Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 04/17 "NFL Draft"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   According to the media - NFL teams really didn't see any benefit from pushing the draft back in to the first week of May.  Yet the NFL indicates it may push it back further in to May - in order to land it it television "sweeps week".

"My humble assumption" that this is a "play" by the league office to pump up revenue from the televising of the NFL Draft on the NFL Network - and - ESPN.

:blueshoe:   Do YOU think the league should:

A.  Move the draft back to it's original time in April

B.  Keep its current timeframe in May

C.  Push it back farther in to May

D.  Another option - please specify

"A" is the answer everyone wants.

Everyone,  except those that run the NFL.

So,  it will stay in May where the NFL can now charge more for ratings because it's during a sweeps month.

This year got great ratings.   The NFL will say it's because they pushed it back.    Nonsense.

They got great ratings because there were marquee players that the even the casual fan was interested in....

-- Manziel

-- Clowney

Players like that draw eyeballs.    It did not draw more viewers because it was held in May.

I watch it every year, have for as long as I can recall, but the date had no impact on my ability to watch or enjoy it, so I don't care.

To TBBZ's point above, though... it would seem like the rookies are most affected by the date. Perhaps they should be polled.