Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paintervision

John Waylon

This isn't Peyton time, this is a below average team with a backup QB time.

Fixed that for ya.

None the less he's a good QB, the colts have their own mini tebow who can throw with accuracy and run... i could imagine peyton being back there and taking those sacks in that situation.

None the less he's a good QB, the colts have their own mini tebow who can throw with accuracy and run... i could imagine peyton being back there and taking those sacks in that situation.

Lol you make me laugh dude. You gotta be about the only Painter fan here. At least Tebow can win a game in the NFL. And putting Painter in the same sentence as accuracy...just wow.

Lol you make me laugh dude. You gotta be about the only Painter fan here. At least Tebow can win a game in the NFL. And putting Painter in the same sentence as accuracy...just wow.

.............. did you see the dolphins game with tebow? he was not accurate at all... and yes i would put money that painter is the better QB when it comes to comparing him to tebow... tebow has a team that can keep him in a game... the colts dont have that.

.............. did you see the dolphins game with tebow? he was not accurate at all... and yes i would put money that painter is the better QB when it comes to comparing him to tebow... tebow has a team that can keep him in a game... the colts dont have that.

I'm not a Tebow fan at all, but the fact of the matter is he still led his team to a win. Have you seen any Broncos games? They are just about as bad as us this year. At this point I highly doubt Painter could lead us to a win even against Miami.

I give you credit for sticking to your guns, I just think they're full of blanks :hide:

I'm not a Tebow fan at all, but the fact of the matter is he still led his team to a win. Have you seen any Broncos games? They are just about as bad as us this year. At this point I highly doubt Painter could lead us to a win even against Miami.

I give you credit for sticking to your guns, I just think they're full of blanks :hide:

That win was against the dolphins, but the fact of the matter is tebow is not that good at all when it comes to throwing yet and yes i have seen some broncos games... he did make some good throws no doubt the guy has skills but the reason they won was because of their defense in that game... obviously they are looking horrible against the lions not but thats another story.

Point blank, Painter will be a good backup in the future for us.

I think he's gone next year. His hit is only 587,750 in 2012, we're definitely taking a QB in the draft (Luck or not), Peyton's coming back.....I don't see how a pedestrian QB like Painter fits in?

That win was against the dolphins, but the fact of the matter is tebow is not that good at all when it comes to throwing yet and yes i have seen some broncos games... he did make some good throws no doubt the guy has skills but the reason they won was because of their defense in that game... obviously they are looking horrible against the lions not but thats another story.

Ya that game was against the dolphins but do you honestly think Painter could have led us to win against them?

I guess our difference here is this. I have ZERO confidence in Painter to lead this team to a win this year. I think that he is a below average QB and no better than a 3rd backup or practice squad guy at best. You seem to think he can take us to a Superbowl. I will respectfully agree to disagree with you on that point good sir.

We both obviously have different opinions on the guy and you know what they say about opinions rotflmao

I think he's gone next year. His hit is only 587,750 in 2012, we're definitely taking a QB in the draft (Luck or not), Peyton's coming back.....I don't see how a pedestrian QB like Painter fits in?

I agree. How much confidence did the Colts have in him in the first place when they resurrected Collins from the dead to start instead of Painter?

Sorry, there is NO WAY this team practiced this week. Did you SEE this game. I say they didn't practice. not one minute.

Yeah, I'm sure Polian and Irsay would allow a team in our position with a coaching staff under the fire they should be to not practice...

I bet next you'll be telling us we only played with 10 men on the field all day... :facepalm:

Its not all Painter's fault. The O line does not know how to block. And all of the receiver's can not catch a football. In the end Painter had enough and decided to run it himself. That's how bad we are. Then there is Caldwell, he does not know how to Coach a Football Team. He makes 0.0 adjustments and call a simple play. If I was Irsay I would fire Caldwell, and all of the Coaching staff. And i would start looking at Bill Cowher, and Jon Gruden. Then i would start from there. Its time for a change for the Colts.

