Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***Official 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***

Indianapolis Colts 2014 NFL Draft  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Colts Trade Their Draft Picks During The 2014 NFL Draft?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you had me until you said PS3. If the guy hasn't upgraded to a next generation console yet, then I don't want him. 

... and you want to be my latex salesman...

Nah, the last generation of PS3'S will still be better than PS4'S buggy first generation.

LOL

On a scale from 1-1,000,000, how important do you think your opinion is?

Oh!    My!    God!!!

Is THAT the loaded question of all loaded questions!!

I'm not sure 1,000,000 would cover it?     Is there a larger number than infinity?!?

Oh!    My!    God!!!

I'm not sure 1,000,000 would cover it?     Is there a larger number than infinity?!?

I figured we should cap it somewhere, but I wanted to give him a nice big range to feel comfortable with.

Oh!    My!    God!!!

This coming from a guy that takes on-line draft projections...a little too seriously.  You even questioned the dolphin's ENTIRE scouting department, just because they gave you a head scratcher. Can you say over inflated ego?

This coming from a guy that takes on-line draft projections...a little too seriously.  You even questioned the dolphin's ENTIRE scouting department, just because they gave you a head scratcher. Can you say over inflated ego?

Of course I never even mentioned the Dolphins scouting department.    So, swung on and missed -- again.

Just curious, but I responded to a thread about draft picks that we thought we poor.    I simply responded.    What did I do that was different than what anyone else who responded in the thread?

Why is my post worse than anyone's in that thread?

Of course I never even mentioned the Dolphins scouting department.    So, swung on and missed -- again.

Just curious, but I responded to a thread about draft picks that we thought we poor.    I simply responded.    What did I do that was different than what anyone else who responded in the thread?

Why is my post worse than anyone's in that thread?

That it was a real head scratcher/brain puzzler. Couldn't wrap your mind around it.  Are you really that surprised that an NFL team's big board looks quite different from on-line versions??? The colt's have names like MacDonald and Berhe on their board at safety. Doesn't mean we'll draft them though...just sayin'.

You just posted that "no one on this board realizes Bucannon is a baller." 

I apologize to all those who also said Bucannon was very underrated and his ball skills were being over looked and that they would not be surprised if he was the 3rd S off the board. I mean he finished first in every catagory for SS at the combine except one why wouldn't he go. I will choose my words more carefully next time. I am not trying to be the next Mel Kiper so if it came off that way.

Being drafted and performing are two different things we will see.

That it was a real head scratcher/brain puzzler. Couldn't wrap your mind around it.  Are you really that surprised that an NFL team's big board looks quite different from on-line versions??? The colt's have names like MacDonald and Berhe on their board at safety. Doesn't mean we'll draft them though...just sayin'.

Thanks for the response,  except you didn't answer any of my questions.

As for an NFL team's big board looking quite different from on-line versions....   as I told you in another post earlier today I've been saying that since I arrived here two years ago.     I've said it countless times.

I'm well aware that boards look different.    In fact, with 32 teams,  they all look completely different from each other.   And they look completely different from any list I make,  or any list anyone here makes.     I totally get that.

I just thought Miami made a mistake and Philly made a mistake.   Again, I didn't say anything that dozens of other fans here said about a variety of other players.    But my opinions make you froth at the mouth.     Like when you responded a short while ago with 10 or 12 emoticons to a post I made to someone else,  and not even you.     But you don't miss a chance to take your shots at me.   That's OK,  have fun with that......   

I hope you're not too disappointed Saturday when we don't take Dowling.    Could we?    Sure.    Is it likely?     No.

Either way.....   I hope you enjoy the next two days.....   this is where the plot thickens!!       :thmup:

Thanks for the response,  except you didn't answer any of my questions.

As for an NFL team's big board looking quite different from on-line versions....   as I told you in another post earlier today I've been saying that since I arrived here two years ago.     I've said it countless times.

I'm well aware that boards look different.    In fact, with 32 teams,  they all look completely different from each other.   And they look completely different from any list I make,  or any list anyone here makes.     I totally get that.

I just thought Miami made a mistake and Philly made a mistake.   Again, I didn't say anything that dozens of other fans here said about a variety of other players.    But my opinions make you froth at the mouth.     Like when you responded a short while ago with 10 or 12 emoticons to a post I made to someone else,  and not even you.     But you don't miss a chance to take your shots at me.   That's OK,  have fun with that......   

I hope you're not too disappointed Saturday when we don't take Dowling.    Could we?    Sure.    Is it likely?     No.

