Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bringing back Brandon McKinney

I really liked McKinney when we originally signed him when pagano took over i liked his potential to be a mammoth NT who could anchor the d-line and then he had an ACL tear and never recovered but i feel like he would be a great veteran depth NT to help chapman kind of like franklin's role last year on a cheap one year deal i hope grigs brings him back i know its not likely but i'd like bringing him back over signing Wilfork or someone else to a big deal make it happen grigson and sign De La Puente as well Go Colts!

Mckinney stunk it up when he was here(Played on skates), If we bring back a NT then it needs to Antonio Johnson....But we wont because Johnson wasn't very good in the 1 technique...0 technique he was pretty decent.......He certainly wasn't the problem. A Center Im interested in looking at is Kyle Cook

Mckinney stunk it up when he was here(Played on skates), If we bring back a NT then it needs to Antonio Johnson....But we wont because Johnson wasn't very good in the 1 technique...0 technique he was pretty decent.......He certainly wasn't the problem. A Center Im interested in looking at is Kyle Cook

he barely played for us wouldn't you want to give him more of a shot to compete?  i wouldnt mind franklin coming back at all but i think Mckinney alongside his former raven teammates art jones and redding. i think with them and chapman rotating in we could have a great d line next year and an even better pass rush

he barely played for us wouldn't you want to give him more of a shot to compete?  i wouldnt mind franklin coming back at all but i think Mckinney alongside his former raven teammates art jones and redding. i think with them and chapman rotating in we could have a great d line next year and an even better pass rush

I'd pass, Johnson is better

Did McKinney ever play in a game for us? I don't think he did.

I'm not interested in bringing him back, but I don't get how he stunk it up when he was here.

I'm not interested in bringing him back, but I don't get how he stunk it up when he was here.

i just suggest giving him a chance for a depth spot at NT. if we go with franklin,wilfork,or someone else that's fine but he didnt stink he barely got a chance to play before his acl tear which is difficult to recover from and wilfork had one as well and is older than mckinney i just think he would be a solid depth signing who could compete to start at NT

Only 3 preseason games, So yeah stunk it up was extreme....ya probably cant say a guy stunk it up after 3 games but he played on skates often

i just suggest giving him a chance for a depth spot at NT. if we go with franklin,wilfork,or someone else that's fine but he didnt stink he barely got a chance to play before his acl tear which is difficult to recover from and wilfork had one as well and is older than mckinney i just think he would be a solid depth signing who could compete to start at NT

Yeah after 3 games stunk it up is a bit extreme but he played like he was on skates

if i recall he didnt fit our scheme and was much better in the 4-3 and was very unimpressive in the 3-4

Meh, He didn't fit at the 1 tech, I thought he played fairly well at the 0. I'll have to go back and watch I guess.

either way we need a decent depth NT as well as a Center and a FS let's just hope grigson addresses it with SOMEBODY

FS should be addressed in the draft in my opinion, NT can be to although Im all for looking at Isaac Sopaga...former 49ers stout NT

FS should be addressed in the draft in my opinion, NT can be to although Im all for looking at Isaac Soapaga...former 49ers stout NT

i like him as well at least at this point we have alot of options at NT and C and plenty of cap as long as we don't give it all to mack i like mack but im tired of hearing how we have to sign him i hope we get decent players and save some cap for next year so De La Puente and McKinney/Sopoaga/Franklin/Johnson would be great signings to fill holes we still have

i like him as well at least at this point we have alot of options at NT and C and plenty of cap as long as we don't give it all to mack i like mack but im tired of hearing how we have to sign him i hope we get decent players and save some cap for next year so De La Puente and McKinney/Sopoaga/Franklin/Johnson would be great signings to fill holes we still have

Dont like De La Puente, Not very good opening up holes vs the run game. Very inconsistent in pass protection (slipped off blocks often), The hype he gets coming from New Orleans wont match his play here in Indy next to a guy coming off a season ending injury and a 2nd year player

Dont like De La Puente, Not very good opening up holes vs the run game. Very inconsistent in pass protection (slipped off blocks often), The hype he gets coming from New Orleans wont match his play here in Indy next to a guy coming off a season ending injury and a 2nd year player

i don't think thornton will start at RG next year he was very unimpressive when he was on the field i would hope that lance louis or someone else even a FA we might bring in for cheap like willie colon

i don't think thornton will start at RG next year he was very unimpressive when he was on the field i would hope that lance louis or someone else even a FA we might bring in for cheap like willie colon

Willie Colone...Now were talkin!.....though he would have to be cleared injury wise after getting hurt last year

If they brought back any ex-colt NT, they should bring back Martin Teveseu. He was better than McKinney and Franklin both. He's not great by any stretch of the imagination, but he'd be cheap and he's good depth.

i liked him as well but don't think he was necessarily better than McKinney or Franklin McKinney barely got to show what he could do with our team before his injury but either way i would like to bring back an ex colt for veteran depth or another solid NT i think it should be 2nd or 3rd on our FA to do list behind Center and Safety

looks like the titans resigned antonio johnson just now...that sucks one less option for us

Yeah Johnson had a pretty decent year for the Titans in limited starts (6), Shaun Rogers is still out there though cant really say I know much about him

Two words..

