Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Tried To Trade Hughes, Got No Takers

bayone

Adam Schefter went on the ESPN Football Today podcast last Thursday and said that
prior to the NFL's trading deadline.

They got no takers

When the preseason ended, the
reportedly cut standout rusher
, who had played well, because so much money was wrapped up in
and, instead, went to the
. He was promoted to their active roster early in the year, and already has made an impact with 5 tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble.

The former-TCU pass rushing standout is
, not with his hand on the ground as a DE. He doesn't fit in here, and that's not necessarily his fault. The people in the front office are the ones who get paid to bring in the right players who work within the systems Indy utilizes.

Edited by bayone

Yet another huge mistake by polian,they continue to pile up.But as we finish with 1 or 0 wins lets give his a son control of the team.After all they have earned it.Irsay wake up.

Chris is the one who made the play for Ugoh. Chris Polian's rise in the organization coincides to bad drafting with the Colts.

A the slow and steady decline of this organization since Tony Dungy and longtime personnel guru Dom Anile left seems to have occurred

Perhaps Anile's skills as a talent evaluator were just as important, if not more important, than Bill's or his son Chris'.

It was Chris who was reported to have pushed Anile out the backdoor in 2009. The Colts called the firing a 'cost-cutting move,' which is ridiculous when you consider the Colts were estimated to be worth $1 billion in 2010.

Then-Colts writer John Oehser (now a writer at Jaguars.com) said that Anile was instrumental in the Colts draft room from 1998-2006. However, after '06, his role had been diminished while Chris Polian was moving up the ranks.

It was at that point, when Anile's role was reduced in the Colts War Room, that the Colts started busting first and second round draft picks on a regular basis

article is basically Polian Bashing , this was all I really took out of it & wonder about

.http://www.stampedeb...colts#storyjump

Besides that. All you have to do is to listen to the press conferences after the draft and they all talk about "Chris this and that."

Chris is the one who made the play for Ugoh. Chris Polian's rise in the organization coincides to bad drafting with the Colts.

Besides that. All you have to do is to listen to the press conferences after the draft and they all talk about "Chris this and that."

Some :censored: on another topic said i assume nepotism is a bad thing,thanks proves my case with the polian's.

The colts know how to draft players... dont kid yalls selves... look at Anthony Castonzo, nevis, delone, rucker has been playing well so far and ijalana is gonna turn into a good player... sooo yea i would say they can draft... its just the colts hit and miss just like every team does so get over it... however they need to keep drafting more defensive players in the early rounds.

The colts know how to draft players... dont kid yalls selves... look at Anthony Castonzo, nevis, delone, rucker has been playing well so far and ijalana is gonna turn into a good player... sooo yea i would say they can draft... its just the colts hit and miss just like every team does so get over it... however they need to keep drafting more defensive players in the early rounds.

We are talking about a 4-year trend of first round busts. Second, all the busts that we had looked fine their first year, but they never got better or got worse.

snapback.pngbayone, on 12 October 2011 - 05:50 AM, said:

A the slow and steady decline of this organization since Tony Dungy and longtime personnel guru Dom Anile left seems to have occurred

Perhaps Anile's skills as a talent evaluator were just as important, if not more important, than Bill's or his son Chris'.

It was Chris who was reported to have pushed Anile out the backdoor in 2009. The Colts called the firing a 'cost-cutting move,' which is ridiculous when you consider the Colts were estimated to be worth $1 billion in 2010.

Then-Colts writer John Oehser (now a writer at Jaguars.com) said that Anile was instrumental in the Colts draft room from 1998-2006. However, after '06, his role had been diminished while Chris Polian was moving up the ranks.

It was at that point, when Anile's role was reduced in the Colts War Room, that the Colts started busting first and second round draft picks on a regular basis

article is basically Polian Bashing , this was all I really took out of it & wonder about

.http://www.stampedeb...colts#storyjump

How u found my older stuff y u r good, I cant even navigate site so well

HAD TO give u a +1 for that , ,think that goes to that # score under your profile avatar / picture

Edited by bayone

We are talking about a 4-year trend of first round busts. Second, all the busts that we had looked fine their first year, but they never got better or got worse.

