Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What moves can Colts make to ensure a Super Bowl?

jshipp23

Again, I am amazed at some of the comments. Coaching staff? So is Chuck Pagano out there getting beat by every 0, 1, and 2 gap DLineman in the league? THEY CAN'T BLOCK!!! McGlynn is a high effort guy who simply lacks the ability to win his battles most of the time. Satele is not a run blocker. I don't know where you guys get on the criticism of the coach?? How do we know that it is not Irsays MANDATE to run the ball and stop the run??? After all, before he hired Grigson or Pagano, that was his dream. So you keep assuming that Hamilton and Pagano just intentionally do things that don't work just to pull a power play. I have a hard time believing they are that backwards.

I think the Colts are close, contrary to what some of your think. Sure, we were not competitive with the Patriots. I know people will jump on the defense for the collapse at the end, but we were within 8 I believe, had 3 stops of the Patriots, and did NOTHING offensively. Do you think with Wayne, Allen, and Thomas back that might change? With a better O-Line and Richardson running well? I think you have the Colts two more O-lineman, another pass rusher, and a DLineman who can collapse the pocket, we are a real threat to anyone. I think we showed that against SF, Seattle, and Denver.

coaching has been poor. How you don't see it is beyond me

The best way to win a Superbowl ?  Is too be in 1 .

No injuries & better offensive line & defensive line is a good start & receivers that receive & RB's that can run ,

And consistency helps 2 different offenses in 2 years with new faces on both sides of the ball need time to gell & I expect great things from our 2014 Colts in Grigson's 3'rd season .

Is the Superbowl possible yes is there a blueprint look no further than Seattle .

Seattle went all in last year with big name guys like Harvin and Avril and it paid off...R they gonna have cap issues and lose core guys soon? YES...WAS IT WORTH IT? YES...We can do the same or go conservative like our coaching and remain good enough to get in playoffs but not good enough to win..

We sign 3 impact guys this year we will be the #1 seed and have a REAL shot to win..

No guarantee our free agwnts will stay without being overpaid in a few years anyway ...You gotta go for it when the timing is wait quit being scared!

The best way to win a Superbowl ?  Is too be in 1 .

No injuries & better offensive line & defensive line is a good start & receivers that receive & RB's that can run ,

And consistency helps 2 different offenses in 2 years with new faces on both sides of the ball need time to gell & I expect great things from our 2014 Colts in Grigson's 3'rd season .

Is the Superbowl possible yes is there a blueprint look no further than Seattle .

What in the world does Seattle have in common with the Colts. Seattle had a great defense and very good parts when they added a franchise QB in Wilson. Luck doesn't have a great defense and his running back can't gain yards, his offensive line can't block and the receivers are suspect unless Reggie Wayne comes back as the Reggie Wayne of old. I see nothing in common with Seattle.

I think we should only go for a star center like Mack this offseason. Save the rest of the money for next offseason, much better players in Free Agency next year like : A.J. Green(WR), Brandon Marshall(WR), Von Miller(LB), Frank Gore(RB), Terrance Knighton(DT), Cameron Jordan(DE).

None of which will likely hit free agency, save maybe Knighton and possibly Gore

Seattle went all in last year with big name guys like Harvin and Avril and it paid off...R they gonna have cap issues and lose core guys soon? YES...WAS IT WORTH IT? YES...We can do the same or go conservative like our coaching and remain good enough to get in playoffs but not good enough to win..

We sign 3 impact guys this year we will be the #1 seed and have a REAL shot to win..

No guarantee our free agwnts will stay without being overpaid in a few years anyway ...You gotta go for it when the timing is wait quit being scared!

i love this guys optimism and can do attitude.

I'VE given my opinion on this topic; juzt curious to see other's opinions on what we should do given we have around 40 million to spend now that the cap has been raised....Go all in now for a 2 year run?? Or be more frugal and try to win with less firepower given we will have to extend Luck, Hilton, Ballard, Allen, Costanzo, and Fleenor in a few years..I'm for going for it now and dealing wirh salary cap repeucussions later personally...Super Bowls are hard to come by, and we're REAL close..

Don't change the plan...

....We're building....draft choices and bargain free agents.

We're not quite in the top 2 or 3 AFC teams but we're closer than we were....

Sign our own guys and keep drafting...we need quality and depth in the lines...

....we're no longer rebuilding but we're still building..

2011 (2-14), 2012 (11-5), 2013 (11-5)

we're at 11-5.....2 years into a 'rebuld' .....we're fine

This lineup needs more blue-chip talent PERIOD. That's the biggest difference between us & teams like Seattle and San Francisco. You look at those teams and wonder how they ended up with so many studs across the board, especially on defense. We need to focus on adding top-tier talent, and that starts in the trenches.

It's clear that our interior O-line needs a huge upgrade. Signing a C like Mack would do wonders for both our pass protection and run-blocking. We also need to improve the G position, whether that's with our 2nd/3rd-rounder or in free agency. We have a stable of effective RB's, now let's creat holes for them to run through. Anyway, we need 2-3 big time additions to our O-line and we are set.

The same goes for our defensive front seven. Nobody outside of Mathis is a true playmaker; they're just a bunch of average players who fit roles. And that's fine to a point. But we really need 1-2 talented pass rushers to help Mathis out & pressure the QB. Whether that comes at the DE or OLB position doesn't matter; we need both. Meanwhile, our LB corp needs help. Drafting a talented ILB in the 2nd/3rd round would give us a leader to build our defense around. More quarterbacks are mobile, so we need guys who can swarm to the ball and make stops.

If this team can add 4-5 impact blue-chip talent to this year's team & combine them with a healthy roster next season, then things look very bright. I trust Grigson to do just that!

The recipe to ensure a superbowl:

1. Replace Pagano with Belichick

2. Replace rest of coordinators w/ Belichick's choice.

3. Sign AJ Green, Megatron, Jimmy Graham,

4. Sign Percy Harvin to Return Kicks

5. Sign the Seahawks Defense, and keep Mathis and Davis

6. Sign the Patriots offensive line (Healthy)

7. Sign Adrian Petrerson.

8. SIgn the 2nd best position player for every position as a backup.

this would not guarantee a super bowl