Vince Wilfork.

That's the guy we need in the middle.

I'd like Wilfork but if he could only be signed on a large contract i'd much rather bring back McKinney on a cheap one year prove it deal and see if he can be the big run stopping NT he was supposed to be when we first signed him but if we could get wilfork for a reasonable deal i would be very happy with that as well

I'd like Wilfork but if he could only be signed on a large contract i'd much rather bring back McKinney on a cheap one year prove it deal and see if he can be the big run stopping NT he was supposed to be when we first signed him but if we could get wilfork for a reasonable deal i would be very happy with that as well

Listen Brandon (this has to be you), if you want your job back, call Mr. Grigson. We on the board can't help you. However, we will support you. Good luck!

Listen Brandon (this has to be you), if you want your job back, call Mr. Grigson. We on the board can't help you. However, we will support you. Good luck!

ha no im not just a fan looking for someone to upgrade our d line if that's vince wilfork i would be more than excited just feel like chapman isnt the answer at NT who would you suggest signing to improve the position as long as our team is improved and can make another run at the super bowl people must think im BDLP too considering how much ive been saying we need to sign him to start at center :funny:

ha no im not just a fan looking for someone to upgrade our d line if that's vince wilfork i would be more than excited just feel like chapman isnt the answer at NT who would you suggest signing to improve the position as long as our team is improved and can make another run at the super bowl people must think im BDLP too considering how much ive been saying we need to sign him to start at center :funny:

:thmup: I would personally like to take a flyer on Pat Sims. However, I don't see it happening. I just think there are better options than B.M. He sat out all of last year and wasn't great prior to that. He is a career backup. I just don't believe he is an upgrade over Franklin. 

I could live with BDLP even though he has major flaws. He was driven back quite frequently (disrupting the pocket) and doesn't open up running lanes very well. At this point, I wouldn't hate the signing. We just simply aren't going to get Mack. I would feel a lot more comfortable with Montgomery or Goodwin snapping the ball. I'm hoping our starting center isn't yet on the roster. Ryan Wendell and Kyle Cook are interesting as well.

:thmup: I would personally like to take a flyer on Pat Sims. However, I don't see it happening. I just think there are better options than B.M. He sat out all of last year and wasn't great prior to that. He is a career backup. I just don't believe he is an upgrade over Franklin. 

I could live with BDLP even though he has major flaws. He was driven back quite frequently (disrupting the pocket) and doesn't open up running lanes very well. At this point, I wouldn't hate the signing. We just simply aren't going to get Mack. I would feel a lot more comfortable with Montgomery or Goodwin snapping the ball. I'm hoping our starting center isn't yet on the roster. Ryan Wendell and Kyle Cook are interesting as well.

I've been watching some of Kyle Cook and like what I have seen, I dont think he is a world beater by any means but he is pretty solid in pass blocking and opening up running lanes

I've been watching some of Kyle Cook and like what I have seen, I dont think he is a world beater by any means but he is pretty solid in pass blocking and opening up running lanes

He didn't have the best season last year, but he would be an OK short-term solution. I would prefer a Center under the age of 30, but those options are getting slim.

wendell had a down year but i think even he would be an upgrade and i forgot about pat sims i would like to sign him if we could he seems like a pretty good DT who could provide great depth and prop start over Chapman

I'm comfortable with Jeris Pendleton as backup NT. 6'2'' and 335 lbs. Also, Montori Hughes is 335+ lbs so that's another body to use.

Exactly! For some reason, these two continue to be forgotten.. I would be surprised if ANY additions are made to the NT spot with the intentions of them being kept into the start of the season. Chapman, Hughes, and Pendleton provide all the depth the Colts need.

There is definitely room for improvement. He needs to get the mental part of his game down a little better. 

true about room for improvement he seemed lost in pass coverage at the start of the year but improved towards the end of the season and his run blocking looked solid to me up until the first game against the chiefs where he got beat by Jamaal Charles although people said Erik Walden issues against the run and he also seemed solid as the season went on. of my 3 favorite signings of last year (Sheppard,Walden,and Gosder Cherilus) i was most impressed by the development of Sheppard and hope he can improve even more next year and maybe compete for a starting spot although there is a ton of competition at ILB.   

I'm comfortable with Jeris Pendleton as backup NT. 6'2'' and 335 lbs. Also, Montori Hughes is 335+ lbs so that's another body to use.

SF used RJF with good success at NT in passing situations. Guess no one here gets this. I wish him health so ya`ll can see why he got the $5M.