Thats not true either, the colts have only 3!!! picks that are 1st round picks... Gonzales got riddled with injuries so i give him a pass cause he was a good receiver and i believe he still is just cant stay healthy... Hughes never got the opportunity to play and you cant show anything in practice... tell me one game where hughes got extensive playing time? donald brown is a pretty good running back when there is holes... look at CJ2k he cant do nothing without good blocking, the colts are still inconsistent.

Thats not true either, the colts have only 3!!! picks that are 1st round picks... Gonzales got riddled with injuries so i give him a pass cause he was a good receiver and i believe he still is just cant stay healthy... Hughes never got the opportunity to play and you cant show anything in practice... tell me one game where hughes got extensive playing time? donald brown is a pretty good running back when there is holes... look at CJ2k he cant do nothing without good blocking, the colts are still inconsistent.

You are in denial. It is one thing to support the team's management but to ignore reality is troubling. Gonzales is a bust, if nothing else because he can't stay healthy. No NFL player get a "do over" either they play or they don't play. It is very telling when Gonzales was a healthy inactive AGAIN in Sunday's game versus the Titans and he has been a healthy inactive several times in the past. He is currently the lowest WR on the Colts chart. He is yet another first round bust.

Jerry Hughes is a huge bust and a waste of our 1st round pick. The guy simply cannot play NFL level football. He has not performed well in practice and certainly not in games. Did you see his missed block on the punt block? He has been a healthy inactive many times for a team that uses off the street players (Brayton and Anderson) as backup DEs. If he can't beat out these two stiffs for playing time, he doesn't deserve to be on the team.

Donald Brown is a lightweight, dance in the hole instead of being a straight ahead runner. He lacks the vision and power to avoid tackles and never break tackles.

Ask yourself the following question - would these first round busts (Hughes, Brown or Gonzales), all a product of the Polian genius factory, even make the roster of another NFL team?

Edited by Fatboyslim11

The Colts traded a first round pick for Ugoh because they had him graded as a first round talent and he busted.

Gonzo is a bust. Injuries do not preclude someone from the bust tag. Durability is a factor considered when drafting a player.

Hughes doesn't get to play because he sucks. The Colts do not need to put him on the field to show you what a bust he is.

Ask yourself the following question - would Hughes, Brown or Gonzales even make the roster of another NFL team?

The only reason that these guys are on the roster now is to give the appearance that they aren't total busts. It's a poor strategy that the front offices uses to look competent.

Edited by GoGoColts

I don't know HOW Donald Brown and Jerry Hughes looked good their first year. Many people were writing them up as busts after their first year but people ran to their defense and said give them a fair chance (which is correct).

But this was another impulse pick of Bill Polian. It was after the SB and I feel Bill Polian was bent on the fact that we lost the SB because of Dwight Freeney and him being handicapped by his injury...WHICH IS THE WRONG REASON WHY WE LOST THE SB. Bill Polian decided it would be best to find his replacement for the future now by drafting Hughes.

And what made me mad about this pick is that we could have drafted ROGER SAFFOLD OR DEXTER MCLUSTER, but nope, we draft a back up. Now I know people will come at with the "Well why draft Andrew Luck as back up?" question, well, because the most important position on our team is in jeopardy. At that time, Dwight had a injury that could pretty heal before next season without a problem. Peyton had an injury where he had to go outside of the country to use an illegal operation JUST to make progress (we still don't know where his progress is now).

I HATED this pick. And I guess now we can write down Jerry Hughes as a bust, seeing as no one wanted to take him off our hands.

Sorry fellas, but to me, this BPA approach really needs to stop. They say the BPA is Jerry Hughes in that draft... okay, I'll bite. But we have Freeney/Mathis. Did we really need to invest a 1st round selection in a tweener DE when we had a guy like Chick (and I believe a couple others) that were decent backups that could've finally made the 53 man roster with the absence of Dawson and some others.

Only point being that we had options at that pick that could've made a difference and impact immediately. Patrick Robinson for one. Rodger Saffold another. Brian Price could helped shore up the interior of our line that has long been needing a standout player to be on the field with Freeney and Mathis. There were options there that could've made an impact and seen field duty more frequently that a tweener DE that sits behind Freeney and Mathis.

