Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calm Down, We are Fine

wallieump99

Folks - you really need to quit freaking out about moves the rest of the league is making. This is our bread & butter; letting everyone else spend tons of money going after big name, washed-up free agents that don't end up producing.

The Patriots

Albert Haynesworth & Chad Johnson will be TOXIC to the already disrupted Patriots team culture. Those two are "superstars" who cause major issues in the locker room. Why do you think they were traded for such a low price. The Patriots are not building a team from the ground up, but playing "Madden" and trading for all their "issues". That works in a video games, but it will crash & burn in the real world.

Clint Sessions

Yes, this is a lost - but there's no way the Colts should have (or would have) spent $30 million over 5 years on a linebacker that played great when he was healthy, but was hurt often. We've got some decent players to step up into this position and there will be plenty of mid-level tier free agents remaining should we need some depth.

So sit down and calm down - we'll be fine.

The Patriots

Albert Haynesworth & Chad Johnson will be TOXIC to the already disrupted Patriots team culture. Those two are "superstars" who cause major issues in the locker room. Why do you think they were traded for such a low price. The Patriots are not building a team from the ground up, but playing "Madden" and trading for all their "issues". That works in a video games, but it will crash & burn in the real world.

:rolleyes2:

Yeah, Billichick is going to bring players into his lockerroom that is going to derail his team... I mean, Billichick is a guy who has no control over his team, right? Yeah. Total anarchy in the Pats lockerroom. Billichick couldn't competently run a pre-school class. And Tom Brady? Well he's like the Heath Ledger Joker incarnate in that lockerroom. When Chad comes in he's simply going to egg him on and persuade him to cause issues...

I mean, it all started when they brought Randy Moss in. That was the day the anarchy began. Moss came in and just tore that team up. He didn't set the single season record for TD receptions and help carry that team to a nearly perfect season, a season that was ended by a miracle play that if you ran again from now until the end of time wouldn't happen again. Had Brady not gone down the next season they didn't have a shot at repeating, did they? Not even...

I mean, yeah... It just makes sense. Billichick can't control his team, and Chad is going to come in and destroy it because he likes missing the playoffs and he wants to keep that streak alive now that he's playing on one of the best teams in the league.

That is a TOTALLY logical assessment.

Just like it was when they brought in Moss, and only be miracle did it not end with at least one ring, and potentially two.

The main thing is that Colts fans realise we have limited time here. We will never get a better opportunity to win the Lombardi again than in the next 3,4, maybe 5 years with Manning at the helm. And it is incredibly frustrating because we can all see, a couple good signings on the defence (heck they don't even need to be the best in FA) and we are right back into Super Bowl contention.

However, this off-season not only have we not gone out to get those couple signings needed (i'm looking at you Mebane & resigning Session)but we have seen every contender in our own division and our main rivals overall (Patriots & Jets) strengthen. Sanchez publically came out stating he was willing to restructure his contract to get his team over the line - and i believe they will sign Aso. Where's Peyton in all this? Why has he not been signed up yet? The management has had almost 6 months to figure out how to do it. Oh, and i believe i remember seeing Irsay say he'd make a splash in free agency. Did he mean Nate Davis?

NOTE: Don't tell me we are over the cap so cannot sign anyone in free-agency. Management are paid to work out how to free cash. Look at New York.

OchoCinco is not disastrous in the locker room. He was completely different then Randy in that regard, his antics where in the name of fun not in the name of I better get the ball and shame on you for not throwing it to me.

Billy boy will get both of those guys under control. Will it be as bad as some are thinking there? no. I think however they will be better there then you are thinking TS.

The main thing is that Colts fans realise we have limited time here. We will never get a better opportunity to win the Lombardi again than in the next 3,4, maybe 5 years with Manning at the helm. And it is incredibly frustrating because we can all see, a couple good signings on the defence (heck they don't even need to be the best in FA) and we are right back into Super Bowl contention.

