Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams might keep the RG3 trade multiplying

As they were last year when they had two first round picks (their own and Washington's)  St. Louis will be a major player again this year.

Last year, St. Louis traded up to get Austin, and traded down (but still stayed in the 1st round) to get in the ILB from Georgia (whose name escapes me)

I would not be surprised if they trade on both picks this year.

They've got 2 and 13.    They could trade down from 2 a little bit and still get an OT,  and they could trade up or down and target a WR, or another position.

St. Louis is very aggressive targeting who they want and going after them.    Of course, it's easier to be that aggressive when you've got lots of extra high round draft choices!

They could trade down from 2 with someone like Minnesota and pick Mike Evans at 8 and still get Lewan at 12 (or even trade down a spot or two).

That would be a good draft from them and they'd get more picks from Minnesota from the trade and still get a top 2 receiver and top 3 LT.

The gift that keeps on giving Clark (Christmas vacation movie quote by Randy Quaid).  That is RG3.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338040/article/jeff-fisher-rams-havent-talked-trade-for-pick-yet

They are going to build a great team there because of that trade. I have come to the conclusion that if a great package is offered for a draft pick, a team should take it no matter who is available or what their needs are. Those high draft picks bring great flexibility and allow a team to rebuild completely.

Thank you Dan Synder, no really THANK YOU. You out did the idiocy of Mike Ditka in those dark gloomy days of letting everything go for Ricky Williams. I will be thankful every day that you're not my owner, and you helped wash away those bad memories. I feel so bad for Redskins fans (Skins fans, not the RGIII bandwagon that would have liked any team that drafted him). Their team is a joke, their owner is the worst in the league (yes I just said that), they haven't been a good team since 1991, nor have they had a good QB since Mark Rypien (who was only good that one season) and they still have a racist name.

Seriously, you had to see this coming a few years ago.

The Rams may have been an average team last year, but they are built to last as long as Fisher keeps them on the right track. He no longer has a crazy owner reigning over him like in Bud Adams, so that's a huge plus.

The Redskins shot themselves in the foot from day one with that trade. Look, I'm not knocking RGIII on this. He could be Brady or some other top notch QB, and it still wouldn't make a difference when his team gave up everything just to draft him. They can't get him any weapons (and on Dan Synder's rules, those weapons tend to be washed up players in the twilight of their careers so he can have his fantasy football team) or build a team around him that is competitive.

Synder has run the Skins in the ground, even the RGIII bandwagon had to see this miles in advance cause the trade just to get him had red flags all over it from day one.

Watch the Rams start making the playoffs in the next few years, beat the Niners and Hawks a couple times, meanwhile Washington is same old Synderskin Washington, hitting 4-12 and 6-10 seasons consistently.

As they were last year when they had two first round picks (their own and Washington's) St. Louis will be a major player again this year.Alec Ogletree

Last year, St. Louis traded up to get Austin, and traded down (but still stayed in the 1st round) to get in the ILB from Georgia (whose name escapes me)

They've got 2 and 13. They could trade down from 2 a little bit and still get an OT, and they could trade up or down and target a WR, or another position.

St. Louis is very aggressive targeting who they want and going after them. Of course, it's easier to be that aggressive when you've got lots of extra high round draft choices!

As they were last year when they had two first round picks (their own and Washington's) St. Louis will be a major player again this year.Alec Ogletree

They've got 2 and 13. They could trade down from 2 a little bit and still get an OT, and they could trade up or down and target a WR, or another position.

St. Louis is very aggressive targeting who they want and going after them. Of course, it's easier to be that aggressive when you've got lots of extra high round draft choices!

Alec Ogletree is his name

They could trade down from 2 with someone like Minnesota and pick Mike Evans at 8 and still get Lewan at 12 (or even trade down a spot or two).

That would be a good draft from them and they'd get more picks from Minnesota from the trade and still get a top 2 receiver and top 3 LT.

There is a chance they could get Watkins at 8 most from 1 to 8 need QB OT or D players

Thank you Dan Synder, no really THANK YOU. You out did the idiocy of Mike Ditka in those dark gloomy days of letting everything go for Ricky Williams. I will be thankful every day that you're not my owner, and you helped wash away those bad memories. I feel so bad for Redskins fans (Skins fans, not the RGIII bandwagon that would have liked any team that drafted him). Their team is a joke, their owner is the worst in the league (yes I just said that), they haven't been a good team since 1991, nor have they had a good QB since Mark Rypien (who was only good that one season) and they still have a racist name.

Seriously, you had to see this coming a few years ago.

The Rams may have been an average team last year, but they are built to last as long as Fisher keeps them on the right track. He no longer has a crazy owner reigning over him like in Bud Adams, so that's a huge plus.

The Redskins shot themselves in the foot from day one with that trade. Look, I'm not knocking RGIII on this. He could be Brady or some other top notch QB, and it still wouldn't make a difference when his team gave up everything just to draft him. They can't get him any weapons (and on Dan Synder's rules, those weapons tend to be washed up players in the twilight of their careers so he can have his fantasy football team) or build a team around him that is competitive.

