Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson files for divorce

amfootball

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed....I find people's lack of similar values and morals are a big reason for that. Of course there are many times that those that share said similar values still divorce I just think like AM eluded to earlier but the erosion of values in America are a big reason for these social problems we see and indeed are a big problem when people get married if they don't have similar values. I don't know if there is a magic bullett for solving the issue of divorce in america...and especially for what happens to good men and their kids....really just a lack of common sense and ettiquet...and some good ol Judges would fix a lot of the misfortune these divorced men face but there is a lot that goes into making a good marriage...not sure what could solve the issue of divorce. It's an ugly sad affair...I pray few have to go through with it and those that do find happiness again someday. Life is too precious and short to hold grudges and live angry about the past or injustice. Best to dust yourself off and move forward...one tough step at a time until the walk gets easier..and eventually hopefully find a place of happiness and content again.

I don't like to look at things in terms of values because it over simplifies the problem.  Sure the values have changed but you have to ask WHY did the values change?

For me it goes back to no fault divorce laws being introduced.  1 generation after no fault divorce laws become common you have divorce rates that go through the roof.  

And that's when poverty really becomes a bigger and bigger issue even in times when there is no depression.

I don't like to look at things in terms of values because it over simplifies the problem.  Sure the values have changed but you have to ask WHY did the values change?

For me it goes back to no fault divorce laws being introduced.  1 generation after no fault divorce laws become common you have divorce rates that go through the roof.  

And that's when poverty really becomes a bigger and bigger issue even in times when there is no depression.

Very good points. There definately could be a corrilation between the two. I'm sure there are many more things that make up the complex issues involved but certainly changes in divorce laws could be a reason for lack of morals. The basic overall failure of the family unit itself is a huge issue. I don't want to get too far off subject but I totally understand where you are going with it and I believe its a good point.

Again if what someone is saying is true about being faithful...thats a very sad thing. I'm sure there are a lot of underlying issues that was going on that was the real reason for the divorce..not simply cheating or not but it sounds very personal and my heart goes out to both of them whatever the reasons. Hopefully, they learn and use this to build a better marriage next time.

Very good points. There definately could be a corrilation between the two. I'm sure there are many more things that make up the complex issues involved but certainly changes in divorce laws could be a reason for lack of morals. The basic overall failure of the family unit itself is a huge issue. I don't want to get too far off subject but I totally understand where you are going with it and I believe its a good point.

Again if what someone is saying is true about being faithful...thats a very sad thing. I'm sure there are a lot of underlying issues that was going on that was the real reason for the divorce..not simply cheating or not but it sounds very personal and my heart goes out to both of them whatever the reasons. Hopefully, they learn and use this to build a better marriage next time.

90% of issues in America probably all tie back to failure of the family structure in one way or the other, IMO. Young boys and girls, young men and women need stability, mentoring and direction and the family is the best place to receive it. If everyone took responsibility for what they need to do for their family structure to work, America would be a better place. A kid sees irresponsible actions from figures of authority in his/her family, and consciously or sub-consciously, the patterns repeat over generations, IMO. Regardless of circumstances, one can always right the ship at some point with a willingness and awareness to not repeat mistakes of the past.  :2c:

Quite frankly I hate divorce no matter what. At best it's a necessary evil but quite frankly most times it's not. Most times it's someone who has decided that "for better or worse" isn't worth it.

That having been said at the same time I also understand why people are being so negative to her despite not knowing anything. It's a sad reality that divorces rarely turn out well for men. No matter what the circumstances women usually walk away with the kids and the house. For many men a divorce is essentially their wife deciding she's bored and kicking him out of the family only to have the TV and the media applaud her for her courage to become a single mother because her husband wasn't fun enough. (Ever heard of "Eat Pray Love"? The entire book, applauded by the media is about a woman who gets bored with her husband and takes a trip around the world after she divorces him.)

And every man who's married knows that if she's unhappy for any reason legit or not, you're unhappy with half your stuff in a studio apartment and seeing your children 2 weekends a month (if you are lucky). This is something every married man and especially every married father is extremely aware of. It's also a reason why father's statistically almost never file for divorce, but mothers often do.

Anyways there is a lot of male resentment about family courts that gets played out when this comes up. Even if you've never been divorced, if you are married with kids you know that she doesn't need a reason to kick you out of the family, she just can.

As far as Wilson he likely made the right decision if he's just looking out for himself. But looking out for himself isn't what he promised her in 2012.

love this post. With all sincerity. Well said and a sad truth.