Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Can't Trade Manning

GoColts8818

If Peyton comes back he is a higher caliber player thank Rogers, brady, Brees etc.

These players can't win on bad teams. Peyton not only won, but went to SB's and won.

Until I see Rogers do well on a atrocious team like the Colts for example, he will never be better than Manning. Green Bay is loaded and I mean loaded with talent on all aspects.

Wait? People point to the Packers winning the SB last year with a vast amount of players on the IR and then losing two key players in teh SB...so how did he win that? Also if you believe the Colts were a bad team over the past decade then you must have been watching a different Colt team then I did. Also Peyton is how old....

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers is not even close to a player Manning is. period.

I am doubtful there are many who would agree with you. Peyton had a wonderful career, is a HOF player who when done will be viewed in the top 5 of all time QB's. But we are talking right now and for the next few years and there is no way that Peyton Manning is even in the league with Rogers. At this point we don't even know if Peyton will ever play again let alone at the level he did before. Right now Rogers is not only the best QB in the NFL, he may be the best overall player in teh NFL. Players get old and skills diminish and that is not a bad thing, that is just sports. All players have it happen to them...and Peyton is no different.

I am doubtful there are many who would agree with you. Peyton had a wonderful career, is a HOF player who when done will be viewed in the top 5 of all time QB's. But we are talking right now and for the next few years and there is no way that Peyton Manning is even in the league with Rogers. At this point we don't even know if Peyton will ever play again let alone at the level he did before. Right now Rogers is not only the best QB in the NFL, he may be the best overall player in teh NFL. Players get old and skills diminish and that is not a bad thing, that is just sports. All players have it happen to them...and Peyton is no different.

you wanna talk right now?

Brady is better than Rogers. In many ways A LOT better. Also Brees is better than Rogers.

So please dont talk about right now. Youa also don't know how Manning will be next year. I believe he is better than Rogers because he wins witha no talent team.

Brady is better than Rogers. In many ways A LOT better. Also Brees is better than Rogers.

So please dont talk about right now. Youa also don't know how Manning will be next year. I believe he is better than Rogers because he wins witha no talent team.

exactly how is Brees or Brady better? Both are very good but neither are putting up Roger type numbers. Brees has every bit the offensive weapons that Rogers has in GB. The Pats don't offer as many weapons and like Peyton, Brady isn't a young chicken anymore. Sorry but right now there is Aaron Rogers and everyone else. Unless he gets hurt he will be the league MVP and has a real good shot at playing in Indy come Feb.

Manning had much better seasons. Wayy better. Go look and compare the stats. When Manning was his age his TD's were in upper 30's and 40's. His yards were over 4000 every season, he had way more completions and most of all NEVER had a good team around him.

We're talking today......not years ago. At their same age Manning was better.....but guess what, Manning not 28 anymore....Rodgers is.

Take off your blue - colored glasses and realize that a 28 (almost) year old Aaron Rodgers would be a better pick (should your team need a QB) then a 36 year old - 3 time neck surgery patient - who's currently in the process of missing the whole season.

It's not a slam on Manning....If they were both 28 and healthy the choice is easy, just like it is in the opposite direction in the real world.

Are you really saying if GB called and said we'd trade you Rodgers straight up for Manning....you would turn that deal down?

I understand where Colts fans feelings are, Peyton has been an incredible talent and done so much for this franchise and city it is hard to see him at the end of his career. People still want him to be the guy that broke Dan Marino's TD record, or the guy with the record passing yards. But we have to accept what we have and that is a Peyton of advancing age where many call it a career even if they haven't had a major injury. I think we also have to accept the severity of this injury as being much worse then what is the "norm" for many NFL injuries. I want the Franchise to do what is best, but until we have a true understanding of what Peyton can or can't do that is tough, and to believe that there are not better NFL players in the league right now over Peyton is just silly.

When you say this franchise, you are really talking about Bill arent you? Of all the players you say are better today, can they carry this present Colts team to wins like Manning has and if healthy still will. I dont see not one single player you mention that can even come close. Almost all of the players you mention have a really good team around them something you dont care to mention that Peyton did not have and he was successful. Kind of like when some of the so called great college teams play the SEC in the championship games and lose their butt. Kind of like Stanford playing Oregon and not being able to win because of not having a good defensive team. Well this is what Peyton has been playing with since he has been here and he has still been able to win until he had to play the really good teams in the playoffs. Ill take old Peyton any day over anybody you have listed and be happy.

They weren't going to trade him anyways.

Irsay already said his ideal situation would be to draft Luck and have him sit behind Peyton. If Peyton re-injures his neck then you have a young QB waiting on the sideline to come in.

