Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Change Now!

LUVTHESHOE

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 0-8 why make changes now??? To go from 1st or 2nd pick to 5th?? Keep rollingout this garbage, I have lived through the 1-15 season, an 0-16 season would be pretty terrible but at least it will put the spotlight on the front office's inability to construct a competitive team outside of Manning and give us a shot at the top pick. Ride it out, make the changes in the off season, if there was going to be some change at the top it should have happened before the season got flushed. This current group of so called coaches will ensure us an heir apparent to Manning AND highlight the failings of the front office. So hopefully we can get the top pick AND a competent staff from top to bottom this off season.

Manning was carrying the team.

Exactly.

Now, Peyton is not going to be playing for much longer, which makes it all the more important that we have a coaching staff that is up to the task. The next QB we have will most likely not be anywhere near the caliber of Manning, do we really want this coaching staff to stay knowing this? Caldwell and crew are clearly incapable of coaching a team that has an average to below average QB behind center. Get rid of the coaching staff now.

@LUVTHESHOE..........Since these are the same group of bozos that paid $4 million to Kerry Collins to come visit us this season, I can assure you that no one on the coaching staff will be fired tomorrow. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like the assistant equipment manager get the hook, just to make it look like they're capable of making changes. Unfortunately, it appears that Caldwell and Polian (and the fruit of his loins) are joined at the hip and won't be leaving until at least this season is painfully over.

I'm asking you as a fellow suffering Colts' fan to please reconsider your decision to leave the forum if no coaches are fired tomorrow. I very much enjoy reading your posts, and I'm willing to bet that most of the other people on this forum feel the same way. I know EXACTLY how you felt when you posted it, but as a favor to all of us that enjoy insightful and witty posts, please hang with us until Irsay comes to his senses and cleans house.....................

Did Caldwell throw the interceptions? I ask, because that was really the difference today.

Maybe it was a bad play call, but they looked like bad throws to me. That's not coaching, that's on Painter.

Is it Caldwell's fault the o-line is banged up worse than usual?

I'm asking not because I defend Caldwell, but people will blame anything and anyone they can for something the have no clue about.

Did Caldwell throw the interceptions? I ask, because that was really the difference today.

Maybe it was a bad play call, but they looked like bad throws to me. That's not coaching, that's on Painter.

I'm asking not because I defend Caldwell, but people will blame anything and anyone they can for something the have no clue about.

Is that you Jim??? You defend this guy like it's your job. Of your 800+ posts how many are spent defending this hapless coach?? 799?? Caldwell isn't HC material w/o Manning dragging and carrying this dumpster fire of a team. No, everything isn't his fault but being in charge of possibly the worst Colts team fielded for a season in franchise history does seem to tarnish one's rep, and his game management skills have not instilled confidence to the masses either. This guy was a mistake, they brought him into the position to try and emulate Dungy's presence, guess what, it hasn't worked.

Now the difference I see in these games is that the offense struggles to move the ball and score points, the defense struggles to get off the field and keep the opposition out of the endzone and the special teams are the absolute worst in the league, and maybe the worst historically as well. So really I see all 3 phases of the game failing miserably, and guess what, the execution is getting worse as the season progresses. Who does that ultimately fall on??

http://www.colts.com...55-513ac51591be

I understand that people are frustrated. I am too. I guess when I listen to this guy speak - as he too is showing frustration - I don't see the puppet everyone talks about. No one is telling him what to say here, he's not trying to put a positive spin on everything, and he isn't just giving the safe answer. He looks agitated, though sounds intelligent, and is completely aware of what's going on throughout the game. Sounds like he's trying to make adjustments, but we aren't executing and/or we are too short on personnel right now.

I'm not on the Pro-Caldwell train, or anything, but I feel as though some of the hatred for the man is just baseless, immature, and misguided.

We were able to stop the run today (proof of practice adjustments), but then our offense couldn't move. When our offense started moving (proof of in-game adjustments), we had penalties and turnovers. That's not on the coaches.

Right now, the coaches and the players are ten times more frustrated than the fans, and they see what we can't see. Unlike us, they are actually living it; our delusional sense of fulfillment is simply hampered by it.