Ya that game was against the dolphins but do you honestly think Painter could have led us to win against them?

I guess our difference here is this. I have ZERO confidence in Painter to lead this team to a win this year. I think that he is a below average QB and no better than a 3rd backup or practice squad guy at best. You seem to think he can take us to a Superbowl. I will respectfully agree to disagree with you on that point good sir.

We both obviously have different opinions on the guy and you know what they say about opinions rotflmao

Well it dont matter what ppls opinion is, fact is the guy is a good tough QB... the colts suck all around this year and painter has been one of the few bright spots... i can assure you if some of the passes were caught or not deflected by titan defenders ppl here would be singing a whole different tune.. thats for sure.

Yeah, I'm sure Polian and Irsay would allow a team in our position with a coaching staff under the fire they should be to not practice...

I bet next you'll be telling us we only played with 10 men on the field all day... :facepalm:

Gotcha....

They played with only 10 men on the field ? ?

Well it dont matter what ppls opinion is, fact is the guy is a good tough QB... the colts suck all around this year and painter has been one of the few bright spots... i can assure you if some of the passes were caught or not deflected by titan defenders ppl here would be singing a whole different tune.. thats for sure.

You are aware that it is a QBs job to throw the ball where it won't get deflected, right? A QB has to be able to compensate, and Painter can't at all. When he had time, he was indecisive and started to get happy feet. It's not all Painter's fault, but you're being almost blatantly dishonest if you think Painter is not as responsible as anyone else. He underthrows passes, especially in the flat. The line played bad, no doubt, but Painter didn't do much better when he had time.

You are aware that it is a QBs job to throw the ball where it won't get deflected, right? A QB has to be able to compensate, and Painter can't at all. When he had time, he was indecisive and started to get happy feet. It's not all Painter's fault, but you're being almost blatantly dishonest if you think Painter is not as responsible as anyone else. He underthrows passes, especially in the flat. The line played bad, no doubt, but Painter didn't do much better when he had time.

Its the QB's job to get the ball to the receiver not doge balls... he doesnt know if they are going to put their hands up or not... if you actually thought about trajectory you wouldnt ask him to throw the ball higher because that would lead to balls that sail and more INT's... it was not painters fault when it came to the INT's they were batted.. he cant help that at all, that hasnt happened in the past games painter has played so why would it be his fault now.. it was good plays by the defensive players and thats all it was.. the titans had continuous pressure on painter causing him to make quicker reads... painter isnt manning with the insurmountable time with his WR's the guy is getting better and he is showing that with his resilience and toughness.

Its the QB's job to get the ball to the receiver not doge balls... he doesnt know if they are going to put their hands up or not... if you actually thought about trajectory you wouldnt ask him to throw the ball higher because that would lead to balls that sail and more INT's... it was not painters fault when it came to the INT's they were batted.. he cant help that at all, that hasnt happened in the past games painter has played so why would it be his fault now.. it was good plays by the defensive players and thats all it was.. the titans had continuous pressure on painter causing him to make quicker reads... painter isnt manning with the insurmountable time with his WR's the guy is getting better and he is showing that with his resilience and toughness.

Actually, a little shoulder fake cures that problem by getting the defender off his feet. Good QB's to it all the tims

Edited by BIGugly

Actually, a little shoulder fake cures that problem by getting the defender off his feet. Good QB's to it all the tims

Whatever, same ppl that are calling painter horrible are the same ppl that will be saying he's pretty good after a good game.

Whatever, same ppl that are calling painter horrible are the same ppl that will be saying he's pretty good after a good game.

Exactly smitto!These people on here change their opinions from a game-to-game basis!I'm waiting for painter to have his first 330/3 td game(which he will).They will be saying..."manning who?".I just can't take them very seriously.Also,i think they have a 'pack mentality' and often play follow the group leader.I see evidence of this with 'andy',because they actually convinced him that LUCK is now god.On a side note,i would like to 'thank you' for sticking by your guns and opinions.Its refreshing to see.