Yeah Luck can come in, but what do you expect him to do? If we draft Luck then we don't get to add a key playmaker or 2 to the defense which means that we will lose most of are games with Luck as the starting quarterback.

exactly how is Brees or Brady better? Both are very good but neither are putting up Roger type numbers. Brees has every bit the offensive weapons that Rogers has in GB. The Pats don't offer as many weapons and like Peyton, Brady isn't a young chicken anymore. Sorry but right now there is Aaron Rogers and everyone else. Unless he gets hurt he will be the league MVP and has a real good shot at playing in Indy come Feb.

I don't consider the Packers to be Super Bowl favorites right now. There defense has been average and you need a good or great defense to win in the playoffs. Great offenses like the colts, patriots, and packers can be shut down by a great defense. The Packers are still very good though.

We're talking today......not years ago. At their same age Manning was better.....but guess what, Manning not 28 anymore....Rodgers is.

Take off your blue - colored glasses and realize that a 28 (almost) year old Aaron Rodgers would be a better pick (should your team need a QB) then a 36 year old - 3 time neck surgery patient - who's currently in the process of missing the whole season.

It's not a slam on Manning....If they were both 28 and healthy the choice is easy, just like it is in the opposite direction in the real world.

Are you really saying if GB called and said we'd trade you Rodgers straight up for Manning....you would turn that deal down?

I would pick Peyton Manning over Aaron Rodgers as my quarterback at there current ages. Manning is better and he doesn't take that many hits at quarterback.

The Packers schedule is absurdly soft

In terms of passer rating allowed

Saints #20

Panthers #28

Bears #6

Broncos #29

Falcons #21

Rams #25

Vikings #31

Chargers #29

Vikings #31

Manning had much better seasons. Wayy better. Go look and compare the stats. When Manning was his age his TD's were in upper 30's and 40's. His yards were over 4000 every season, he had way more completions and most of all NEVER had a good team around him.

Rogers is not even close. Not on the same planet.

Rogers is not even in the same conversation as Manning or Brady. He is not in their league.

Sure thing Chief......O by the way, I looked up Peyton and Rodgers. Ages 25,26,27. Here you go.

Rodgers: 1003 Comp, 12394yds, 86TDs, 31 Ints, 64.6 Comp%, 99.4 QBR

Manning: 1114 Comp, 12598yds, 86TDs, 57 Ints, 65.3 Comp%, 90.6 QBR

So based on those, I'd have to give the edge to Rodgers over Manning. Aaron Rodgers at age 25, 26, 27 is BETTER than Peyton Manning.

Sure thing Chief......O by the way, I looked up Peyton and Rodgers. Ages 25,26,27. Here you go.

Rodgers: 1003 Comp, 12394yds, 86TDs, 31 Ints, 64.6 Comp%, 99.4 QBR

Manning: 1114 Comp, 12598yds, 86TDs, 57 Ints, 65.3 Comp%, 90.6 QBR

So based on those, I'd have to give the edge to Rodgers over Manning. Aaron Rodgers at age 25, 26, 27 is BETTER than Peyton Manning.

Are you serious? You cherry pick Manning's 2 worst seasons since he was a rookie in terms of passer rating, both of which took place before he was given play calling responsibility (his greatest contribution to the offense), and that is supposed to be some kind of compelling argument?

Are you serious? You cherry pick Manning's 2 worst seasons in terms of passer rating, both of which took place before he was given play calling responsibility (his greatest contribution to the offense), and that is supposed to be some kind of compelling argument?

No I cherry picked exactly what he asked for. He asked for seasons based on ages. Those are the seasons as compared to age. 25, 26, 27.

Rodgers first 3 seasons, Peytons seasons 4,5,6. And Peytons age 27 season he won the NFL MVP.

Rodgers seasons 4,5,6. His first 3 he did almost nothing.

Right.

Aaron Rodgers is the new premier QB in the NFL. He's a SB MVP. Playing for a historic franchise, on a high octane offense. I've said it for two years, when I see Rodgers play (which is every week and twice in person) I see Peyton circa 04-08. He's just playing on a different level. Now keeping up the pace is the trick. Thats what separates Peyton from the rest. He did it for 15 years. Rodgers has done it for 4. But just because Rodgers hasnt had the chance at longevity that Peyton has, lets not discount what he's done, which is amazing QB play. He's on pace to do some pretty amazing things, and the similarities between him and Peyton are going to quickly start coming from people outside this forum. I suggest everyone prepares themselves.

When you say this franchise, you are really talking about Bill arent you? Of all the players you say are better today, can they carry this present Colts team to wins like Manning has and if healthy still will. I dont see not one single player you mention that can even come close. Almost all of the players you mention have a really good team around them something you dont care to mention that Peyton did not have and he was successful. Kind of like when some of the so called great college teams play the SEC in the championship games and lose their butt. Kind of like Stanford playing Oregon and not being able to win because of not having a good defensive team. Well this is what Peyton has been playing with since he has been here and he has still been able to win until he had to play the really good teams in the playoffs. Ill take old Peyton any day over anybody you have listed and be happy.