Either way.....   I hope you enjoy the next two days.....   this is where the plot thickens!!       :thmup:

Because it's how you reply to people that get under their skin (example: H.B.A.) . You attack them, just because they didn't mock players that fit into your own little system (whatever that is) .I predicted Larry Webster isn't drafted (small school, raw...no true position)...at all. But you stated there's no possible way that happens, because of his draft grade.

If we're smart, then we take Dowling.

Because it's how you reply to people that get under their skin (example: H.B.A.) . You attack them, just because they didn't mock players that fit into your own little system (whatever that is) .I predicted Larry Webster isn't drafted (small school, raw...no true position)...at all. But you stated there's no possible way that happens, because of his draft grade.

If we're smart, then we take Dowling.

In case you haven't noticed, a large number of posters here have issues with HBA,  not just me.    And I didn't attack him.   If anything it was the other way around.  

As for other posters here....   I try to explain to people why their ideas for a proposed trade or a draft will work,  or won't work.  And I try to explain based on the information that I've gathered.

Lots of people seem to appreciate it.     If you don't believe me,  visit my profile and see how many "likes" I have.

A number of people don't like it.    Again, I try to explain things to them.   If they don't like it,  I drop out of the conversation.  I'm not looking for a fight with anyone.    What people chose to do with the information I give them is strictly up to them.

As for Larry Webster....   I wasn't even responding to you.   I'm not even sure if I noticed what your view of him was.   I was responding to my friend, Gavin.   He offered up that he'd be willing to take him as a free agent, but wouldn't draft him.    That's who I was responding to.     And, as I said then,   when three top websites all see someone as roughly the same (5th) round, the odds are very high that that is the players approx grade.    And that he'll be drafted and not be signed as a free agent.    So, I try to explain why I have the views that I have.

My views are not based on watching hours of tape.   This is not my personal opinion.   I'm an information guy.   I'm sharing the information that three different websites all have.   Their views should be worth something.

I'm sorry, but it's been my observation that you love it if you throw out a name and I like the player.

But if you throw out a name and I don't like him (and I explain why)  then you take it personally.   You don't like it.   And I'm the bad guy here.     This has happened consistently with you and me since you arrived.    All I can do is share what I've read.    How you react is strictly up to you.....

Yippie!....Ward is unavailable.

No more smurfs for the secondary.....or the rest of the team for that matter.

I'd rather draft Jean-Bapiste at 59 and teach him to play FS.

5'11" is not a smurf. Also, No way should we use our 2nd round pick on a player who is already 24 only to try to teach him a new position...When he lacks top end speed especially

Watched most of the draft last night on NFLN.  

Mayock would just not shut up about Manziel.  It almost sounded like he was begging a team to pick him.  

Will he go to Dallas?? Gee they just spent 100 million dollars on Tony Romo so I'm gonna say no on that.

Then he's like will he go to the Eagles. . .  Yeah that's what you do when you have a QB throw like 27 TD's and 4 Int's . . . you draft another one in the first round just to shake things up.  What the heck.

I'm just glad the Browns got him so he would shut up about the whole thing.

5'11" is not a smurf. Also, No way should we use our 2nd round pick on a player who is already 24 only to try to teach him a new position...When he lacks top end speed especially

Yes...my statement was a bit extreme.

I guess it depends upon the definition of smurf.  Ward's skinnier than even Manziel.  Skinny is not what I want for a FS.  Apparently, neither does SF as many are saying that he will play nickel...at least at first.

I don't want Jean-Bapiste at 59, but I'd rather have him than a skinny DB there.

All of this college player analysis and mock drafting is is great...but...what I want at 59 is whoever will turn into a solid starter, or even a pro-bowler.  Not necessarily one player at a position of perceived need.

If there is talent at 59 that is head and shoulders above everybody else, that's who I would take....and nobody can tell if a player like that will fall to 59, until about pick 56 rolls around. 

Any position on defense can be improved.....and any position on offense except QB, TE, and OT, can be improved by selecting the most talented player at 59, IMO.

As far as what we should do with our picks I'm pretty stumped with where we should go with our first pick. It all depends on best availible player and after last night that could be pretty dang surprising.

Here are some hidden gems I think we could pick up and be really happy about, what do you guys think?

Brandon Dixon CB

This guy ran a 4.41 40 yard dash and at 5'11" 205 I can see him being a transitional player to Safety. He has good coverage skills and is a punishing tackler. I would like to see this go down maybe with our 5th or 6th pick.

