Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is It Just Me? Not Feeling So Bad About Our Team Going Into Next Year.

mightisright

Okay, so I have no illusions about our season being lost . But I feel like we have the core of a good football team. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like if we had a decent QB we'd be having a decent season. The last few weeks, our special teams play has gotten better. Our Defense has improved a TON over the season. I feel like going forward, we just need:

1. Good QB

2. Offensive line to get some more experience

3. A good shutdown corner and another good safety

4. One more good linebacker

5. A NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND NEW DEFENSIVE SCHEME

and we'll be good to go, back in the hunt next year.

Okay, so I have no illusions about our season being lost . But I feel like we have the core of a good football team. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like if we had a decent QB we'd be having a decent season. The last few weeks, our special teams play has gotten better. Our Defense has improved a TON over the season. I feel like going forward, we just need:

1. Good QB

6. a new HC and STC

7. LESS UDFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree man, I would like to see Luck learning behind manning next year. Let's get this ball rolling, I am ready for Madden 13! lol

How much has Painter learned from Manning? Manning will not teach his replacement how to play the QB position. Manning plays to win football games, and prepares to win. He takes every snap in practice, so to think that Manning will groom the next Colts quarterback is unrealistic.

I hate to break it to you but the core of this football team is old. By next year they will all have lost another step as they continue to age. I'm talking about core guys like Freeney, Mathis, Saturday, Wayne, and Manning that have brought us success. Due to Lord Polian's bad drafting we don't have young guys in place to replace these guys. I have no doubt that if Manning comes back 100% next year we will be in the hunt for a playoff birth but we will never again seriously compete for a Super Bowl while Manning is here. This team has too many problems.

Don't leave me hangin, man! Tell me WHY it's just me.

This team has more holes than Swiss cheese. Even if we draft well they are still gonna be rookies. Even if we get active in free agency it's gonna take time for the team to gel. I suspect there will be a lot of new names on the field next season.

How much has Painter learned from Manning? Manning will not teach his replacement how to play the QB position. Manning plays to win football games, and prepares to win. He takes every snap in practice, so to think that Manning will groom the next Colts quarterback is unrealistic.

THANK YOU flash777! I don't know why everybody thinks Luck is gonna like holding a clipboard, or Manning is gonna want to teach him a darn thing! He spends his entire day 24/7 thinking up stuff to help him win and expects his backups to spend their days looking at film and stats and HELP HIM think of ways to win. Why would he want to spend his time mentoring or grooming some guy snapping at his heels? I don't get it......

1. Good QB

I would say you are teatering on dillusional. Your statement that the defense has improved a ton over the past few games brings pause in taking your post serious. Did you watch the game against the Falcons or the game today? The only threat the Jags have is running the ball and MJD goes for 135 yards today. Atlanta blew us away. I suppose if you're using the Saints game as a benchmark, then this statement is true. Reggie Wayne is our only decent receiver and he's old. Our DE's are aging as well. The secondary is young, may show some promise, but they get burned every week. LB's are solid. Offensive line is a disaster and we have no qb. How this equates into being optimistic about next year is beyond me. The jury is in.............you're dilusional!!!!

I would say you are teatering on dillusional. Your statement that the defense has improved a ton over the past few games brings pause in taking your post serious. Did you watch the game against the Falcons or the game today? The only threat the Jags have is running the ball and MJD goes for 135 yards today. Atlanta blew us away. I suppose if you're using the Saints game as a benchmark, then this statement is true. Reggie Wayne is our only decent receiver and he's old. Our DE's are aging as well. The secondary is young, may show some promise, but they get burned every week. LB's are solid. Offensive line is a disaster and we have no qb. How this equates into being optimistic about next year is beyond me. The jury is in.............you're dilusional!!!!

I agree some of our best talent is aging, but we've got some good guys coming up the pipe that I believe will mostly step in just fine. Examples:

1. Delone Carter

2. Angerer

3. Conner

4. Thomas

5. Nevis

6. Castonzo

And yeah, I guess I was using the loss from up 17 to the Chiefs and then the New Orleans game as my baseline! We have a LOT of young guys on O-line, D-line and Defensive secondary and it looks to me like the defense is getting better.

This team is 2 years away from anything quality, and thats if we hit on everything.

I disagree with you. The Colts were a playoff team last year with no running attack and a banged up receiving corp. The might have taken a step back at secondary, but they are a better running team. If Manning were playing, I would expect them to be a playoff team this year, and next year as well.

I disagree with you. The Colts were a playoff team last year with no running attack and a banged up receiving corp. The might have taken a step back at secondary, but they are a better running team. If Manning were playing, I would expect them to be a playoff team this year, and next year as well.

We are a better running team because teams are daring us to throw the ball and selling out on run defense. Other teams know are running game is not going to beat anyone.

If Manning were playing. If we had (insert excuse). If If If.

If Manning comes back, he's a band aid over a gaping wound. We have zero identity. Once our identity is found, hopefully soon, we can then start building around that. This is a 2 year fix, minimum.

We are a better running team because teams are daring us to throw the ball and selling out on run defense. Other teams know are running game is not going to beat anyone.

I'm sorry that makes no sense to me. Let me get this straight: Other teams know we can't throw and are covering the run. But we are still running the ball effectively when we're not behind 14 points. So how does that not just prove his point that our Running game has improved?

This year 984 rush yards thru the first 10 games.

Last year 885 rush yard thru the first 10 games.

Are we rushing THAT much better than last year?

Considering how many games we've been down by 10-14 points and running the ball wasn't a good option, I'd say we are rushing THAT much better than last year!

I'm sorry that makes no sense to me. Let me get this straight: Other teams know we can't throw and are covering the run. But we are still running the ball effectively when we're not behind 14 points. So how does that not just prove his point that our Running game has improved?

We are not running effectively. Other teams are not covering the run and wanting us to throw so they can sack Painter or have him throw an interception. The offense is not doing anything well.

Considering how many games we've been down by 10-14 points and running the ball wasn't a good option, I'd say we are rushing THAT much better than last year!

243 Rush Attempts thru 10 games last year.

201 Rush attempts thru 10 games this year.

Or 4.2 less attempts per game this year.

And our 984 this year includes Painters fluke 80yds

Even if we got Peyton back, that would be great, and we would be back in the playoffs, but we also got like you said a more experienced line, a better defense and some young prospects. The future is bright, and that's what I'm looking towards. I'm ticked about how we're doing this year, but I know that the Colts are going to return to the top of the AFC Standings soon