Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This game will be different

LUCKy

I feel like the Chiefs played uncharacteristically in our last meeting by having so many turnovers.  This game will be much closer and come down to the end where I like our chances.  Not to mention with Toller, Davis and Butler healthy we can play man to man on their receivers and load up the box to try and stop the run which is obviously easier said than done with Charles.  Hopefully we play like ourselves and don't turn the ball over and I think we can have a chance to win this one in the 4th quarter. 

PS Can we please run that wide screen pass to Trich outside on the edge of the field again?  I think if he had time to get some speed and only take on a corner and safety he could make good things happen...

:blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

I feel like both teams exhibited what they are in the last meeting. Make Alex Smith beat the secondary, simple game plan. 

Will it be a different ball game? Of course. Will the results be different? Some where between me doubting it, and hoping the Colts win, I have to give the Chiefs some credit, they can win, but it'll be the Colts coming out flat that causes it. 

The most obvious reason to doubt the chiefs is that they have only 2 wins in the entire season against above .500/playoff teams. They have not beaten a good qb all year except for Romo.

Their record is deceiving. They beat up bad teams all year and ran the score up so they seam like world beaters. They will lose, again.

I feel like both teams exhibited what they are in the last meeting. Make Alex Smith beat the secondary, simple game plan. 

Will it be a different ball game? Of course. Will the results be different? Some where between me doubting it, and hoping the Colts win, I have to give the Chiefs some credit, they can win, but it'll be the Colts coming out flat that causes it.

Yeah, I have to agree. Vegas has us basically even after you factor in the home field.

I'd love to see a repeat, I don't expect it. Turnovers, special teams probably make the difference.

I've gone back and have watched a lot of the Chiefs' games. Their defense played uncharacteristically bad the last time we played them. They missed several tackles (evidenced in Browns long TD run) and just looked sluggish. I've watched them in their games against the Broncos and noticed a fast, tough, and disruptive defense. They frustrated Manning quite a bit, and the Broncos (the highest scoring offense in NFL history) had a difficult time getting on track. Of course, the Broncos found a way to win.

I expect the Chiefs to play like a completely different team. I hope that the Colts are able to make them one-dimensional--placing the game on Alex Smith's shoulders. I do not think that he has what it takes to elevate his team to victories on a consistent basis. He manages the game and plays mistake-free football for the most part. I'd take Luck in a big game over Alex Smith any day.

PEOPLE PLEASE BE ADVISED...... THE CHIEFS BEAT THE JAGS,GIANTS,TITANS,RAIDERS,TEXANS,BROWNS,BILLS,COWBOYS AND THE EAGLES. I WILL GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR THE COWBOYS AND THE EAGLES. ALL THE REST OF THESE TEAMS WERE ALL BADD..... TO THE 10 POWER. TURNOVERS WILL BE THE KEY AND IF THEY CAN KEEP ANDREW LUCK UPRIGHT.. LOOK OUT LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION....... COLTS NATION LETS GO STAND UPPPPPPP!!!!!! WE READY!

The "Beating up on bad teams" doesn't really fly. The NFL is a very strange league in that all teams have stars at various positions and pose unique threats. The Giants, Titans, Texans and Browns are all teams that could very easily be 9 or 10+ win teams IMO...The Browns had horrendous luck with their quarterback situation early in the season and then proceed to fall behind in the race. You can take a team like the Lions on paper and make the assessment they should be a 14 win team under most circumstances. I give the Chiefs credit this weekend. I think we SHOULD handle our business and get the win, yes. But to expect that the game will not be a dogfight, I'm just not willing to get complacent...Did that in years past...No more...

We won because we contained Charles. They don't really have any other weapons (could argue for Bowe). They're just a physical team who thrives on turnovers like the Bears of a few years ago.

Protect the ball, contain Charles, and the Colts will win.

Now that's easier said than done but this team is fully capable.