Instead, we draft guys in the first round that are forced to sit behind legitimate starters. We don't draft guys that have a chance to beat out a scrapper and contribute right away.

You are in denial. It is one thing to support the team's management but to ignore reality is troubling. Gonzales is a bust, if nothing else because he can't stay healthy. No NFL player get a "do over" either they play or they don't play. It is very telling when Gonzales was a healthy inactive AGAIN in Sunday's game versus the Titans and he has been a healthy inactive several times in the past. He is currently the lowest WR on the Colts chart. He is yet another first round bust.

Jerry Hughes is a huge bust and a waste of our 1st round pick. The guy simply cannot play NFL level football. He has not performed well in practice and certainly not in games. Did you see his missed block on the punt block? He has been a healthy inactive many times for a team that uses off the street players (Brayton and Anderson) as backup DEs. If he can't beat out these two stiffs for playing time, he doesn't deserve to be on the team.

Donald Brown is a lightweight, dance in the hole instead of being a straight ahead runner. He lacks the vision and power to avoid tackles and never break tackles.

Ask yourself the following question - would these first round busts (Hughes, Brown or Gonzales), all a product of the Polian genius factory, even make the roster of another NFL team?

I dont think you know what your talking about, brown is a downhill runner.. he isnt not the dancing back... he see's a hole and he takes it.. if brown was on another team he would be the starter... the colts are a passing team hence they need a blocking RB and donald isnt that, ive seen donald at UConn and the guy does not dance.

Hughes was meant to be on a 3-4 team, its obvious the guy does not have any moves when it comes to pass rushing... the guy is a LB playing DE and he is out of position so yea i can bet if he was on another team he would produce... and how would he be able to beat brayton and anderson when they both can do play so many positions.

Gonzo may be a bust but if he was out on the field i think he would be producing, ugoh was never a 1st round pick talent.. ive never known a LT that ran track and i never felt like ugoh was worth a 2nd round pick.

The Colts traded a first round pick for Ugoh because they had him graded as a first round talent and he busted.

Gonzo is a bust. Injuries do not preclude someone from the bust tag. Durability is a factor considered when drafting a player.

Hughes doesn't get to play because he sucks. The Colts do not need to put him on the field to show you what a bust he is.

Since the colts do not put him on the field to prevent from showing what a bust he is then why are they playing donald brown?... the colts do not need hughes which is why they were trying to trade him and not cut him. I think actually think if Hughes was playing he would have developed into a really good player for the colts but he has freeney and mathis not to mention two versatile DE's infront of him which bring more to the table... the colts have talent there.... its not because he suck cause i can assure you he doesnt.

Since the colts do not put him on the field to prevent from showing what a bust he is then why are they playing donald brown?... the colts do not need hughes which is why they were trying to trade him and not cut him. I think actually think if Hughes was playing he would have developed into a really good player for the colts but he has freeney and mathis not to mention two versatile DE's infront of him which bring more to the table... the colts have talent there.... its not because he suck cause i can assure you he doesnt.

What in the world are you talking about? Seriously? Did you just start watching football this year? According to Polian, Jerry Hughes was drafted to be a quality 3rd pass rusher like what the Giants had with Osi Umenyiora, Michael Strahan, and Justin Tuck. Jerry Hughes was to work in rotation and be on the field at the same time with Freeney and Mathis.

Jerry Hughes is not on the field because he cannot beat out anyone to get onto the active roster. The trade was an attempt to get something out of a person who is otherwise a bust.

Donald Brown plays because he is decent, just not first round caliber.

Gonzales is a bust, if nothing else because he can't stay healthy.

There is no way to predict that a player with no history of injury in college is going to have constant injuries in the pros. If Gonzo had been injured in college and was still drafted in the first round then I would agree.

A bust is someone who should be able to perform at the pro level, but doesn't. Gonzo played very well for us his first two years and injuries cost him several years of development and have probably impacted his ability to perform, even though he is listed as healthy. Your way of judging "busts" would make Bob Sanders a bust even though he was defensive player of the year.

