone believes it is more than that at this point, then that's their problem.

Debating the merits of what Bill says on the show is a whole other issue. This is where I disagree with you Dn. What BP and Caldwell say to the media about the Colts' current situation is a direct reflection of the state of the franchise. If Bill really believes that JC is doing a really good job as HC, then it speaks to how out of touch he really is. Everyone around the league knows JC is a poor HC, as do members of the media...I know you think that we as fans do not have a solid grasp on his performance, but I, for one, understand the game and can tell there is poor game planning, a general lack of adjustment during games, and poor game management. These are signs he is bad at these facets of head coaching (I do think he is good at certain things such as preparing the players to execute a crappy gameplan, keeping the team together, etc.). Also, If JC really believes that we just need to do the little things better to win, which he says every week, it shows how out of touch he is. Basically, what they are relaying to the fan base is that everything is ok and we don't need to change a thing, just execute better. This is pure spin and assumes that we are all gullible and stupid. That's not the reality of the situation and not what fans want to hear right now. I would like JC to say that we really need to change what we are doing on offense to make-up for PM not being in the game, and also need to become more aggressive on D due to our personnel and a change in offensive philosophy. That's what the Colts need to do better to win, and that's what they should be doing. The fact they aren't...and continue to pat each others backs to the fans and media is frustrating, worth discussing, and is a direct reflection of who JC is as a head coach.

Dn...for once, I agree with you that people shouldn't be so up in arms about the existence of the Polian show. Is it worthless? For the most part. Is over 90% of sports talk radio and sports media in general worthless? For the most part. Unless you think all sports radio should go away, then just don't listen and stop saying it should be canceled. The Polian Show is nothing more than filler on an Indy radio station. If anyone believes it is more than that at this point, then that's their problem.

Debating the merits of what Bill says on the show is a whole other issue. This is where I disagree with you Dn. What BP and Caldwell say to the media about the Colts' current situation is a direct reflection of the state of the franchise. If Bill really believes that JC is doing a really good job as HC, then it speaks to how out of touch he really is. Everyone around the league knows JC is a poor HC, as do members of the media...I know you think that we as fans do not have a solid grasp on his performance, but I, for one, understand the game and can tell there is poor game planning, a general lack of adjustment during games, and poor game management. These are signs he is bad at these facets of head coaching (I do think he is good at certain things such as preparing the players to execute a crappy gameplan, keeping the team together, etc.). Also, If JC really believes that we just need to do the little things better to win, which he says every week, it shows how out of touch he is. Basically, what they are relaying to the fan base is that everything is ok and we don't need to change a thing, just execute better. This is pure spin and assumes that we are all gullible and stupid. That's not the reality of the situation and not what fans want to hear right now. I would like JC to say that we really need to change what we are doing on offense to make-up for PM not being in the game, and also need to become more aggressive on D due to our personnel and a change in offensive philosophy. That's what the Colts need to do better to win, and that's what they should be doing. The fact they aren't...and continue to pat each others backs to the fans and media is frustrating, worth discussing, and is a direct reflection of who JC is as a head coach.

I think most dont like it because of the way he talks to the host and talks down to the fans. He will take on zero tough questions and skate aroun every issue. It basically is an hour for him to show off his vocabulary and use big words that is mostly useless in the text he uses them in. BP may be a solid GM, but is not a guy I would hire as a spokeman by any stretch.

I think most dont like it because of the way he talks to the host and talks down to the fans. He will take on zero tough questions and skate aroun every issue. It basically is an hour for him to show off his vocabulary and use big words that is mostly useless in the text he uses them in. BP may be a solid GM, but is not a guy I would hire as a spokeman by any stretch.

As with anyone in any position, you can say whatever you want, when it's all said and done your proof of worth is how good you are at your job is on the field or in the numbers and such.

Right...I think a lot of it goes back to the blow-up on the show after week 16 when we pulled the starters against the Jets. Prior to that, the show was broadcast nationally and no one ever really discussed it. Bill was rude before that show, and was always thrown softballs. Now BBS at StampedeBlue grinds his ax every week about week 16, as do many of the Polian haters, and makes it seem like his behavior is new or novel. Maybe BP has just overstayed his welcome in Indy like he did in Buffalo and Carolina? Who knows if Irsay thinks this is the case, but a large segment of the fan base does. I am personally on the fence. I think we are no worse than 6-4 (probably 7-3) with PM playing and would be in line to win the division again with Schaub going down. I mean, the roster is essentially the same as it was two years ago when we were in the Superbowl. However, if the team weren't so dependent on one player, we would most likely have more than one Superbowl. I guess if we do get rid of the Polians, I'm not sure who we would hire to replace them...no doubt the coaching staff need serious changes though...

Right...I think a lot of it goes back to the blow-up on the show after week 16 when we pulled the starters against the Jets. Prior to that, the show was broadcast nationally and no one ever really discussed it. Bill was rude before that show, and was always thrown softballs. Now BBS at StampedeBlue grinds his ax every week about week 16, as do many of the Polian haters, and makes it seem like his behavior is new or novel. Maybe BP has just overstayed his welcome in Indy like he did in Buffalo and Carolina? Who knows if Irsay thinks this is the case, but a large segment of the fan base does. I am personally on the fence. I think we are no worse than 6-4 (probably 7-3) with PM playing and would be in line to win the division again with Schaub going down. I mean, the roster is essentially the same as it was two years ago when we were in the Superbowl. However, if the team weren't so dependent on one player, we would most likely have more than one Superbowl. I guess if we do get rid of the Polians, I'm not sure who we would hire to replace them...no doubt the coaching staff need serious changes though...

Great points. I do feel that you are never going to get a big name coach with a GM That is so hands on and I mean hands on! So that will be Big Jims tough decision, If BP stays around, you are mostly stuck with second tier or yesmen coaches in my opinion. tough call.

Great points. I do feel that you are never going to get a big name coach with a GM That is so hands on and I mean hands on! So that will be Big Jims tough decision, If BP stays around, you are mostly stuck with second tier or yesmen coaches in my opinion. tough call.

How was Tony Dungy a yes man or second tier coach?

“As we hit about Week 12 last year, we were really struggling to put a good team on the field. … Coach Caldwell simplified the offense and … grabbed the team by the lapels … and dragged it across the finish line."

I'm not as super anti-Polian as others, but I have to say that this is the dumbest comment I've ever heard. Simplified it for who? Aside from the line, I have no clue who would need the system simplified. I'm straining to rationalize this comment.

Anyone?