Edited by doogansquest

http://www.colts.com...55-513ac51591be

I understand that people are frustrated. I am too. I guess when I listen to this guy speak - as he too is showing frustration - I don't see the puppet everyone talks about. No one is telling him what to say here, he's not trying to put a positive spin on everything, and he isn't just giving the safe answer. He looks agitated, though sounds intelligent, and is completely aware of what's going on throughout the game. Sounds like he's trying to make adjustments, but we aren't executing and/or we are too short on personnel right now.

I'm not on the Pro-Caldwell train, or anything, but I feel as though some of the hatred for the man is just baseless, immature, and misguided.

We were able to stop the run today (proof of practice adjustments), but then our offense couldn't move. When our offense started moving (proof of in-game adjustments), we had penalties and turnovers. That's not on the coaches.

Right now, the coaches and the players are ten times more frustrated than the fans, and they see what we can't see. Unlike us, they are actually living it; our delusional sense of fulfillment is simply hampered by it.

I would have to say that if they weren't frustrated it would be time to find a new line of work. It's past time for these players to take a long hard look in the mirror as to why so many supposed pro bowlers cannot muster a single freaking win. As much as it pains me to watch him on the sidelines I am totally against a mid season coach shakeup. We ride him out the remainder of the year and tolerate the "obviously" over matched HC of the Colts and hope for a better coach next year and more importantly for the healthy return of the GOAT. This staff is going to put us into great draft position so why screw up the only positive thing this season is bringing us? BUT to dedicate so much effort in his defense has to be a fruitless task. Why not accept him for what he is, and if not, well I guess the old saying goes "ignorance is bliss".

Caldwell and this coaching staff are just plain horrible, remember the year after the superbowl loss we started getting worse and worse even with Peyton. This staff and FO lost the locker room when we hauled the players from there chance for a perfect season and it has been going downhill since. The only reason we have Caldwell is Tony Dungy. This organization needs to wake up and the Polians need to understand that we need quality coaching whether that takes a little power away from them or not that is what this team needs, we do have some talent but we have as I have said before and will say again "THE WORST COACHING STAFF IN THE LEAGUE". We lose one player and cant win a game that is coaching not talent same as in Miami.

WAKE UP IRSAY, and POLIANS please wake up

Dude..i totally agree with ur take..ever since we gave up on perfect season...been downhill since.....At the time i was cool with them resting and getting guys healthy....but hindsighting it now.....what u say is truth...WE WERE ON A ROLL...and in the NFL....IF U GOT THAT GOING..YOU KEEP ON KEEPIN ON...YOU DONT INTERRUPTSOMETHING THAT IS FLOWING.....and we did just that...and even better...we interrupted the flow for those GREEN * from NY!!!...OF all teams..those %#&%#'s.....We shouldve been xtra hungry that game..mopped the field with those green *..AND again....not interrupting the good flow we had going... Anyway..xcellent call bud....glad u mentioned it... Caldwell has got to hit the bricks after this yr....Hes a total FUDHEAD...tries to have T Dungys calm demeanor..and his kinda wicked serious look on his face..and u know he aint playin....and hes been a bafoon in my book...bad choice for coach.... MY opinion to fill his spot...would love to see CHUCKY come here..likes thought of that....B Billick would b a good candidate as well....Would really love to have "The Chin"...but i think hes diggin analyzing..home for weekends..so.. stay tuned..

I'm still trying to comprehend what anyone sees in Caldwell that merits keeping him around? He's and his staff have done zero, ZERO, to improve this team since Dungy left. ZERO! The wins that came after D left were solely due to Peyton Manning, and this season is the absolute, undeniable proof.

Caldwell and his staff are dead weight, and need to be jettisoned as quickly as possible so that the Colts can start the upward climb again. If we don't get rid of him, this season is going to be our future.

So, Caldwell lovers, I've asked before, and I'll ask it again. What has he done that we want more of? (And don't give me the same old crap about the wins and Superbowl, and such...That was Peyton, not Caldwell)

Edited by sfergson727

Scenario: Manning comes back in game #14 of this year: Both of the two games are down to the wire: Manning throws game winning touchdowns in both games giving the Colts a 2-14 record. The Problem: Now the Colts miss the first draft choice (Luck). Manning is fed to the beasts because he cost the Colts the opportunity to get Luck and trade him for a bundle of starting players and high draft choices. What would your thoughts be should this ever happen? Let's say it's possible and now the discussions nationwide are "should they even consider putting manning in knowing he could win. If they don't, are they "rigging" the games? "The name of the game is winning" as we have heard one million times but is it?