Ugoh, Hughes, Brown are different stories and clearly fit the definition of bust. I have great fear for our future because of what is beginning to appear as Bill Polian losing his insight on talent, primarily because he has pushed his son into a position he does not appear to be qualified for.

What gets me mad is that the colts lack creativity. If Jerry Hughes is a so called "outside linebacker" in a 3-4, then just let him play stand up DE in our defense... I mean how clueless can you be? It's not a matter of putting your hand on the ground, it's a matter of getting to the quarterback on passing plays and holding contain while fighting off blockers on running plays.

It's just a 4-3 that we run, who cares if the DE stands up of no. It doesn't matter!

Hmmm...great point, really. I would hope that indicates inexperience and "rookie" mistakes by Chris. He played his biggest part in the 2011 draft, which, injuries aside, was a good looking draft. Nevis, Carter, Costonzo and Ijalana all appear to be the future stars of our team.

I dont think you know what your talking about, brown is a downhill runner.. he isnt not the dancing back... he see's a hole and he takes it.. if brown was on another team he would be the starter... the colts are a passing team hence they need a blocking RB and donald isnt that, ive seen donald at UConn and the guy does not dance. Hughes was meant to be on a 3-4 team, its obvious the guy does not have any moves when it comes to pass rushing... the guy is a LB playing DE and he is out of position so yea i can bet if he was on another team he would produce... and how would he be able to beat brayton and anderson when they both can do play so many positions. Gonzo may be a bust but if he was out on the field i think he would be producing, ugoh was never a 1st round pick talent.. ive never known a LT that ran track and i never felt like ugoh was worth a 2nd round pick.

In other words - the front office screwed up because they drafted first round picks that didn't fit our system. So the guy might still be a good player, but he is a bust in our system. I would definitely blame the front office for that kind of failure to evaluate talent.

What in the world are you talking about? Seriously? Did you just start watching football this year? According to Polian, Jerry Hughes was drafted to be a quality 3rd pass rusher like what the Giants had with Osi Umenyiora, Michael Strahan, and Justin Tuck. Jerry Hughes was to work in rotation and be on the field at the same time with Freeney and Mathis.

Jerry Hughes is not on the field because he cannot beat out anyone to get onto the active roster. The trade was an attempt to get something out of a person who is otherwise a bust.

Donald Brown plays because he is decent, just not first round caliber.

Yea the colts are so talented at the defensive position that Jerry cant find a spot to play?.... the colts are doing exactly what they did to moala and kevin thomas earlier on in the season.. the ppl that evaluate these players have some serious issues.. hughes was in on some plays with freeney and mathis and that was only one play and that play they got really good pressure on the QB...

Where in the world would Jerry play.. he has two guys infront of him are do what he is suppose to do, with brayton and anderson playing the run and freeney and mathis playing the pass.. how is he suppose to get any play time with that?... they sure cant put him at DT... the guy is a 3-4 LB

There is no way to predict that a player with no history of injury in college is going to have constant injuries in the pros. If Gonzo had been injured in college and was still drafted in the first round then I would agree.

A bust is someone who should be able to perform at the pro level, but doesn't. Gonzo played very well for us his first two years and injuries cost him several years of development and have probably impacted his ability to perform, even though he is listed as healthy. Your way of judging "busts" would make Bob Sanders a bust even though he was defensive player of the year.

Ugoh, Hughes, Brown are different stories and clearly fit the definition of bust. I have great fear for our future because of what is beginning to appear as Bill Polian losing his insight on talent, primarily because he has pushed his son into a position he does not appear to be qualified for.

I still believe Gonzo is a bust because the bottom line is he is not playing and performing in accordance with a 1st pick. Everything else is an excuse. Gonzo is being judged on his production (or lack thereof) strictly on the basis of him being a 1st round draft choice. The NFL is a bottom line business and either you perform or you don't. He does not get a pass because he is injury prone. Also, Gonzo has been made a healthy inactive serveral times. This is very telling - even Caldwell in't so slow that he would not play a 1st rounder that could actually improve the team.

What gets me mad is that the colts lack creativity. If Jerry Hughes is a so called "outside linebacker" in a 3-4, then just let him play stand up DE in our defense... I mean how clueless can you be? It's not a matter of putting your hand on the ground, it's a matter of getting to the quarterback on passing plays and holding contain while fighting off blockers on running plays.

