Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Pass rusher would you take ( Pick 59)

25 members have voted

1. 1. At Pick 59 ( assuming all are available), which OLB would you take?

• Kyle Van Noy (BYU)
    • Marcus Smith ( Louisville)
    • Jeremiah Attaochu (Georgia Tech)
    • Trent Murphy (Stanford)
    • Other (any OLB I have missed)
    • No OLB with 59th pick

Hello everyone- hope you are all well.

People on this board have varying opinions over whether we should draft an OLB in this draft and if so who?

I have listed 4 OLBs ( with varying chances of being at 59), but humor me for a second. If you were Ryan Grigson and all 4 OLB were there at 59- who would you pick? 

In this order, I would go(1st to last):

Smith- Van Noy- Attaochu- Murphy

Hello everyone- hope you are all well.

People on this board have varying opinions over whether we should draft an OLB in this draft and if so who?

I have listed 4 OLBs ( with varying chances of being at 59), but humor me for a second. If you were Ryan Grigson and all 4 OLB were there at 59- who would you pick? 

In this order, I would go(1st to last):

Smith- Van Noy- Attaochu- Murphy

if he is still there at 59 and I hope he is the Attaochu I have been hearing great things about this guy hope the colts get him and he goes out for the colts and has a great career.

I would go Smith, Van Noy, Attaochu, in that order.  But I would not be upset at all if the Colts took any of the 3.  They're all so close as far as prospects for me, but my personal preference is Smith, to me he just seems to have the most potential.

Murphy to me looks like a carbon copy of Werner and just do not see a need for another guy like Werner (hope he develops into our future SAM).

Van Noy may not be the most disruptive pass rusher of the group, but he looks the most disruptive on the whole field.  The moveable chess piece that can create more scheme confusion.  That would be the more valuable than what the others bring.  Probably the least likely to drop to us.

I may be in the minority here but I think we are set at OLB. I think we should be willing to give Werner another year before we write him off, Walden is a good safety net in case Werner doesn't match the coaching staff's expectations. Mathis is still one of the best pass rushers in the nfl, and I'm still optimistic with the Daniel Adongo experiment. Also don't we still have people like Johnson, Sidbury, Hickman on our roster? I'm sure for depth purposes they could all be serviceable. 

I think the pick at #59 will be used on either an interior lineman or safety. However i'm starting to think it's more likely to be used on the latter after hearing the coaching staff/Grigson's opinions of the people we have on the roster. No doubt Donald Thomas is good when healthy, I was impressed with Hugh Thornton last year. Also they seem to think highly of Khaled Holmes and Lance Louis. Plus we have a big need at safety which i'm starting to think someone like Joyner or Bucannon will fill. 

If I had to choose i'd say Attaochu though. I can imagine them picking an OLB if it's the best player available tactic because I really don't see it as a position of weakness. If that is the mentality they are going with and we could land someone like Attaochu with our pick I won't complain too much.

Van Noy may not be the most disruptive pass rusher of the group, but he looks the most disruptive on the whole field.  The moveable chess piece that can create more scheme confusion.  That would be the more valuable than what the others bring.  Probably the least likely to drop to us.

I agree with this.  I think Attaochu and Smith are probably better pure pass rushers, but Van Noy is better at other aspects of OLB and still a very good pass rusher.  I wouldn't be upset with any of the three of Van Noy, Attaochu or Smith though.