MTC

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargers offense is very talented.

Chargers offense is talented at protecting their D, I think they are tops in the league for time of possession. They dink and dunk, and occasionally take their deep shots but are primarily a dink and dunk team. So, any team with solid run D that blitzes the heck out of them with man CBs like the Ravens, Jets, Steelers would be a bad matchup for them. Good thing we don't have the Colts' D of old. We will be a bad matchup for them. Since the Broncos play the Colts style of old D, they will have a tougher time than the Colts vs the Chargers in getting their O off the field, IMO.

But if the Chargers do beat the Bengals, there is no doubt the Broncos will be ready for them this time around on a full week of preparation. It is mighty hard to beat a team twice on the road in their building. See 2008 Colts vs Chargers, 2009 Jets vs Colts, 2010 Jets vs Steelers for example.

Chargers offense is talented at protecting their D, I think they are tops in the league for time of possession. They dink and dunk, and occasionally take their deep shots but are primarily a dink and dunk team. So, any team with solid run D that blitzes the heck out of them with man CBs like the Ravens, Jets, Steelers would be a bad matchup for them. Good thing we don't have the Colts' D of old. We will be a bad matchup for them. Since the Broncos play the Colts style of old D, they will have a tougher time than the Colts vs the Chargers in getting their O off the field, IMO.

But if the Chargers do beat the Bengals, there is no doubt the Broncos will be ready for them this time around on a full week of preparation. It is mighty hard to beat a team twice on the road in their building. See 2008 Colts vs Chargers, 2009 Jets vs Colts, 2010 Jets vs Steelers for example.

THe Chargers are a nightmare match up for the Broncos.

Yeah for sure. The first game was one score with Manning getting hurt. Rivers does not get enough credit for being a good playoff QB IMO.

He is OK, his TD to INT ratio is still on the even side, last time I checked. He is gutsy and a team player but that does not win games for you all the time.

However, the system that he loves the most is where he utilizes his RBs in pass catching. So, teams with good LBs that blitz or teams that send corner blitzes from the edge give him more issues, I have noticed. Maybe, there was a reason why the Broncos wanted a regular week of preparation for their next opponent because the last time they played the Chargers on a shorter week than normal, we know what happened.

Yeah for sure. The first game was one score with Manning getting hurt. Rivers does not get enough credit for being a good playoff QB IMO.

I'm hosting a party for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Aqib Talib, and Brandon Spikes.  It's gonna be next weekend.  It's a 2 day party.  We start Saturday morning and end Sunday night.  So if you could tell them to come, that would be great

He is OK, his TD to INT ratio is still on the even side, last time I checked. However, the system that he loves the most is where he utilizes his RBs in pass catching. So, teams with good LBs that blitz or teams that send corner blitzes from the edge give him more issues, I have noticed. Maybe, there was a reason why the Broncos wanted a regular week of preparation for their next opponent because the last time they played the Chargers on a shorter week than normal, we know what happened.

Yeah, Woodhead was a great signing for them. He run and catch. I see the match up with Denver being more about the SD D which really played well the last game. And this game of course will have no Miller which should help Rivers complete more passes down the field.

If the Bengals lose this one, will the hot seat be out on Marvin Lewis?  He's been there for a while and never gotten past the first round of the playoff I believe.

I am sure the Steelers and Ravens will petition for him to stay. :)

And we thought Dungy underachieved in the playoffs???  Marty and Marvin trump Dungy by a mile.

If the Bengals lose this one, will the hot seat be out on Marvin Lewis?  He's been there for a while and never gotten past the first round of the playoff I believe.

He's helped rebuild that team.  They used to be horrible, going through messes with Ocho and Palmer.  They're now perennial division champs.  All they need is better/more consistent QB play and they'll be Super Bowl contenders

Yeah, Woodhead was a great signing for them. He run and catch. I see the match up with Denver being more about the SD D which really played well the last game. And this game of course will have no Miller which should help Rivers complete more passes down the field.

The key is Welker, he is due for a big game in the playoffs, IMO. I remember the 2008 playoff game vs Chargers. Anthony Gonzalez was eating the Chargers alive in the slot, and in the 2nd half he got injured, that is when Peyton stopped moving the chains. That slot and seam area was key with Dallas Clark moving the chains in the 2006 playoff run, same with Clark & Collie in the 2009 playoff run. This is why the Broncos got Welker, for this time of the season to move the chains in the slot. Stokely and Tamme last year is not the same as Welker and Julius Thomas, considerable difference in the middle.

Last time, Denver did not have Welker for that Thursday night game.

he was stopped in bounds at forward progress.

AH, gotcha.

That never occurred to me since the point of that rule is always to benefit the offense, while preventing endless rugby like scrums. You stop a play and "give" forward progress when a player is being pushing backwards and would be happy to go down but can't because of  defensive engagement. That receiver just bounced bounced out of bounds - which is where he was heading and wanted to head anyway.

If the whistle was blown it was awfully quick, and if it wasn't blown, I'm not sure that I get the logic.

He's helped rebuild that team.  They used to be horrible, going through messes with Ocho and Palmer.  They're now perennial division champs.  All they need is better/more consistent QB play and they'll be Super Bowl contenders

About the same as Marty Schottenheimer always did.  Martys' teams were always stockpiled with talent to the brim and strong on defense, but the playoffs were never his thing for some reason.  Marvin Lewis coached teams seem to be eerily similar in some ways.