It's just a 4-3 that we run, who cares if the DE stands up of no. It doesn't matter!

Its not that easy.. in the 3-4 you dont know whos coming... in the 4-3 you have a pretty good idea of who is

I hope you're right about this last draft class.... sure, they look promising, but there's no way in the world anyone can predict how good they'll be after half a season.

I'll give Chris Polian credit for addressing positions we needed back on Draft Day.... but these guys in no way atone for 3 crummy first rounders in a row plus Ugoh in their rookie season.

Edited by pacolts56

I dont think you know what your talking about, brown is a downhill runner.. he isnt not the dancing back... he see's a hole and he takes it.. if brown was on another team he would be the starter... the colts are a passing team hence they need a blocking RB and donald isnt that, ive seen donald at UConn and the guy does not dance.

Hughes was meant to be on a 3-4 team, its obvious the guy does not have any moves when it comes to pass rushing... the guy is a LB playing DE and he is out of position so yea i can bet if he was on another team he would produce... and how would he be able to beat brayton and anderson when they both can do play so many positions.

Gonzo may be a bust but if he was out on the field i think he would be producing, ugoh was never a 1st round pick talent.. ive never known a LT that ran track and i never felt like ugoh was worth a 2nd round pick.

Funny, I come to the conclusion when I read your post. Donald Brown is a slasher, dance in the hole runner. Did you not see his play on the second and short in the second half of the Titans game? He took the handoff, stopped and tried to stutter step into the hole. Of course he was stopped short and the CBS cameras caught Caldwell, for one of the few times in history getting mad and yelled at Brown for his running style. Brown tried to run straight ahead on the td run but I believe it was more so because of the tongue lashing from Caldwell rather than he suddenly becoming a downhill runner. Brown is too light and goes down far too easily to ever be considered a downhill runner.

Hughes is a bust. He was drafted as a DE for the Colts scheme and has failed miserably. He can't beat out stiffs for any playing time at the DE position, If he is as you say a LB for a 3-4 scheme, why in the heck did Polian draft him as a DE?

Bottom line on Gonzo he has NOT been on the field nor is he producing as a WR. You can't make the club if you are always in the (training) tub.

Some :censored: on another topic said i assume nepotism is a bad thing,thanks proves my case with the polian's.

Big words on the internet from the couch in your mom's basement.

Besides, that isn't what I said. I stated that people use the word nepotism as if it's ALWAYS a bad thing. They associate it with a negative connotation based on the misguided sociological viewpoint taught in our crappy education system.

Most people don't know it's application, or they use it when it doesn't apply. You did that very thing. You simply assumed that an heir selected via family tree is automatically bad ju-ju, despite the subject at hand being completely unrelated. It is also possible that Chris Polian worked his tailed off to get to where he is and actually earned the spot in the eyes of the FO. Crazy, I know, but sometimes that is possible.

Its not that easy.. in the 3-4 you dont know whos coming... in the 4-3 you have a pretty good idea of who is

Sorry to the people who don't like all caps.

IT DOESN'T FRIEKING MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see, we play this thing called a 4-3 defense. There are 2 DT's lined up in the middle and 2 DE's lined up on the edges. These DE's are supposed to get after the quarterback and to generate a pass rush on passing plays and they are supposed to keep their contain and to fight off blockers on running plays. Usually they are lined up with their hand on the ground, but that is just to get leverage and to shoot off the line of scrimmage at the snap. Some players however, are better at rushing the passer from a stand up positition. It doesn't make a difference if Dwight Freeney or Robert Mathis or Jerry Hughes are playing with a hand on the ground or standing up, just as long as they do their job.

Don't get to involved with the technicalities of what a 3-4 or a 4-3 is. Sorry for yelling, but I just wanted to get that point across.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

I believe Donald Brown is still a good running back, he's just not the primary back everyone thought he would be. Instead of pushing a square peg into a round hole, I wish our coaches would utilize the players to their strengths. Donald Brown needs better blocking upfront to run between the tackles. I think we should use him like Reggie Bush was used in New Orleans (swing passes in the flat, the stretch play, etc). Jerry Hughes should be moved into LB hybrid in the mold of Urlacher (not saying he's as good as him), but let him use his speed in blitz packages, so opposing QBs don't have enough time to pick apart our DBs. Speaking of blitzes, I thought Coyer was brought here to be more aggressive, what happened??? Gonzalez is a bust, in the same regard Bob Sanders was a bust! I know Sanders was DPOY (yada, yada, yada), but he was injured WAY TOO much to be worth his contract.

