Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Can't Trade Manning

GoColts8818

Good, now we can have our immediate future with PM, and then our longterm future with Luck. It's the best of both worlds, we get our star QB back and our future is set. It's good that we can't trade PM

I love that idea but the problem is still not being adressed. The front office couldnt build a team around the GOAT so what makes people think Luck will get us a SB in the future. Nothing will change untill Pollian and the coaching staff are gone. Luck will never be near what PM has been and still will be.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that idea but the problem is still not being adressed. The front office couldnt build a team around the GOAT so what makes people think Luck will get us a SB in the future. Nothing will change untill Pollian and the coaching staff are gone. Luck will never be near what PM has been and still will be.

Exactly

Andrew Luck isn't the answer. He could be part of the answer, but he isn't the answer on his own. Mario Andretti and Richard Petty could both drive a wrecked car, but it is still a wrecked car.

I am willing to bet Vegas doesn't agree and neither does most folk who follow the NFL. There is no team in the NFL right now considered a stronger bet to make it to Indy in Feb then the Packers.

Who cares what a bunch of stupid gamblers think. The Packers are overated and Aaron Rodgers numbers are way over inflated. The Packers give him time to throw and they are the best play action team in the NFL. Not to mention he's got a top 3 WR corps, maybe the best in the NFL right now.

1. Aaron Rogers - Best QB in the game today

2. Sue (defensive player from Lions) - is a game changer, and young

3. Tom Brady - Showed last night can do alot with not much

4. Calvin Johnson - Can score at will and is young

5. Frank Gore - Runs and catches

6. Drew Brees - maybe 2nd best QB playing today

7. Clay Mathews - domintates and dictates how offense have to play

8. Ben Rothensberg - Big mobil and nows how to win

9. Andre Johnson - Probably best overall best WR in game

10. D. Revis - Can make offense inept

If I could take any player to start my team I would pick any of these 10 before I take Manning at this point. Not based off of his overall career, but at this point even if Manning is 100%. Peyton Manning is not young and will not improve over the coming seasons. Manning is a great QB, but again if you had the first pick of any player in teh league to build your new frachise around I don't see how you would take Peyton over these 10.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! clay matthews ? even the cornerback woodson is better then him.. big ben? even more ridiculous .defense saves him and hes not consistent except maybe the last 2 games , plus he played in a division before this year had the browns and bengals , which clearly were easy to beat. he almost lost to the worst team in the league this year hahahaha... darelle revis..? 4 interceptions and what else? how about 45 comeback victorys? i THINK NOT! hahahahaa....the list goes on and on..buddy the only reasonable picks u had were tom brady and aaron rodgers....u obviously do not know football my friend ..but thanks!!! you remind me of my friend who thinks josh freeman is the greatest qb of all time....this was a wondeful laugh and lightened up my day...why dont u add peter pan to ur list while your at it? hahahaha haha

Who cares what a bunch of stupid gamblers think. The Packers are overated and Aaron Rodgers numbers are way over inflated. The Packers give him time to throw and they are the best play action team in the NFL. Not to mention he's got a top 3 WR corps, maybe the best in the NFL right now.

You mean the same sort of stuff Manning's had most of his career? You could not have made a very bad argument in a more ridiculous manner if you tried it a million times.

You mean the same sort of stuff Manning's had most of his career? You could not have made a very bad argument in a more ridiculous manner if you tried it a million times.

Hmmm Mr. Clueless, lets see Aaron Rodgers put up Peyton Manning numbers with zero run game and non offensive line protection. Yeah, I thought so.

Hmmm Mr. Clueless, lets see Aaron Rodgers put up Peyton Manning numbers with zero run game and non offensive line protection. Yeah, I thought so.

My how quickly everyone has forgotten the amazing supporting cast Peyton had when he was setting records. Prime Marv. Prime Edge. Young Wayne. A Solid OL. So Im not really sure what you point is with Peyton not having any help. Maybe not in the recent few years, but early on, he was surrounded with love.

