Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints cut four key players

MTC

At 32 Greer missed 8 games the last 2 years and had 25 passes defensed and 4 picks, Smith is a pure 4-3 end, Gallete made him replaceable and the Saints saved quite a bit of money doing it, I wont be surprised if they are forced to give up Ben Grubbs next

Don't need Harper when you have Kenny Vaccaro.  Jonathan Vilma hasn't done anything since Bountygate.  Greer is getting older and got injured.  Don't need Will Smith with Cameron Jordan and Junior Gallette.  Surprising they did this but I can see the reasons why.

We got a little bit of cash to maneuver with, no need to dumpster dive in February. I'd imagine almost every team is interested in who SF and SEA wont be able to re-sign.

Side note, do you think Taylor Mays is the fast single-high Safety type that could work for our scheme to keep LL in the box? Sort of like what ARI was trying with the Honey Badger. LL missed tackles coming up from too far back where the RB had too much room to make him miss. Keep him up like Kam or E Berry scraping the play like a true NFL head hunter. Just a thought.

None of them were "key players" except for Greer. When Greer broke his leg in the SF game, our secondary got rough and you could tell they were struggling. Losing him might be a problem.

I am so glad to see Roman Harper gone. This was long, long overdue. Worst Safety in the entire league. I'm sure everyone on the Saints forum is having fun bashing him now that he's gone, except for me who gets banned for calling him the worst safety in the league.

Vilma and Smith are far past their prime. This won't be a big loss at all especially since we did have a lot of sacks this past season thanks to new talent.

Goodbye Harper!!!!!!!