Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning To The Redskins?

chad72

LOL, not really, but speculation has already started :)

http://www.washingto...3CVmM_blog.html

But given how Bill Polian refused a first round pick from the Dolphins and instead traded Marshall Faulk to get him out of the AFC to the Rams for a 2nd & a 5th, I see him trading Manning to an NFC team before an AFC team, if that is how it plays out :).

Edited by chad72

If he's in another uniform it is because we didn't pick up the option. I don't see any team trading for a 28million option bonus and the remaining contract. If he's not a Colt, he will be a) retired, B ) free to sign with anyone.

Also there is no he would go to Washington and face Eli twice a year.

Edited by firejimcaldwell

There is on money to be owed if the Colts decide to release Manning or trade. That's how the contract was constructed, it was worked around his health. I however would die if Peyton was traded or released unless he couldn't play anymore. Peyton is the Colts and I understand this is a business. You just can't do something like that to a player that has done so much for your francise. Packers did that to Farve, but #18 needs to be retired here as a Colt.

Edited by a06cc

There is on money to be owed if the Colts decide to release Manning or trade. That's how the contract was constructed, it was worked around his health. I however would die if Peyton was traded or released unless he couldn't play anymore. Peyton is the Colts and I understand this is a business. You just can't do something like that to a player that has done so much for your francise. Packers did that to Farve, but #18 needs to be retired here as a Colt.

No money owed if he is released or traded, but we will still get hit with a 16 million or in it might possibly be able to be split over 2012/2013 at 8million each if he's traded or released, so it's not like it will be a clean cut either way.

The problem with the Redskins and Cowboys is that he would be in the same division with Eli which I think would be very hard on his parents. They are a close family and I just don't think either of those two would fly with him.

its a football game. i'm sure the close family would be ok with their sons playing head to head games

its a football game. i'm sure the close family would be ok with their sons playing head to head games

I don't see that happening. I'm still a firm believer in that one of the main issues Eli had with the Chargers was that they were in the AFC. I know Archie has gone on record that he's not a fan of the "Manning Bowl" and is glad that neither one of them would ever knock the other out of the playoffs. If they faced off in the Super Bowl then so be it, so while I feel there is 0% chance Manning is traded, I don't see that much of a higher chance that he goes to Dallas or Washington. I'd see him In Jacksonville or Tennessee long before Dallas or Washington.

For the Manning Bowl, their parents always said the pulled for a healthy game and a lot of offense.

Edited by firejimcaldwell