Oh, he'll learn it, Manning will teach him. He actually does it some to get defender to commit in the secondary. Gets better every game, except this last one.

I don't see much point in criticizing Painter as if he is a starter. He is a back up and we will put someone in there who is better as soon as we can.

And yet somehow a team led by a rookie qb and rookie wr have managed to be 5-2. With zero experience in the NFL. Back up qbs still win games in the NFL. Just not Painter. But it's ok we can't expect much. We are colt fans.

And yet somehow a team led by a rookie qb and rookie wr have managed to be 5-2. With zero experience in the NFL. Back up qbs still win games in the NFL. Just not Painter. But it's ok we can't expect much. We are colt fans.

Yeah, don't you know it makes us spoiled to expect to win?

We're supposed to expect to lose, and feel privileged when we win because, you know, it's not the organization's obligation to win or anything...

.... My head is starting to hurt again...

Smitto, with your enthusiastic Defense of Painter outplaying our actual Defense... I'd say we need to get you a helmet and uniform and get you out on the field. You couldn't do any worse.

Smitto, with your enthusiastic Defense of Painter outplaying our actual Defense... I'd say we need to get you a helmet and uniform and get you out on the field. You couldn't do any worse.

BRAVO! Great way to sum up the way he defends Painter. If someone even accuses Painter of farting smitto is on the scene within minutes to go out of his way to clear his name.

I'm sorry, but the whole "no practice" angle needs to go by the wayside by now. Painter has been practicing with the starters since the start of camp. Even when Collins was the starter he was most likely getting around 40% of the reps in practice with the starters. I mean how long does it take to get up to speed with these guys in practice? Years? If that's the case how have guys like Cam Newton, and Christen Ponderer done what they have?

Cam Newton is a 1/1. He's being paid and expected to be good. If he won't become an elite QB soon, he will be a bust. Btw, why do you compare Painter to him, when you can compare to Brady or Brees? :)

And Christian Ponder - along with Gabbert, both of them are first rounders - aren't any better than Painter at the moment. In fact, they're worse. Not just statistically, but for the eye too. Peyton is injured, Collins is incapable, so we have no other option than let Painter play. If he plays like a decent backup, then he worked for his money. Sad, but true.

Cam Newton is a 1/1. He's being paid and expected to be good. If he won't become an elite QB soon, he will be a bust. Btw, why do you compare Painter to him, when you can compare to Brady or Brees? :)

And Christian Ponder - along with Gabbert, both of them are first rounders - aren't any better than Painter at the moment. In fact, they're worse. Not just statistically, but for the eye too. Peyton is injured, Collins is incapable, so we have no other option than let Painter play. If he plays like a decent backup, then he worked for his money. Sad, but true.

Why would I compare Painter to Brady or Brees? Those guys have years of experience as the starting QB with much of their offense. Everyone said Painter might as well have been a rookie because he never practiced with the starters until Manning got hurt. There have been a great many rookie QB's come in and perform well. It didn't take Andy Dalton this long to get into an acceptable rhythm with his starters, did it? No. So why does Painter still get the "He is still learning to play with the starters" excuse with three months of practice time with the starters? And just how long will it take him? 2, 3 years?

If someone wants to defend him, whatever... Fight that battle because in the end, you still lose... But come up with a better defense than the "No practice" one... It's incredibly lame, and entirely wrong at this point. He's had more and adequate time with the starters, and the results STILL aren't there.

Give us the Bengals defense (or even just Zimmer doing the playcalling) and we'd have some wins right now too.

Why would I compare Painter to Brady or Brees? Those guys have years of experience as the starting QB with much of their offense. Everyone said Painter might as well have been a rookie because he never practiced with the starters until Manning got hurt. There have been a great many rookie QB's come in and perform well. It didn't take Andy Dalton this long to get into an acceptable rhythm with his starters, did it? No. So why does Painter still get the "He is still learning to play with the starters" excuse with three months of practice time with the starters? And just how long will it take him? 2, 3 years?

