Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay tweets FA signing

I can't believe how much we are giving him. You figure next year we will give Freeman a similar contract, that is a lot of money to give two inside linebackers.

There must have been a lot of demand for him for the price to reach $5 million per season.

Cutting Satele saves $4 million against cap, essentially a swap for D'Qwell. Also front loaded, so more like a 2 year deal than 4.

I would think so but even at 5.5 mil per season for the first 2 years is still overpaying a 30 year old ILB.

It is Not overpaying if the guy performs. It is the Market, it is what it is, and the Structure of Contracts is Super important.

Darn right he needs to play very Well to earn that kinda dough.

With the rising CAP,  $5Mil ain`t what it used to be. lol ;)  Go Colts!

Of course you do mix and match the cheap Bargain contracts with the higher ones from year to year to build that D.

Whatcha think, D`Quell & Freeman are what $6-6.5M between them? Not bad. Better keep drafting/finding those cheaper guys who can play tho! lol

Cutting Satele saves $4 million against cap, essentially a swap for D'Qwell. Also front loaded, so more like a 2 year deal than 4.

I didn't realize we had cut Satele. I like the signing, I think he will help the defense, I would have just liked it more for about $1 million less per season.

yea 11million guaranteed so its pretty much a 2 year deal. The only thing i worry about is his age at 30. Also, I actually wouldn't mind bringing in champ bailey to play Safety at a very low price.

I guess you didn't see how badly Bailey played when he WAS on the field last season. It don't matter how cheap the contract is if he can't play anymore.