You put Brees, Brady, Ben or Aaron on this team and this team is a top team in the league without question.

I don't consider the Packers to be Super Bowl favorites right now. There defense has been average and you need a good or great defense to win in the playoffs. Great offenses like the colts, patriots, and packers can be shut down by a great defense. The Packers are still very good though.

I am willing to bet Vegas doesn't agree and neither does most folk who follow the NFL. There is no team in the NFL right now considered a stronger bet to make it to Indy in Feb then the Packers.

like I said, Rogers in not even close to those 3 QB's.

yep, I'm not jumping on Rogers bandwagon until I see 8 seasons of 4000+ yards and 35+ TD's each season.

My indefatigable and astute powers of observation have brought me to the conclusion that you, sir, do not like Aaron Rodgers for some reason.

It's my gift.

I think half of you guys are saying Rodgers is the best this season (I 100% agree)

the other half are saying Rodgers is the best as in career wise

and you are mixing the two up

Rodgers is not on the level of Brady or Manning in terms of what these 2 QB's have done in their entire career but Rodgers surely will be if he continues at this level will reach those accomplishments. I see Rodgers breaking the TD record this year and the passer rating this year (the packers remaining games are ridiculously easy). He has 4 I believe 140+QB rating games in a row, I've never seen that, its amazing. I also see the Packers going 16-0 and probably winning the Super Bowl. Rodgers is on an another level when it comes to playoff performance.

Good. He doesn't need to be traded. He either can't play or he can. If he can play, why trade away the best player in the NFL?

Open your eyes people. Manning is no longer the best player in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers is (as far as QB's go at least). Even if he did play this year, no way he matches Rodgers stats, at least with the players he has around him and also the fact he is getting up there in age/wear and tear. I hate to say it myself, but lets face the facts. Based on current situation, caliber of players we have (and I mean lack of), defensive abilities, etc. unless miracle/major turn around, he is most likely not going anywhere if stays here. Sure, he could bring the Colts to playoffs still because he is still that good and would only have to contend with the Texans in their division really. But It'll be the typical 1 and done and that's as far as they will get. They don't have the firepower anylonger like they used to (for various reasons already stated numerous times). I would be saying differently if we did have up and coming good players on offense and defense and better coaching staff, etc. But we don't, we really have nothing due to lack of vision past 5 years or so. Lets start a new future. Green Bay did. Have 1 SB already and looks like they are going to have another one this year.

Lol, i dont care for Rodgers either. I think hes a spoiled punk. No matter what me may do in terms of numbers, i'll never like him. Matter fact, i think he has taken over my number one spot for my most disliked nfl player award. Rivers is a close second though.

I would be intersted to know wht rogers did to be viewed as a spoild punk?

Over time they might progress to that but right now you are looking at 3-4 wins.

I guess we disagee, if we had any of those guys right now I see the Colts after 10 games eaisly with 6-8 wins, and finishing the season near 10-11 wins. I think you would be shocked just how differernt this team would be with a true top flight MVPish/Pro bowl/HOF style QB at the helm of the Colts.

I didn't say the Packers are not a good team. My point is that Rodgers' numbers are a bit misleading.

This week they play #25 Tampa Bay. That will make 10 of 11 games against opponents in the bottom 13.

All you can do is play against the team you are scheduled. does anyone know the defense rankings of the teams Peyton put up his record setting TD season?

All you can do is play against the team you are scheduled. does anyone know the defense rankings of the teams Peyton put up his record setting TD season?

Yes I do and Brady's too (which are pretty remarkable)

2004 Colt Opponents

Patriots #7

Titans #25

Packers #31

Jaguars #18

Raiders #32

Jaguars #18

Chiefs #30

Vikings #28

Texans #21

Bears #13

Lions #22

Titans #25

Texans #21

Ravens #2

Chargers #9

Broncos #12

2007 Patriot Opponents

Jets #16

Chargers #1

Bills #15

Bengals #27

Browns #17

Cowboys #5

Dolphins #29

Redskins #10

Colts #3

Bills #15

Eagles #13

Ravens #24

Steelers #9

Jets #16

Dolphins #29

Giants #17

Yes I do and Brady's too (which are pretty remarkable)

NFL rankings aren't exactly a solid stat to base something on. Using 2004 vs. 2007 as an example one of the quarterbacks could have faced higher ranked defenses but also faced worse defenses.

Were you using Yards or PPG to rank them?

After a quick review, it seems you used something entirely different since your #'s are off for either yards or PPG at least for 2004.

NFL rankings aren't exactly a solid stat to base something on. Using 2004 vs. 2007 as an example one of the quarterbacks could have faced higher ranked defenses but also faced worse defenses.

Were you using Yards or PPG to rank them?

After a quick review, it seems you used something entirely different since your #'s are off for either yards or PPG at least for 2004.

Passer rating allowed