Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis

ColtsFreak

I hope he's healthier this week. Will he match up with Amendola? I hope he does and matchup Butler with Edleman. 

Going to be tough either way.. I often get the impression that many people underestimate these two receivers, who are very talented and skilled duo.  They are so knowledgeable of the receiver position and have such a high football IQ that even when they are knocked off of their routes by a defense they can and are able to adjust.  And the underrated portion of their game is their athleticism and "deep speed".  On top of being great athletes, they have "deep speed".  Deep speed is not necessarily fast speed but the ability to get behind defenders down field, they can if are given the opportunity to.  Both are not just slot receivers, but good on the perimeter and down the seam.  And you have to remember, the only knock thats ever been on either of these two are injuries.  Both outstanding football players and excellent receivers that will give you their best each and every Sunday and tougher then people give them credit for.  Will be fun to see how these two X-Factors will be matched up.  Especially now with Austin Collie by their side, who was only injured on the knee and hasn't had a concussion for quiet some time.  He can add a nice trio combination, after all he is only 27 and understands the offense.  Fun game to watch and a challenge for the Colts.