Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shaming and BlamingI am a better fan than you (merge)

Colts Fan In L.A.

I'm not a fan of shame on you threads.  Seems baiting and inflammatory..........as is name calling

This is a free market and in this case..........people who sold their tickets and people who left that game early........missed something really amazing

Much like the many many fans who went to bed before the Colts came back over the buccaneers.......thereby missing one of the most EPIC comebacks in NFL history

It is their loss........they voted with their feet..........and they missed an amazing game.  That's the chance you take.

That's enough.  We do not need to vilify them in the forums.

Actually I find it just as offensive that people come here and post shame on your threads or...........rather than enjoying the victory complain about some aspect of the game or a player that they hate.

I just do not understand why not just enjoy the moment?  For all of us who saw the game whether at home or at the stadium.......it was special.We'll never forget it

And I feel sorry for Colts fans who missed it

As far as selling to the opposition.  Do you know the allegiance of people who buy tickets after the season ticket holder has passed on them?

No

To this teams credit.............the overrepresentation of opposing fans did not deter them

That makes it even more impressive

Really great post.

ColtsHappy

As a season ticket holder, I know when I see the same people in the same seat every game.  You can determine who you sell your tickets if you choose too. 

Though I think most of the KC fans gobbled up regular tickets, some season ticket holders did sell. And they were not forced to sell them to K.C. fans. I know money is tight...especially just coming off of Christmas. But there are work arounds. I had a season ticket hold find me on an internal Colts List Serve (I'm assuming it was a season ticket holder wait list but I do not know) to offer me their tickets.

Dumping them on the internet is a disloyal move. Especially during the playoffs. And there aren't that many broker/season ticket holders. So that doesn't hold water.

I think we all understand what happened. But I'm NOT for the sake of being P.C. gonna try and pretend like selling your Season Tickets to opposing fans is intrinsically acceptable.

It isn't. And we can say so.

Though I think most of the KC fans gobbled up regular tickets, some season ticket holders did sell. And they were not forced to sell them to K.C. fans. I know money is tight...especially just coming off of Christmas. But there are work arounds. I had a season ticket hold find me on an internal Colts List Serve (I'm assuming it was a season ticket holder wait list but I do not know) to offer me their tickets.

Dumping them on the internet is a disloyal move. Especially during the playoffs. And there aren't that many broker/season ticket holders. So that doesn't hold water.

I think we all understand what happened. But I'm NOT for the sake of being P.C. gonna try and pretend like selling your Season Tickets to opposing fans is intrinsically acceptable.

It isn't. And we can say so.

The continued assumption here is that a Season Ticket Holders sold tickets they owned. Maybe some did, but I think most are probably like me. I just did not buy them.

In early December, I received an invoice with the opportunity to buy playoff tickets. I declined... and presumably so did many other STHs (for their own reasons). It was not because I didn't want them, but because it didn't make sense for me and my family at the time.

So it turns out my seats went to KC fans. If I didn't sell them to the "enemy"... perhaps we can come to terms with the fact that the Colts ticket office is responsible for doing so, not the STHs.

Oh... and for those crediting the Chiefs fans for traveling well, did any if you watch the game two weeks ago? There was a ton of Colts blue in the stands in KC. It happens.

I'm not talking about you. And I doubt there are many like you.

I think it would have been foolhardy to imagine there would be much profit in buying these playoff tickets and trying to resell them, so I really doubt too many people bought to sell. It is far more realistic to imagine many more made the same choice I did.

Oh no......I dont blame folks for giving up where we were down 28........we looked like the raiders out there

Lets stay in  the real world...

The Pope doesnt have that much faith :goodluck:

I gave up and came home at half time from the bar, started working around the house and turned the game on,  They were down by 10, couldnt believe it.  Great comeback.  

Oh please. I don't think it was season ticket holders per se who were responsible for so many Chiefs fans being at the game. Nobody can say that because we had so many tickets left. And a lot of times, especially if times are tough, you don't really know who you're selling your tickets to if you unload them online.

But...

