Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

freeney vs mathis

CR91

Wow. How quickly people forget. Freeney was one of the most dominant pass rushing Defensive Ends ever. EVER. Freeney in his prime was a better DE than Mathis ever was, I think.

However, Mathis has proved to be more versatile in his conversion to 3-4 Rush OLB. I still speculate that Freeney could have made the switch, but we'll never know.

Anyway, I love both players and currently own both jerseys in Colts blue. I kind of refuse to pick one. Frathis/Meeney forever!!! haha

Why can't we like them both and appreciate what they are doing/have done for the Colts? Why does one have to be ahead of the other? And tell me, what are the standards that everyone has agreed upon to measure this "whose better" question?

its an interesting question to raise just like how everyone compares peyton and andrew or marv and reggie.

Freeney was not much of an impact player.  He got his sacks via Mathis at the other end.

That is so wrong. After the first Charger loss in 2007', Freeney was lost for the season, the defense became invisible, even with Bob Sanders. In the playoffs, Rivers and Volek were not touched and thus torched our D. In the Super Bowl, Freeney on one leg got a sack, while Mathis was invisible. I love Robert, but Freeney faced doubles and triples his whole career. His embarrassment of Jonathan Ogden that Sunday night in Baltimore to open 2005 was nothing short of spectacular.

Love them both. Two great Colts.

Peyton > Andrew

Harrison > Wayne

Lol pretty obvious which ones are better.

But some of the posts in this thread must be made by people with amnesia.

First of all saying you can't go wrong with either doesn't mean guys are equals.  It just means they are on the same level as each other. 

Andrew Luck compared to Peyton Manning now no but second year Peyton compared to second year Luck yes and you can't go wrong with either one of them. 

Reggie and Marvin are a little different because they are MUCH closer to each other in terms of how long they have played and frankly give Reggie another year or two and he is going to break most of Marvin's club career records so I would say for sure Reggie is on par with Marvin.