However, this off-season not only have we not gone out to get those couple signings needed (i'm looking at you Mebane & resigning Session)but we have seen every contender in our own division and our main rivals overall (Patriots & Jets) strengthen. Sanchez publically came out stating he was willing to restructure his contract to get his team over the line - and i believe they will sign Aso. Where's Peyton in all this? Why has he not been signed up yet? The management has had almost 6 months to figure out how to do it. Oh, and i believe i remember seeing Irsay say he'd make a splash in free agency. Did he mean Nate Davis?

NOTE: Don't tell me we are over the cap so cannot sign anyone in free-agency. Management are paid to work out how to free cash. Look at New York.

Hard to argue with an intelligent post.

But of course someone will. You'll just be called a spoiled fan who thinks the sky is falling.

I agree with the OP.... If the Colts can stay somewhat healthier than last year a 11, 12, 13 win season is very reachable. That should win the division easily since Houson, Tenn and Jacksonville have to play the Steelers, Ravens and Browns too. Last year was unbelievable with all the injuries and still making the playoffs.

Resign Bullitt and move Anger up to starter and the defense is pretty much in place.

With the draft picks at offensive line this year should help the running game to set up play action pass which we didn't have the last few years.

Signing a Moss, Asomugha, Holmes or TO for that matter will only hurt the cap room. Yes a Asomuhga would be nice but in reality he is not needed for that much money he is demanding.

Yes we haven't won the big game in a few years but we make the palyoffs every year, which gives us a chance. So I think the Colts know what they are doing.

Remember everyone else is trying to win too. The Lions, Bengals or Rams fans can't say that.

I agree with the OP.... If the Colts can stay somewhat healthier than last year a 11, 12, 13 win season is very reachable. That should win the division easily since Houson, Tenn and Jacksonville have to play the Steelers, Ravens and Browns too. Last year was unbelievable with all the injuries and still making the playoffs.

Resign Bullitt and move Anger up to starter and the defense is pretty much in place.

With the draft picks at offensive line this year should help the running game to set up play action pass which we didn't have the last few years.

Signing a Moss, Asomugha, Holmes or TO for that matter will only hurt the cap room. Yes a Asomuhga would be nice but in reality he is not needed for that much money he is demanding.

Yes we haven't won the big game in a few years but we make the palyoffs every year, which gives us a chance. So I think the Colts know what they are doing.

Remember everyone else is trying to win too. The Lions, Bengals or Rams fans can't say that.

So we should continue down this path of failure becuase it worked once in the past 12 years?

Folks - you really need to quit freaking out about moves the rest of the league is making. This is our bread & butter; letting everyone else spend tons of money going after big name, washed-up free agents that don't end up producing.

The Patriots

Clint Sessions

Yes, this is a lost - but there's no way the Colts should have (or would have) spent $30 million over 5 years on a linebacker that played great when he was healthy, but was hurt often. We've got some decent players to step up into this position and there will be plenty of mid-level tier free agents remaining should we need some depth.

So sit down and calm down - we'll be fine.

its amazing how you can make that assumption, when BB has proven to take trouble makers and make them prodcue

I.E Randy Moss 3 out of 4 years were perfect as a Pat. The reason why he can transform them is because the patriots have discipline and a winning atmosphere, that can motivate a once dominant Albert Hanesworth and Clown Chad Johnson

Lets make a friendly wager - Hanesworth has 5+ Sacks, Chad Johnson has 1200 yds and 8 td

Randy Moss

2007 - 81 Receptions - 1493 yds - 23 TDS

2008 - 69 Receptions - 1008 yds - 11 TDS

2009 - 83 Receptions - 1264 yds - 13 TDS

2010 - WAS TRADED

Great post because I agree with everything you say. We do have a very limited time. We need to get Moss.

I think most Colts fans are frustrated because the deficiencies are brought up every year and the team never seems to do anything about it. We can stop the run every year and we put the same players out there year after year and hope for a different result. We get our hopes up every year that we'll sign some much needed help and then we never get it.