ANY Colts season ticket holder who knowingly sold their playoff game ticket(s) to a Chiefs fan SHOULD have their card pulled and SHOULD be vilified. Any season ticket holder who does not have at least a couple of backup Colts fans to dump their tickets on....or at a bare minimum a Colts fan/Military Family to GIVE them to (you can walk into ANY Reserve Center, MEPS station or Recruiting office to find many) is IMO doing a tremendous disservice to the City, State and Franchise.

You don't knowingly sell tickets to opposing fans. Period. That's just commonsense.

Good thing we here in America are free to do with our commerce as we please.

If you'd like I can check prices on flights to China for you. 

Why all the "I'm a better fan than you"? We are all colts fans...knock it off.

That's pretty much all this place is about anymore. That, and the "You're not a coach, you don't know what you're talking about" crowd are the main reasons so many of the longtime members have quit posting regularly. 

Sure are. And I and anyone else is free to correctly criticize. That plane has room for you.

I'm not the one ranting a raving that it is wrong for one to do as they choose, and expressing a wish to see them crucified for doing so. 

You, clearly, are the commie here. 

Just gonna let that one sit there and be what it is. ;)

lol. Look in the mirror at your tirade of posts in this thread. You actually said fans who sell their tickets to opposing fans are bad fans and should be vilified. (That's that whole "I'm a better fan than you" argument. Just figured I'd point that out,)

I, on the other hand, called you a bad person. Your extremist views and communist stance on folks and what they do with their money and property have nothing to do with your fandom. In fact, you're a good fan. Anyone who takes the time to hang out here is a good fan.

Are you a good American, or a good person?

Well....

lol. Look in the mirror at your tirade of posts in this thread. You actually said fans who sell their tickets to opposing fans are bad fans and should be vilified. (That's that whole "I'm a better fan than you" argument. Just figured I'd point that out,)

I, on the other hand, called you a bad person. Your extremist views and communist stance on folks and what they do with their money and property have nothing to do with your fandom. In fact, you're a good fan. Anyone who takes the time to hang out here is a good fan.

Are you a good American, or a good person?

Well....

Uhmm... guys... you do realize the Colts won an amazing game yesterday, and we are all fans on this team... right?

I'm not sure calling anyone a bad fan makes much sense to me, but neither does calling someone a bad person or a communist. Maybe we can focus on cumulatively being excited about this playoff success instead of worrying about qualifying anyone else's business.

I think it would have been foolhardy to imagine there would be much profit in buying these playoff tickets and trying to resell them, so I really doubt too many people bought to sell. It is far more realistic to imagine many more made the same choice I did.

Ehh that assumes a lot of Season Ticket holders sold theirs. I don't assume that. Especially when there were so many tickets available. I think the fact that we didn't sell out had the most to do with any of this.

I think your example, Season Ticket holder/brokers and the notion of Season Ticket holders selling out directly to opponent fans are all three taken together a small percentage of K.C. fans who were there last night. ;)

You could notice it on T.V. too. Not sure it was all season ticket holders though....plenty of seats were available right up til game time.

I should do a thread on this, but yeah, Chief fan was in the building, and they were feeling it. I was around "the first down" crowd in 612, and I started going back and forth with em'. At one point I yelled at the ring leader "Montana was never yours" just clowning around and that really bothered them. Around that point the Chief fan's started going back and forth with me (one of em' bought me a beer, and told me I was fun to watch the game with, keep it up. lol). They we're actually all really good fans and it added to the vibe for me. It was so sweet to see them get more an more anxious. One guy kept shaking his head, saying "you guy's got Luck". It really was a lot of fun, even when thing's where looking bad.

As bad as Trent fumble was and Toler getting injured again, i could not be more disappointed in RJF. This guy has been absolutely awful for most of the year. He's small for a DE by 20 lbs gets pushed back at the line of scrimmage almost every play. To make matters worst he's getting paid like a pro bowl player and he's not worth half of that.  

He's nothing more then a rotational guy we have to get someone bigger and stronger that can take on blockers. Redding is 33 and he plays with much more energy then RJF. Arthur Jones is the type of DE the team needs if we ever wanna be good stopping the run.