Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***Official 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***

Indianapolis Colts 2014 NFL Draft  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Colts Trade Their Draft Picks During The 2014 NFL Draft?

no but as i said if we do get him i hope your right all i care about is that my colts improve and fill our needs

I'm confident about him. The guy makes plays all over the field (INTS, FORCING FUMBLES, BLOCKING KICKS) . He's AWESOME at stripping the ball!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you! I'll vomit blue blood, if we do.

Grigs isn't that dumb can't be could see him slipping Lamarcus Joyner in there I am good with that our own pocket Hercules. It will be interesting things are set up pretty good for us to wheel and deal get done what we need to get done.

I would love to SLIGTHY trade back from 59 (pick-up a couple of more picks) , but SCARED TO DEATH of losing jackson.

Not a single G off the board still a lot of big names on D left. I knew Bucannon would come off 3rd AZ has a very good back end they must miss Toler

I'm very sad Ward and Smith got taken:/ BUT! I jumped up and yelled and ran a lap around my house in joy when Minnesota took Teddy! Today was a great day!

Ponder was the craziest he was not that good in college now Bridge puts a smile on my face lots of Minnesota transplants up here.

Not a single G off the board still a lot of big names on D left. I knew Bucannon would come off 3rd AZ has a very good back end they must miss Toler

Yeah, OG is just not a glamorous position, neither is Center.  Arizona is fine with playing 3 safety looks with the Honey Badger doing well in a joker role.

OG, C, DL, WR will all have good values in rounds 2 and 3 tomorrow (oh well, it is today, midnight is here already :))

Yeah, OG is just not a glamorous position, neither is Center.  Arizona is fine with playing 3 safety looks with the Honey Badger doing well in a joker role.

OG, C, DL, WR will all have good values in rounds 2 and 3 tomorrow (oh well, it is today, midnight is here already :))

only 8pm here

yes but you don't waste picks either

Thats not wasting a pick. If its a reciever that can come in and contribute and be future #1 or 2 then Its worth it. Rodgers is no guarantee and Wayne has 2 years at most. Plus we still are not positive what we will get from Nix, so there is still some questions there long for now and long term. So I highly doubt it would be a waste. Plus how can you say that now before the player has even had a chance to prove himself. And Grigs and his stsf know tons more on any of these playees than any of us. So Ill leave my trust to them. Not that they are perfecrt at all, but who is? Its part of the buisness.

Brooks won't be available with our pick but there are still some players on my board that has late 1st early 2nd round grades that could be available.

1. Gabe Jackson G
2. Louis Nix NT
3. Jeremiah Attaochu OLB
4. Jordan Matthews WR
5. Carl Bradford OLB
6. David Yankey G

Ed Reynolds and Dion Bailey would be good options in the 3rd, both are good cover safeties.

I really didn't see ward going to the 9ers.. Or buccanon to the cards for that matter; thanks Arians! Regardless, I really want Joyner or gabe Jackson now. Would be happy with jean-baptiste too!

Arians says thank you still no one on this board gets that Bucannon is a baller

OG or C seems like a high probability right now. There are about 6 OG/Cs who are still on the board that I don't think would be too bad if we got them. I think my "fun" picks I'm still kind of hoping for are Terrance Brooks or Stanley Jean-Baptiste, but with the rate safeties and CBs went in the first round, I'm not crossing my fingers.

Some other positions that don't really seem like top needs, but seem like there is likely to be some good talent left are WR, RB, and ILB. Going to be an interesting draft. Maybe not exciting but interesting for sure.

OG or C seems like a high probability right now. There are about 6 OG/Cs who are still on the board that I don't think would be too bad if we got them. I think my "fun" picks I'm still kind of hoping for are Terrance Brooks or Stanley Jean-Baptiste, but with the rate safeties and CBs went in the first round, I'm not crossing my fingers.

Some other positions that don't really seem like top needs, but seem like there is likely to be some good talent left are WR, RB, and ILB. Going to be an interesting draft. Maybe not exciting but interesting for sure.

by fun I hope you mean ha ha I guess SJB wouldn't be bad in the 4th but he will go way to high because of the new big CB trend for one year.....After Grigs gets us a 4th

ColoradoState_logo.gif Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 300. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.19. 
Projected Round (2014): 1-2. 

5/7/14: Richburg has a lot of fans in the scouting community and played well as a senior. The Rams averaged 461 yards per game during the 2013 regular season. He led a line that allowed only 20 sacks and averaged 200 yards rushing per game. Richburg had an impressive outing against Boise State, but didn't have his best showing in his bowl game against Washington State. 

Richburg bounced back and played well in the Senior Bowl. He showed a nice combination of strength, athleticism, quickness and balance. Richburg has some teams considering him as an option for a late first-round pick. He had a good performance at the Combine and solidified his standing as the top center. Sources have said they don't expect Richburg to last past the middle of the second round.  pick 59

ColoradoState_logo.gif Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State 

5/7/14: Richburg has a lot of fans in the scouting community and played well as a senior. The Rams averaged 461 yards per game during the 2013 regular season. He led a line that allowed only 20 sacks and averaged 200 yards rushing per game. Richburg had an impressive outing against Boise State, but didn't have his best showing in his bowl game against Washington State. 

