Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Talib...how do we deal with him.

cmgww

Talib gets mad and frustrated fast a few quick throws to TY and we can get into his head. Remember the Carolina game where he got burned by Steve smith and drawer multiple 15 yarder penalties cause he couldn't cover Steve and the thug in him came out

Talib can't cover small, fast receivers. If he gets left on an island with TY he is going to get destroyed. 

Talib v Hilton is our ideal matchup.

Agreed. That is not his strength. Talib is better against bigger, more physical receivers. The smaller, shiftier guys give him a little more trouble. 

Does anyone know if Talib shadows other teams best receivers or does he only play one side of the filed? 

Kind of depends... see above. I think he shadowed D. Thomas for most of the Denver game, and was practically in Jimmy Graham's uniform for the Saints game. At other times, the Patriots have had Kyle Arrington and/or Logan Ryan covering the smaller but dynamic receiver types like Hilton. 

They're going to try to beat Hilton down on every play. I don't think they'll lock into one type of coverage with him or put the same guy on him all the time, but I'm confident that they're going to make him fight to get out on his routes and will probably keep testing the refs to see how much contact they're going to allow. I've read this week that Hilton can be thrown off his game if you're physical with him, so I'm pretty sure NE will go with that plan. 

The one thing I like about the current Patriots' secondary is that they're all pretty versatile guys. If Denard is healthy that gives them four very solid corners, plus McCourty (who should be back) and Gregory at the safety spots. This is probably the best secondary they've had for the last 6 or 7 years. Unlike recent years, it's the front seven for the Patriots that I'm not too sure about with so many guys on IR.

One area where they REALLY struggle is covering backs and TEs. Fleener could have a huge game, and Brown and T-Rich will have some chances to make plays in the passing game. 

Luck's mobility is also a huge concern. The Patriots have a decent pass rush but have been burned by mobile QBs a lot this season. They're still a big defense but not a particularly fast one. 

Talib can't cover small, fast receivers. If he gets left on an island with TY he is going to get destroyed. 

Talib v Hilton is our ideal matchup.

your right ask browner,and Sherman, smack talk leads to trouble when they say it to hilton.

Though I can't stand him (Google his arrest record if you want more info)...there is no doubt he is the Pats' best corner and will probably be tasked with taking away TY. And at home, IMO, he gets away with a LOT of physical contact, which is something TY has trouble with. So what do we do on offense to counter this? I see moving TY around a lot, and getting as many matchups with Rogers/Talib as possible, as Rogers is the biggest WR we have. Fleenor is another option as well, size-wise. Thoughts?

Introduce him to nick harper's wife the night before the game......