If someone wants to defend him, whatever... Fight that battle because in the end, you still lose... But come up with a better defense than the "No practice" one... It's incredibly lame, and entirely wrong at this point. He's had more and adequate time with the starters, and the results STILL aren't there.

I'm certainly not going to use the "lack of practice" excuse. I do think Painter is suffering from a patchwork OL, a lack of creativity by the OC and a lack of faith by the FO and coaches. Injuries on the OL are definitely a problem and that can lead to a lot of the shorter throws. However, the good OCs find ways around that. Use bootlegs, go max protection from time to time, throw screens to the WR and backs on occasion (and by that I mean don't call the same bubble screen 100 times on the first 7 drives) and maybe try to rely a little more on the running game. The Colts are tied for 9th place in ypc but 31st in carries per game. The only team in the league running the ball less than the Colts is Seattle. I'm sure the ypc is a little skewed after Painter's scrambles on Sunday but Addai, Brown and Carter are still all averaging over 4 ypc.

I don't think there's any way Painter becomes the next Brady, Brees, Rivers, Manning or anything like that but at this time, if he continues to improve, then I don't see any reason he can't be the next Matt Schaub or Matt Cassell. I don't think he really has any future with the Colts but if he plays well then perhaps that draws some interest in another team that feels they could win now if they had more efficient QB play.

Why would I compare Painter to Brady or Brees? Those guys have years of experience as the starting QB with much of their offense.

Because, it's just as senseless to compare Painter to a 1/1 QB as to an experienced star QB. These comparions put the words "bad" and "good" into their realm, while Painter should be judged in the "6th rounder, backup QB" realm. If Cam Newton plays better than Painter then he can still be "very bad", because he is a 1/1 franchise QB, with a 6mill/year rookie contract. And if Painter plays worse than Newton, he still can be considered as "good".

I know, that there are no such things like "Newton's realm" and "Painter's realm", because they play each other and ultimately the better - in absolute measures - wins. But there are still facts. And the fact is that Painter is our backup QB, we brought him here to play 4th quarter garbage times and those december games when we've already clinched the playoffs. Peyton's injury made him to be our starter, but he is still a backup QB who happens to play an entire season. We have no other option, so it's better to deal with the fact, and don't expect him to play like a 1/1 pick, or a good NFL QB. Because he never will. If he plays like a decent backup QB, and shows some improvement as the season goes by, then he does his part. And he does. He is better than Collings was, actually he is better - or at least not worse - than a number of "starting QBs" in the league. Grossmann, Gabbert, Freeman, Orton, Henne are not any better than him. Even Kolb, Jackson, Bradford. And some of them have a lot more experience than Painter.

A good backup QB is a guy you can put in the game and not be doomed from the start with. Painter is a backup QB that you pray you'll never need, and start looking at whose left in free agency in the event you do.

Just because he's a 6th round pick doesn't mean he gets a lifetime pass. Guys perform better than their draft position all the time. It's actually, you know, what they're supposed to do.

i will go as far as i have to to defend a good player who doesnt deserve it... fans claim he isnt an NFL QB yet here he is starting for and NFL team and dropping passes infront of NFL defenders to the wideouts... this is painter's first season starting.. peytons first season wasnt no walk in the park either.. all good players get better with time and painter will do just that.... from taking boos from his own fans to becoming a good back up QB for the colts i would say thats a pretty darn good start.

BRAVO! Great way to sum up the way he defends Painter. If someone even accuses Painter of farting smitto is on the scene within minutes to go out of his way to clear his name.

until painter has a horrible game i will defend the guy, you act like the mate stole your gf or something

Seriously. Watch him. He's done it all day so far. He stares down a single receiver, and has been sacked from the front TWICE because he's so focused on the guy he wants to throw to and nothing else.

His head IS NOT moving.

man this is to funny, and true