Sorry to the people who don't like all caps.

IT DOESN'T FRIEKING MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see, we play this thing called a 4-3 defense. There are 2 DT's lined up in the middle and 2 DE's lined up on the edges. These DE's are supposed to get after the quarterback and to generate a pass rush on passing plays and they are supposed to keep their contain and to fight off blockers on running plays. Usually they are lined up with their hand on the ground, but that is just to get leverage and to shoot off the line of scrimmage at the snap. Some players however, are better at rushing the passer from a stand up positition. It doesn't make a difference if Dwight Freeney or Robert Mathis or Jerry Hughes are playing with a hand on the ground or standing up, just as long as they do their job.

Don't get to involved with the technicalities of what a 3-4 or a 4-3 is. Sorry for yelling, but I just wanted to get that point across.

Lol... you should respect the 3-4 because its a much more complicated defense because dont know which LB is coming... best example is the 1986 Giants defense... they ran a 3-4 and look at how LT was.. you didnt know where he was gonna come from... there are oline shifts and all that to take in.. so yea i would say the scheme does make a difference... if it didnt freeney and mathis would be more successful.

And your wrong the colts DE's like freeney and mathis dont play the pass like that.. they play pass and pummel the runner on their way to the QB... at least that the mantra.

I know it's a lot to ask, considering our strength and conditioning coaches, but why doesn't Hughes put on 10 - 15 lbs of muscle and then try DE. He was listed at 255 last year and listed at 255 this year. I thought rookies were supposed to get stronger in the NFL. He hasn't added any weight since he got here.

I believe Donald Brown is still a good running back, he's just not the primary back everyone thought he would be. Instead of pushing a square peg into a round hole, I wish our coaches would utilize the players to their strengths. Donald Brown needs better blocking upfront to run between the tackles. I think we should use him like Reggie Bush was used in New Orleans (swing passes in the flat, the stretch play, etc). Jerry Hughes should be moved into LB hybrid in the mold of Urlacher (not saying he's as good as him), but let him use his speed in blitz packages, so opposing QBs don't have enough time to pick apart our DBs. Speaking of blitzes, I thought Coyer was brought here to be more aggressive, what happened??? Gonzalez is a bust, in the same regard Bob Sanders was a bust! I know Sanders was DPOY (yada, yada, yada), but he was injured WAY TOO much to be worth his contract.

Yeah, he's a FIRST ROUND THIRD STRING running back.

Lol... you should respect the 3-4 because its a much more complicated defense because dont know which LB is coming... best example is the 1986 Giants defense... they ran a 3-4 and look at how LT was.. you didnt know where he was gonna come from... there are oline shifts and all that to take in.. so yea i would say the scheme does make a difference... if it didnt freeney and mathis would be more successful.

And your wrong the colts DE's like freeney and mathis dont play the pass like that.. they play pass and pummel the runner on their way to the QB... at least that the mantra.

Sorry dude, you are clueless to what I am saying. This is not about the 3-4. I'll say it 50 times so you can get it through you head. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4. This is not about the 3-4... Okay that should be enough.

Now I'll emphasize my other point. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3. We run a 4-3.

I don't understand why you're trying to argue with me about how good the 3-4 is and how "you don't know who is coming." Are you even responding to me???

I'm talking about the 4-3 defense, you know with 2 DE's right? Now what I'm saying is instead of Hughes putting his hand on the ground like a normal DE, he should just be a standing up DE if he is better standing up. Not a 3-4 OLB because we don't run a 3-4! We run a 4-3 defense and Jerry Hughes would be a defensive end who is standing up!

If you don't understand this then... I don't think you are reading the right post.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

I add Ugoh, we traded a first round pick for him as Polian said hg he was first round worthy