I think most Colts fans are frustrated because the deficiencies are brought up every year and the team never seems to do anything about it. We can stop the run every year and we put the same players out there year after year and hope for a different result. We get our hopes up every year that we'll sign some much needed help and then we never get it.

i wish u could post what you just said on every nieve colts fans page that is happy with our DT'S...But AMEN to what you said :applause::applause:

I'll take the chance of winning a Super bowl every year than watching every year than a Lions, Browns or Rams fan...

wouldn't you?

That's the right attitude! Instead of fixing decade long problems, let's just be thankful we aren't the lions,browns or rams. That's the way to be! I don't need to fix my flat tire on my Lexus because it could be a Pinto! Brilliant!

Btw the Rams, won and lost just as many SB as we did in the 2000s.

That's the right attitude! Instead of fixing decade long problems, let's just be thankful we aren't the lions,browns or rams. That's the way to be! I don't need to fix my flat tire on my Lexus because it could be a Pinto! Brilliant!

DONT YOU BRING THAT RATIONAL LOGIC UP IN HERE!

We're just spoiled fans, by golly!

I could have not said it any better all my friends are either Pat fans or Steeler fans and they even know we are not going to do anything.I could just

get sick to my stomach every time i see another move made by our competitors.

Hidden

I could have not said it any better all my friends are either Pat fans or Steeler fans and they even know we are not going to do anything.I could just

get sick to my stomach every time i see another move made by our competitors.

Wow! Logic. Thats a concept many Colts fans don't get. "Trust in Bill"(even though he does nothing to fix the same problems yr. in and yr. out). "As long as 18 is here thats all we need"(even though 18 can not and will not continue to save our butts every yr. espesially now thats he getiing older). "But hey! at least we have made the playoffs every yr. unlike a lot of other teams".(I always thought the goal was to bring home the Lombardi instead of hanging another division banner from the rafters.) One poster put it best in an earlier post,"the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Truer words can't be spoken about this team.

Wow! Logic. Thats a concept many Colts fans don't get. "Trust in Bill"(even though he does nothing to fix the same problems yr. in and yr. out). "As long as 18 is here thats all we need"(even though 18 can not and will not continue to save our butts every yr. espesially now thats he getiing older). "But hey! at least we have made the playoffs every yr. unlike a lot of other teams".(I always thought the goal was to bring home the Lombardi instead of hanging another division banner from the rafters.) One poster put it best in an earlier post,"the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Truer words can't be spoken about this team.

Nobody undestand......

1st goal win the division

2nd goal make the playoffs

3rd and final goal win the super Bowl

Every team starts with these 3 goals

Yes the Colts came up short on the last goal many years but I don't want a fire sale and sign every tom, dick and harry thinking thats going get me goal #3. Because thats not the answer.

Nobody undestand......

1st goal win the division

2nd goal make the playoffs

3rd and final goal win the super Bowl

Every team starts with these 3 goals

Yes the Colts came up short on the last goal many years but I don't want a fire sale and sign every tom, dick and harry thinking thats going get me goal #3. Because thats not the answer.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any logical Colts fan that would want a to do a "fire sale and sign every tom, dick and harry". What many Colts fans would like to see is a resolution to the on going consistant problems on the O-line and DT posistion. I honestly believe that is all any logical Colts fan really wants to see. I know there are fans out there that brings up every available FA even when it makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Those are the type of fans that really don't follow the game very closely and just wants the team to make a splash in the media. It is Polians incessant insistance that we can get by with lesser talent players at the afore mentioned posistions that drive me and others insane. Proven time and time again that we need better talent but never doing anything to correct it.

Clint is really a big loss, he's a driving tackler and a playmaker but we lost a good player at a position where there are reasonable replacements available (I love Conner and Hagler is a big overperformer when healthy). IMO Joe is the only possible loss that would significantly hurt us. We will be okay if we are healthier is year than last.