Russell Bodine C

Bodine models his game after one of the greatest centers of all time, Jeff Saturday. He also came from his alma matter North Carolina. Bodine threw up 42 reps at the bench and had a 29" broud jump. Sizing up at 6'3" 310 I believe this guy can come in and compete for the starting job against Holmes and possiblely beat him out. He has an old school football mentality that would fit in well with our Colts demenor. I would say he is a solid 4th round pick, however we dont have one. I wouldnt want to wait til the 5th round for a chance that he might be there. Maybe we use our 2nd pick on him?

#coltstrong #bleedblue

His name is Khalid Holmes. has a history of fumbles and sacks. why do think grigs and rest would let him play . you need google his video.s watch him at center.  why think grigs lookiing at centers for such as goodwin even sign phil .  holmes has history.

Senior captain Khaled Holmes called the team together in the post-game locker room.  He apologized to his teammates for the two early miscues that put the Trojans in a hole.  He also thanked them for having his back and vowed that it would never happen again

Holmes Blunder Leads to Utes TD

He's basically a defensive Da' Rick Rogers (whom we've molded into a productive player) . If any team/organization can get Johnathan going in the right direction...it's us. He'll be a Colt on day 3.

However, the Colts did not feel Rogers was worth spending a draft pick on...not even the very last pick of the draft.  The only reason Rogers is a Colt is because he was cut by Buffalo.  If Dowling goes undrafted, then perhaps the Colts try to get him, but if the comparison to Rogers is true then I wouldn't expect to see the Colts spend a draft pick on him.

I apologize to all those who also said Bucannon was very underrated and his ball skills were being over looked and that they would not be surprised if he was the 3rd S off the board. I mean he finished first in every catagory for SS at the combine except one why wouldn't he go. I will choose my words more carefully next time. I am not trying to be the next Mel Kiper so if it came off that way.

Being drafted and performing are two different things we will see.

That's not at all what you said.

I'm just saying that plenty of people like Bucannon, not just a select few. Most of the blowback about drafting Bucannon had to do with him not being a premiere man defender, which our SS should be. That doesn't mean he won't be a good player.

Oh, and just for good measure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-Sn0PeKFo

What are you talking about that is not at all what I said?

I have liked Bucannon since day 1 said he would more than likely be the 3 S off the board he was. I took some heat on here people didn't like his ball skills 6 ints didn't necessarily mean he had good ball skills etc. I am not sure why you are all over me about this. What is the problem exactly?

I can't see whatever it is you posted for good measure at work and it is blocked.

What are you talking about that is not at all what I said?

I have liked Bucannon since day 1 said he would more than likely be the 3 S off the board he was. I took some heat on here people didn't like his ball skills 6 ints didn't necessarily mean he had good ball skills etc. I am not sure why you are all over me about this. What is the problem exactly?

I can't see whatever it is you posted for good measure at work and it is blocked.

I'm not all over you. I just don't understand why you would say that no one on this board gets that Bucannon is a baller. Lots of people on this board liked Bucannon, just like you.

And the video was of Bill Tobin asking "who in the hell is Mel Kiper?" Just a little jokey-joke...

I'm not all over you. I just don't understand why you would say that no one on this board gets that Bucannon is a baller. Lots of people on this board liked Bucannon, just like you.

And the video was of Bill Tobin asking "who in the hell is Mel Kiper?" Just a little jokey-joke...

the good majority of response I got when I posted about Bucannon was that he was overrated and didn't have ball skills etc. that lead me to believe that people did think he was much of  a player in fact many called him overrated Ward this and Ward that. I think Bucannon might prove to be the best S in this class and I certainly liked him over an undersized player from a non power conference. The bantering was basically between me and that kid. Thought he would look good with a horseshoe did not seem to get much support.  It is over. It is day 2. I would love to move on and see what Grigs has in store for today.  

the good majority of response I got when I posted about Bucannon was that he was overrated and didn't have ball skills etc. that lead me to believe that people did think he was much of  a player in fact many called him overrated Ward this and Ward that. I think Bucannon might prove to be the best S in this class and I certainly liked him over an undersized player from a non power conference. The bantering was basically between me and that kid. Thought he would look good with a horseshoe did not seem to get much support.  It is over. It is day 2. I would love to move on and see what Grigs has in store for today.  

Well I picked up on your comment because I like Bucannon, but don't think he's a good fit for US at SS in particular. He does have ball skills -- really good ball skills -- but that doesn't equate to man coverage ability. And I think our SS needs to basically be a slot corner who can support the run and has range. The Niners got a good player. I just think other players fit our scheme better than Bucannon.

No harm, no hurt feelings on my end. Didn't mean to single you out.