When is this team ever healthy?

My friend....I gotta tell ya that injuries are all over the league. We cant use the injury crutch like others would like to. Bill Belichik went 11-5 when Brady went down. Packers won the frigging SB with 13 starters on IR. We are no exception....except for a super nice guy that plays a horrible head coach for our beloved Colts!

Coaching changes must be a #1 priority for Polian and Irsay. There is no excuse for this type of

horrid play from professional football players, unless it is a coaching problem.

The Caldwell experiment has to end ASAP. I don't want to hear any apologists for Caldwell for

the multiple injuries on the team or any other excuse anyone can come up with, because this

team is flat *ed poorly coached!!!!!

Enough is too much, please mr. irsay, make any change. this team is far from as bad as record states. if this special team coach is on this staff tomorrow, shame on you.CALDWELL MUSTGO. if no coach is fired this week i am off the forum, which i know is a blessing to much of you, but i am a TRUE FAN. no more money on this staff will come out of my pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually you are not a "true fan" you are what those in the know call a band wagon fan, someone who only supports the team when they win. Please don't hurt yourself jumping off and see ya later...

Is that you Jim??? You defend this guy like it's your job. Of your 800+ posts how many are spent defending this hapless coach?? 799?? Caldwell isn't HC material w/o Manning dragging and carrying this dumpster fire of a team. No, everything isn't his fault but being in charge of possibly the worst Colts team fielded for a season in franchise history does seem to tarnish one's rep, and his game management skills have not instilled confidence to the masses either. This guy was a mistake, they brought him into the position to try and emulate Dungy's presence, guess what, it hasn't worked.

Now the difference I see in these games is that the offense struggles to move the ball and score points, the defense struggles to get off the field and keep the opposition out of the endzone and the special teams are the absolute worst in the league, and maybe the worst historically as well. So really I see all 3 phases of the game failing miserably, and guess what, the execution is getting worse as the season progresses. Who does that ultimately fall on??

Why is it when anyone here points out legit issues with the performance of the players that some here go after them as being "Caldwell" or fans of Caldwell and so on. I watched the game yesterday and I have a couple of issues with the decisions of the coaching staff, but I have more issues with the inability of the players to do their job. Right now for me it's about 60% poor play by the players and 40% bad decisions by the coaches.

I'm still trying to comprehend what anyone sees in Caldwell that merits keeping him around? He's and his staff have done zero, ZERO, to improve this team since Dungy left. ZERO! The wins that came after D left were solely due to Peyton Manning, and this season is the absolute, undeniable proof.

Caldwell and his staff are dead weight, and need to be jettisoned as quickly as possible so that the Colts can start the upward climb again. If we don't get rid of him, this season is going to be our future.

So, Caldwell lovers, I've asked before, and I'll ask it again. What has he done that we want more of? (And don't give me the same old crap about the wins and Superbowl, and such...That was Peyton, not Caldwell)

Exactly what haven't they done that you feel they should have? The coaches have input on the draft, but not final call. They work with the GM to put the roster together. The team was built around 1 player, not just the offense but the style of defense was also built of of X expectations coming from your offense. For a decade not 1 fan I am willing to bet had an issue with that plan, now that we are in the position we are in due to that 1 player not playing everyone has their undies in a bunch...

Coaching changes must be a #1 priority for Polian and Irsay. There is no excuse for this type of

horrid play from professional football players, unless it is a coaching problem.

The Caldwell experiment has to end ASAP. I don't want to hear any apologists for Caldwell for

the multiple injuries on the team or any other excuse anyone can come up with, because this

team is flat *ed poorly coached!!!!!

Okay, how would you coach them or do differently then what is happening now? You have the same players how do you get the offense to be more effective?

Why is it when anyone here points out legit issues with the performance of the players that some here go after them as being "Caldwell" or fans of Caldwell and so on. I watched the game yesterday and I have a couple of issues with the decisions of the coaching staff, but I have more issues with the inability of the players to do their job. Right now for me it's about 60% poor play by the players and 40% bad decisions by the coaches.

