Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wanted: A Playmaker On Defense

GoColts8818

The Colts have now gone 5 1/2 games without a turnover on defense. We had a similar stretch after the Bengals games last year. It has become painfully clear we just do not have enough play makers on defense.

We are probably going to take a QB high because even if we don't get Luck I think Polian is going to pull the trigger on one of the other talented QBs that are supposed to be in this draft. After that we have to start finding play makers on defense namely at the cornerback poistion. We need a guard or center at some point in this draft but that can be a later round pick but after that I would draft the best LSU or Alabama defender on the board every round.

It's also worth pointing out Larry Coyer HAS to go. If no other coaching changes are made (and I don't think Coyer is going to be the only one) he is the one that must go. If we make a change at the DC spot and for whatever reason don't fire Caldwell I think we should find a former NFL head coach who knows defense to come in and coach the defense becuase it's clear Caldwell has little to nothing to do with it.

The Colts have now gone 5 1/2 games without a turnover on defense. We had a similar stretch after the Bengals games last year. It has become painfully clear we just do not have enough play makers on defense.

We are probably going to take a QB high because even if we don't get Luck I think Polian is going to pull the trigger on one of the other talented QBs that are supposed to be in this draft. After that we have to start finding play makers on defense namely at the cornerback poistion. We need a guard or center at some point in this draft but that can be a later round pick but after that I would draft the best LSU or Alabama defender on the board every round.

It's also worth pointing out Larry Coyer HAS to go. If no other coaching changes are made (and I don't think Coyer is going to be the only one) he is the one that must go. If we make a change at the DC spot and for whatever reason don't fire Caldwell I think we should find a former NFL head coach who knows defense to come in and coach the defense becuase it's clear Caldwell has little to nothing to do with it.

I don't think you can go too far wrong by drafting only SEC players on defense.

Morris Claiborne? He could be good if he drops to the 2nd round, but he probably won't.

You forget that we have 2 playmakers on the line, but they have been quiet recently... and all they need is that one game to wake up.

Our defense wasn't bad this game, but wasn't good enough to get us the win.

I guess that'd fall on the offense too.

5 1/2 games without a turnover, that's why I am looking for a playmaker on defense that's a problem that goes beyond this game. Heck it goes beyond this season. We had a similar stretch like this last year after the Bengals game. You can't win in this league without getting turnovers on defense.

Our defense wasn't bad this game, but wasn't good enough to get us the win.

I guess that'd fall on the offense too.

No picks, no turnovers, only one sack.. I'd say that our D was bad this game! I just hope we can get some good defensive picks in the draft and poach a good FA safety or CB this off-season.

5 1/2 games without a turnover, that's why I am looking for a playmaker on defense that's a problem that goes beyond this game. Heck it goes beyond this season. We had a similar stretch like this last year after the Bengals game. You can't win in this league without getting turnovers on defense.

Oh, I'm agreeing with you. Don't get me wrong. We need a playmaker to cause turnovers to get our offense a chance.

I like Angerer, but I think we still need a Lewis, Urlacher type linebacker

Give Angry Pat a little credit...he has dramatically improved since last year and has a very good chance to turn into that type of player for us. He just might be the career MLB that the Colts have been looking for since Bickett was in town, if they don't get rid of him first lol.

I like Angerer, but I think we still need a Lewis, Urlacher type linebacker

We need another linebcker because I don't think Wheeler is a long term starter in the NFL but frankly Angerer and Conner is who I would build the defense around for the future along with Nevis and Bethea

Note Freeney needs to and will stay but he's starting to get up there a little bit in age.