Synder has run the Skins in the ground, even the RGIII bandwagon had to see this miles in advance cause the trade just to get him had red flags all over it from day one.

Watch the Rams start making the playoffs in the next few years, beat the Niners and Hawks a couple times, meanwhile Washington is same old Synderskin Washington, hitting 4-12 and 6-10 seasons consistently.

I do believe Washington gave up too much...but to me I think St. Louis would have been better off keeping the pick and trading away Sam Bradford. To me we all know qbs are huge. RGIII is a huge upgrade over Sam Bradford. No matter what STL does with those picks they won't make the playoffs with him leading the team. As it stands STL is a mediocre team...and not even a playoff team. They are the worst team in their division and I don't see that changing anytime soon. One thing to win a trade as far as the picks...its another to turn them into something. As I see it right now and we have yet to see what they do with this year but I'm not impressed at ALL with what STL has to show for it. So far Washington at least has won its division and went to the playoffs...and in the long run...RGIII is legit..and will be a great player....MUCH better than Sam Bradford. So while I agree as far as pickwise goes that was much too much to give up...on the field...to me Washington has still won the trade. Both teams aren't playoff squads but Washington imo has a franchise qb...and STL will be searching for one next year....when they DON'T get extra picks. If I was them I would consider trading down and using a middle first to late first on a qb....Bradford is NOT the man. 

One to thing to think about is if STL got all that for #2 pick wonder what we could have done if we kept Peyton for another 5 yrs and used all those picks to surround him with great young talent....now I'll run away lol!!!

Yeah, doesn't matter how many picks St. Louis has. They still won't be able to get things going, and no way they supplant Seattle or San Francisco anytime soon.

They won't even leap frog Arizona...I've never been a big Jeff Fischer fan.....guy has been nothing more than mediocre his entire career...how long can you ride an 8-8 coach. Maybe it was when he came into my drug store I used to run for a dozen years with his shorts and his boat shoes and asked our cosmetician about something for his nails (his regularly manicured nails his wife makes him get he said) but I saw enough then lol. Nothing wrong with all that but well...nevermind. I just haven't seen enough from their decisions to really feel strongly about them.....outside of Quinn manly I'm not sold on them...they do get after the qb but you can run on them...and I think they have terrible evaluators when it comes to their receivers. Nothing special about that team and I don't see them being anything more than 8-8 any time soon.....unlike the Redskins who I 100% believe had a VERY FINE offseason....and I think they bounce back...especially with RGIII getting healthy.

They won't even leap frog Arizona...I've never been a big Jeff Fischer fan.....guy has been nothing more than mediocre his entire career...how long can you ride an 8-8 coach. Maybe it was when he came into my drug store I used to run for a dozen years with his shorts and his boat shoes and asked our cosmetician about something for his nails (his regularly manicured nails his wife makes him get he said) but I saw enough then lol. Nothing wrong with all that but well...nevermind. I just haven't seen enough from their decisions to really feel strongly about them.....outside of Quinn manly I'm not sold on them...they do get after the qb but you can run on them...and I think they have terrible evaluators when it comes to their receivers. Nothing special about that team and I don't see them being anything more than 8-8 any time soon.....unlike the Redskins who I 100% believe had a VERY FINE offseason....and I think they bounce back...especially with RGIII getting healthy.

wait what? ummmm ok

I do believe Washington gave up too much...but to me I think St. Louis would have been better off keeping the pick and trading away Sam Bradford. To me we all know qbs are huge. RGIII is a huge upgrade over Sam Bradford. No matter what STL does with those picks they won't make the playoffs with him leading the team. As it stands STL is a mediocre team...and not even a playoff team. They are the worst team in their division and I don't see that changing anytime soon. One thing to win a trade as far as the picks...its another to turn them into something. As I see it right now and we have yet to see what they do with this year but I'm not impressed at ALL with what STL has to show for it. So far Washington at least has won its division and went to the playoffs...and in the long run...RGIII is legit..and will be a great player....MUCH better than Sam Bradford. So while I agree as far as pickwise goes that was much too much to give up...on the field...to me Washington has still won the trade. Both teams aren't playoff squads but Washington imo has a franchise qb...and STL will be searching for one next year....when they DON'T get extra picks. If I was them I would consider trading down and using a middle first to late first on a qb....Bradford is NOT the man.

One to thing to think about is if STL got all that for #2 pick wonder what we could have done if we kept Peyton for another 5 yrs and used all those picks to surround him with great young talent....now I'll run away lol!!!

Griffin isn't an upgrade really. I'd take those picks all day.

Yeah, it seems like his players are always dirty/disrespectful towards the competition, something I noticed in his Tennessee days. Arizona is definitely on the rise and since Bradford can't stay healthy (a warning flag in college) the Rams would be better off hopping off his bandwagon. I think Griffin is glad to be in the East on a team that can challenge for the division instead of having ended up in St Louis. I think he and Gruden will get along fine, whereas he and Fisher would have clashed.