Rodgers had arguably one of the worst lines in the NFL last year. They were 24th in rushing last year. And had a 3.8 ypc. He's been sacked 23 times this season, and was sacked 31, 50 (lead lg), and 34....For reference Painter has been sacked 14 times this year. 5 for Collins. 2 Orlovsky (21 total for the Colts this year). And the last three years Peyton was sacked 16, 10 and 14 times. So whats your point again about the OL?

You need to accept the Rodgers is good. He's really, really good. Early Peyton Manning good. And for you to not see that is just criminal. He may not be better than what Manning was, but he's in the conversation.

Have you been a Colts fan for only a year? Sounds like it. Do some research if you don't know what you are talking about, please.

Mr Clueless. Very funny that.

Exactly

Andrew Luck isn't the answer. He could be part of the answer, but he isn't the answer on his own. Mario Andretti and Richard Petty could both drive a wrecked car, but it is still a wrecked car.

Amen.

I am willing to bet Vegas doesn't agree and neither does most folk who follow the NFL. There is no team in the NFL right now considered a stronger bet to make it to Indy in Feb then the Packers.

The Colts were the Vegas favorites last year. (Packers won)

The Steelers were the Vegas favorites the year before. (Saints won)

The Patriots were the Vegas favorites in 2008. (Steelers won)

The Colts were the Vegas favorites in 2007. (Giants won)

The Steelers were the Vegas favorites in 2006. (Colts won)

How often is Vegas correct again? Yeah...I thought so.

Amen.

The Colts were the Vegas favorites last year. (Packers won)

The Steelers were the Vegas favorites the year before. (Saints won)

The Patriots were the Vegas favorites in 2008. (Steelers won)

The Colts were the Vegas favorites in 2007. (Giants won)

The Steelers were the Vegas favorites in 2006. (Colts won)

How often is Vegas correct again? Yeah...I thought so.

The most likely to win still doesn't have a great shot when placed against the field. Vegas does a good job. The house wins in the long run. You have to stop using exceptions to prove rules or stop talking about probability.

My how quickly everyone has forgotten the amazing supporting cast Peyton had when he was setting records. Prime Marv. Prime Edge. Young Wayne. A Solid OL. So Im not really sure what you point is with Peyton not having any help. Maybe not in the recent few years, but early on, he was surrounded with love.

Rodgers had arguably one of the worst lines in the NFL last year. They were 24th in rushing last year. And had a 3.8 ypc. He's been sacked 23 times this season, and was sacked 31, 50 (lead lg), and 34....For reference Painter has been sacked 14 times this year. 5 for Collins. 2 Orlovsky (21 total for the Colts this year). And the last three years Peyton was sacked 16, 10 and 14 times. So whats your point again about the OL?

You need to accept the Rodgers is good. He's really, really good. Early Peyton Manning good. And for you to not see that is just criminal. He may not be better than what Manning was, but he's in the conversation.

I never said Manning never had a good supporting cast on offense, in fact he had a great O-line and WR corps along with a great runningback... but not anymore. You have got to be one of the most naive people I have ever met on here.

Yeah and Aaron Rodgers wasn't good last year until the playoffs when his O-line became very good at run blocking and pass protecting. Quit arguing you have no idea what you are talking about...

:facepalm: ... The people that come on this forum who act like they not what they are talking about...

You have got to be one of the most naive people I have ever met on here.

Yeah and Aaron Rodgers wasn't good last year until the playoffs when his O-line became very good at run blocking and pass protecting. Quit arguing you have no idea what you are talking about...

:facepalm: ... The people that come on this forum who act like they not what they are talking about...

Aaron Rodgers wasn't any good last year until the playoffs?!?? 3900+yds 32 TDs 11ints and a QB rating of 101.2 And he wasn't any good? Aaron Rodgers first 3 years starting is comparable to any QB's 3 year period. Including Peytons. His accomplishments may not surpass, but they are neck and neck. Here's the proof:

Ages 25,26,27

Rodgers: 1003 Comp, 12394yds, 86TDs, 31 Ints, 64.6 Comp%, 99.4 QBR - Rushing 926 yds 13TDs

Manning: 1114 Comp, 12598yds, 86TDs, 57 Ints, 65.3 Comp%, 90.6 QBR- Rushing 331yds 6TDs

And yet you have the audacity to call me naive?! Pot meet Kettle.