Offensively, I'll give you 50/50 responsibility on players/coaching. Defensively I'd put it a 75/25 with coaching taking the bulk of the blame

Exactly what haven't they done that you feel they should have? The coaches have input on the draft, but not final call. They work with the GM to put the roster together. The team was built around 1 player, not just the offense but the style of defense was also built of of X expectations coming from your offense. For a decade not 1 fan I am willing to bet had an issue with that plan, now that we are in the position we are in due to that 1 player not playing everyone has their undies in a bunch...

How about active adjustments to what the opponet is doing? Halftime adjustments or otherwise. How about inspired play? Special Teams? Defense schemes? All of these have fallen by the wayside since Caldwell took over. Need more? How about missed opportunities by bad choices in challenges. Time outs? Aggressive play calling?

When our offense started moving (proof of in-game adjustments), we had penalties and turnovers. That's not on the coaches.

Sorry but the excessive number of penalties are a result of lack of discipline which has everything to do with coaching.

Edited by Coltsman1788

Okay, how would you coach them or do differently then what is happening now? You have the same players how do you get the offense to be more effective?

Colt's football has slowly regressed since the departure of Dungy and there is no end in sight with the demise of the franchise

under the oversight of Caldwell. Poor gameplans, coaching decisions and horrid play from the O,D and special teams

are directly pointed at the inability to direct a winning team in the NFL.

Other facets of the game that reflect on the Coaching staff are penalties, inability of the defense to get off the field and the

offense to sustain drives to get into scoring position. This team has cashed it in because Caldwell couldn't lead a duck to

water!

The record at the end of the year will back up my assumption of the coaching job that is being done on the sideline.

This is the 5 or 6 game this season where you referenced 1 play as the reason the Colts have lost.

You always come in treading water and holding the "I'm not for or against" flag for anything Colts related.

This team is 0-8. Painter can't average 17pts a game with 30 possessions. Caldwells approach to game planning and management are both abysmal. And Polian has left a massive talent gap in this roster. All points virtually unarguable.

And what Spags did to Payton this week shows a considerable gap between an avg team with good planning, and an average team with bad planning. Which falls directly in Caldwell.

How about active adjustments to what the opponet is doing? Halftime adjustments or otherwise. How about inspired play? Special Teams? Defense schemes? All of these have fallen by the wayside since Caldwell took over. Need more? How about missed opportunities by bad choices in challenges. Time outs? Aggressive play calling?

Have you been in the locker room at half time to see that no changes have occured? Inspired play? Is that like having your "game face on"? Our special teams have bit butt for how many years?

Colt's football has slowly regressed since the departure of Dungy and there is no end in sight with the demise of the franchise

under the oversight of Caldwell. Poor gameplans, coaching decisions and horrid play from the O,D and special teams

are directly pointed at the inability to direct a winning team in the NFL.

Other facets of the game that reflect on the Coaching staff are penalties, inability of the defense to get off the field and the

offense to sustain drives to get into scoring position. This team has cashed it in because Caldwell couldn't lead a duck to

water!

The record at the end of the year will back up my assumption of the coaching job that is being done on the sideline.

So at no point it's the fault of the players? The same players who went 14-2 and 10-5 the last two seasons?

since obviously your deffending caldwell what "coaching" skills does he have to improve the team with? what is his skill set as a head coach to help the team win?

keeping caldwell around after this season is a slap in the face of any football fan. even when jim mora years he had here has a better overall record then caldwell and he had one bad 6-10 year and they canned him quickly. thats because he lost the team which caldwell has done and the team was unresponsive to the coaching which has happend with caldwell. i think its time to cut our loses and run away from caldwell and his staff

keeping caldwell around after this season is a slap in the face of any football fan. even when jim mora years he had here has a better overall record then caldwell and he had one bad 6-10 year and they canned him quickly. thats because he lost the team which caldwell has done and the team was unresponsive to the coaching which has happend with caldwell. i think its time to cut our loses and run away from caldwell and his staff

No they fired Mora because he refused to make changes in his staff. If Caldwell also refuses to make those changes then he will be fired also, but I don't see Caldwell doing that. And this idea that if Caldwell comes back next year is a "Slap in the face of any football fan" is down right laughable...

The players should be held accountable in practice by there head coach. Check back next week to see if that's the case.

Yes it's up to the coach, but within the structure of the NFL, you have limited options if player X isn't performing.