Yeah Griffin is just going to prove why guys with his skill set don't thrive in the NFL. I'd take Bradford over him all day because at the end of the day, if you can't win from the pocket, you'll never be more than a highlight reel player. Bradford has been a let down thus far but he still has potential to still be good because he can win in the pocket.

He might be a Kurt Warner in the sense that he might not reach his potential until late in his career.

The Brian Shottenheimer hire by Fisher was an excellent move/sarcasm

Griffin isn't an upgrade really. I'd take those picks all day.

Again...I do believe they gave up too much...but the Rams haven't done anything with it..and to me (obviously you disagree) RGIII will bounce back now that he is healthy and has a better offensive coordinator and they will be better in the long run. There defense is pretty suspect but slowly getting better. The team didn't go crazy in free agency and has been pretty disciplined...and if they add a Djax..that offense will be very deadly with Garcon and the rest getting healthy. I like where they are headed in division where Dallas is a steaming pile, Giants are always solid but not impressive, and Philly is flashy but yet to see if that defense is improved. I think Washington will compete...and will be in the playoffs before STL....thats all I'm saying. I take Griffen over Bradford every day of the year including leap years. That was a devastating injury (fluke as it was) at the end of the year and it was going to take time to get back on track. Not only that but you pay RGIII like 1/2 what Bradford makes and to me he is clearly the better qb prospect in my mind.

Again...I do believe they gave up too much...but the Rams haven't done anything with it..and to me (obviously you disagree) RGIII will bounce back now that he is healthy and has a better offensive coordinator and they will be better in the long run. There defense is pretty suspect but slowly getting better. The team didn't go crazy in free agency and has been pretty disciplined...and if they add a Djax..that offense will be very deadly with Garcon and the rest getting healthy. I like where they are headed in division where Dallas is a steaming pile, Giants are always solid but not impressive, and Philly is flashy but yet to see if that defense is improved. I think Washington will compete...and will be in the playoffs before STL....thats all I'm saying. I take Griffen over Bradford every day of the year including leap years. That was a devastating injury (fluke as it was) at the end of the year and it was going to take time to get back on track. Not only that but you pay RGIII like 1/2 what Bradford makes and to me he is clearly the better qb prospect in my mind.

Playoffs don't measure who did better in the trade, the divisions don't compare.

RG3 is never healthy.

Playoffs don't measure who did better in the trade, the divisions don't compare.

RG3 is never healthy.

Ummm...I agree he had a down year because of the injury but are we comparing the same two qbs??? RGIII and SAM (BOOBOO) BRADFORD?? That said I've seen enough of Sam to believe he ISN'T the man...and I feel in the long run...RGIII will be representing his team in the playoffs more...just my opinion though.

Ummm...I agree he had a down year because of the injury but are we comparing the same two qbs??? RGIII and SAM (BOOBOO) BRADFORD?? That said I've seen enough of Sam to believe he ISN'T the man...and I feel in the long run...RGIII will be representing his team in the playoffs more...just my opinion though.

If your QB is crippled because his running ability isn't at 100%, then he's a gimmick to begin with. The whole "he was only bad because of injury" thing is really a load of nonsense. There was nothing wrong with his shoulder or hand. His ability to throw the ball and move laterally in the pocket weren't affected.

If your QB is crippled because his running ability isn't at 100%, then he's a gimmick to begin with. The whole "he was only bad because of injury" thing is really a load of nonsense. There was nothing wrong with his shoulder or hand. His ability to throw the ball and move laterally in the pocket weren't affected.

He participated in 0 pre-season games and almost 0 off-season drills. Of course it affected him. He did have a bad year...but for a very very young qb to get no reps until week 1...of course he is going to struggle. I remember the year Peyton didn't play in the pre-season when he had his knee surgery...it took him several weeks to warm up...and he was a veteren qb. I do think Robert bounces back...and it isn't so much about his running...but the reps and practice time he gets. He also should be in a better system as well unlike what Shanahan was running. 

Oh and I doubt anyone thinks Kap is a gimmick qb or Cam Newton is one if they were limited with their running because that would have a big effect on them too. These young guys are all playing at a higher level because of their athletic ability...its somewhat an equalizer to a defense as their pure pocket passing isn't evolved yet. Guys like Kap, Wilson, Griffen, and Newton and somewhat even Luck make up for what they lack in ability to read defenses and make plays in the pocket with their ability to scramble. Of course it hurt Griffen...but I 100% believe he is a franchise qb.

The Rams have 2 GLARING needs and 3 players that would fit. WR (Watkins) and OT (Robinson, Matthews). Assuming that the Texans take Bortels that means the Rams could trade down with Atlanta and pick up their #1 and #2 this year and a #2 next and still be able to get one of their top 3 targets.