Richburg bounced back and played well in the Senior Bowl. He showed a nice combination of strength, athleticism, quickness and balance. Richburg has some teams considering him as an option for a late first-round pick. He had a good performance at the Combine and solidified his standing as the top center. Sources have said they don't expect Richburg to last past the middle of the second round.  pick 59

I hope whoever we trade 59 to enjoys their rookie Center I am anxious to see who Grigs pairs with Jackson with the other pick we get from them maybe an OT since the Clown is in Houston?

WR Jordan Matthews would be a good pick up for the second round!

Then maybe an O-Lineman

Theennn since all of the projected high safety's are pretty much gone let's go find a diamond in the rough... Dowling or Kenny Ladler possibly!?

Colts have some big holes let's get them fixed in win now mode

I hope whoever we trade 59 to enjoys their rookie Center I am anxious to see who Grigs pairs with Jackson with the other pick we get from them maybe an OT since the Clown is in Houston?

I would be thrilled to get jackson, mewhort or bitonio at 59, if we decide to stay put. ALL THREE ARE SOLID, with both mewhort and bitonio being able to play across the line. We're going to get a solid prospect!

Hoping we trade back our third and pick up a 4 and a 5.

Then maybe an O-Lineman

Theennn since all of the projected high safety's are pretty much gone let's go find a diamond in the rough... Dowling or Kenny Ladler possibly!?

I'm the biggest DOWLING fan on this board. Whatever you want to know about him, i can tell.

Then maybe an O-Lineman

we have  5 good wr's  , 2 great te;s  3 great  rb's  ,, we suck is o'line mainly at center . then defense safety pick need only 5 picks

Brooks won't be available with our pick but there are still some players on my board that has late 1st early 2nd round grades that could be available.

1. Gabe Jackson G
2. Louis Nix NT
3. Jeremiah Attaochu OLB
4. Jordan Matthews WR
5. Carl Bradford OLB
6. David Yankey G

Ed Reynolds and Dion Bailey would be good options in the 3rd, both are good cover safeties.

I like players 1, 2, 3, and 4 on your board.

Players 5 and 6 are 3rd or 4th round guys, IMO.     I don't see any websites that forecast them any higher.

I'm the biggest DOWLING fan on this board. Whatever you want to know about him, i can tell.

Right.

Except for the part where he has a 10 cent head and a terrible attitude.

His bio reports make him out to be the anti-Colt.    One of the least sounding Colt-type of players I can ever recall.

Right.

Except for the part where he has a 10 cent head and a terrible attitude.

His bio reports make him out to be the anti-Colt.    One of the least sounding Colt-type of players I can ever recall.

He's basically a defensive Da' Rick Rogers (whom we've molded into a productive player) . If any team/organization can get Johnathan going in the right direction...it's us. He'll be a Colt on day 3.

Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State 

Richburg bounced back and played well in the Senior Bowl. He showed a nice combination of strength, athleticism, quickness and balance. Richburg has some teams considering him as an option for a late first-round pick. He had a good performance at the Combine and solidified his standing as the top center. Sources have said they don't expect Richburg to last past the middle of the second round. 

why not draft him in second ?

way draft is going he be their at 59 ,    pick

Khaled Holmes, C, USC 

Height: 6-3. Weight: 302. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.58. 
Projected Round (2013): 4-6.

he prone too fumbles and sacks thats why was a late round pick.

I'm very sad Ward and Smith got taken:/ BUT! I jumped up and yelled and ran a lap around my house in joy when Minnesota took Teddy! Today was a great day!

Most Vikings fans including myself are very pleased tonight. We got a linebacker that we need and got the quarterback we wanted. Bridgewater has all the attributes that I want to see in a quarterback. I will sleep well tonight.

Most Vikings fans including myself are very pleased tonight. We got a linebacker that we need and got the quarterback we wanted. Bridgewater has all the attributes that I want to see in a quarterback. I will sleep well tonight.

god for you . wish we get a top center in second round .  we don,t need wr's  te's, rb's  all good. safety all gone . bye time 59 around all cb be gone . have great chance at a top center. 

Does he sleep on his back or on his side? Does he finish his fries before he finishes his burger, or does he save some for after? Playstation or XBOX? 

god for you . wish we get a top center in second round .  we don,t need wr's  te's, rb's  all good. safety all gone . bye time 59 around all cb be gone . have great chance at a top center. 

The Colt's center this season is already on the team.   His name is Khalid Holmes.

There will still be good corners available at 59....   and some will be available in the 3rd round.

There are also good guards to be had in the 2nd and 3rd round.

There may be a good edge rusher or two at 59....   and perhaps others into the 3rd round as well.

But if Grigson goes with BPA,  there's no telling which position he'll take.

Oh good lord. Lots of people on this board like Bucannon. 

I realize that Gabriel I think that is his name and I had an one going banter about it. I am not trying to play boy genius easy there boy wonder. Everyone who watched football or even a draft special knew about Bucannon and a lot of people had him going first day.

I realize that Gabriel I think that is his name and I had an one going banter about it. I am not trying to play boy genius easy there boy wonder. Everyone who watched football or even a draft special knew about Bucannon and a lot of people had him going first day.

You just posted that "no one on this board realizes Bucannon is a baller."