Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver's D now toothless

PrincetonTiger

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 23, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 23, 2013 - off topic

I have moved on. When the colts played denver i was wanting mathis to sack him every time he dropped back. But i can still root for him to do well when not playing the colts.

And for the record, i don't care if you worship him or not. Alot of your posts are uneducated nonsense. See the thread about our fan base

sorry you feel that way, but if I have an opinion then I have an opinion. I dont care if its unpopular with the sensitives sallys on here

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 23, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 23, 2013 - off topic

sorry you feel that way, but if I have an opinion then I have an opinion. I dont care if its unpopular with the sensitives sallys on here

Well when your opinion is off base, don't cry when you get called out on it

I will say it right now. the broncos will go one and done again.

I will say it right now.... There are always at least  two teams   every year that go   one and done in the playoffs.   Some years,  4 teams can go one and done.

This Year,  I'd say that's up for grabs for several teams the way this Bi-Polar Season is going.      I think YOU want the Broncos to be one of these teams...       I, however,  don't.      

It is not always bad when there is a chip  in your shoulder.

Everyone is counting Denver's D out. It could be a dangerous thing. I mean they made bad plays but Texans scored 13 points.

They might pull something out. You never know. Von miller if out, will be huge.

Here is the list of points allowed by the defense for the AFC playoff teams. I put it in order of best to worst.

KC - 4

Cincy - 6

Miami - 8

Pats - 9

Chargers - 11

Colts - 12

Denver - 22

Every playoff team is a top 12 defense. Denver is the worst by far. Bottom third of league and it may have lost its best player in Miller. It will be tough for Denver this year to win the AFC.

Here is the list of points allowed by the defense for the AFC playoff teams. I put it in order of best to worst.

KC - 4

Cincy - 6

Miami - 8

Pats - 9

Chargers - 11

Colts - 12

Denver - 22

Every playoff team is a top 12 defense. Denver is the worst by far. Bottom third of league and it may have lost its best player in Miller. It will be tough for Denver this year to win the AFC.

Where are the Bengals  on this list...??   You know, the team that held the Pats to only FG's, and havn't lost a game at home this year..

Where are the Bengals  on this list...??   You know, the team that held the Pats to only FG's, and havn't lost a game at home this year..

They are at 6. Bengals will be formidable and would have more of an advantage playing Denver's 22 rank defense then the Pats 9th. Pats may have lost but they only let up 13. That is the key to winning in the playoffs. No one wins in blow outs.

Well yeah, his leg buckled without being hit, he left and didn't return. Ligament is the obvious concern.

However he's also been walking around under his own power, and the tests won't be done until tomorrow,  this marks the seventh game they have won without him, and he hasn't been remotely as impact-full as last year regardless - so it might  be a bi premature to label them "toothless".

It is not always bad when there is a chip  in your shoulder.

Everyone is counting Denver's D out. It could be a dangerous thing. I mean they made bad plays but Texans scored 13 points.

They might pull something out. You never know. Von miller if out, will be huge.

may only be a sprain ( not that thats a good thing ) , have to wait for MRI, initial fears apparently overblown

see update at article bottom

Von Miller doubtful to play in Oakland. Initial diagnosis is a knee sprain. They'll throw that knee in the MRI tube tomorrow to make certain

We will see tomorrow of course, but it seems like the earlier reports are incorrect and Von Miller indeed has a sprain.  The extent of which will be clarified by the MRI.  Score one for the good guys.

and not a season ending ACL injury 

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/12/22/5236764/report-broncos-fear-von-miller-might-have-an-acl-injury

I will say it right now.... There are always at least  two teams   every year that go   one and done in the playoffs.   Some years,  4 teams can go one and done.

This Year,  I'd say that's up for grabs for several teams the way this Bi-Polar Season is going.      I think YOU want the Broncos to be one of these teams...       I, however,  don't.      

Four teams go one and done every year, as many as 8 could

I don't think it really matters if Von Miller plays or not.  Peyton's teams through out his career were based on trying to out score the other team.  Broncos' defense is not what's going to get the Broncos to the super bowl.  It's their offense.  Peyton would NEVER play on a team like the 49ers, Ravens, Seahawks where the coaching staff focuses on team play and defense.  Peyton went to Denver because Elway promised Peyton he could have full 100% control of the entire offense and they would load him up with offense. I guarantee you Peyton begs the GM and coach to bring in as many offensive weapons as possible where ever he goes and puts pressure on the front office to have to put more emphasis on the offense instead of the defense.  Hard to spend big money on your defense under a salary cap when your QB is always in your office begging you to spend more money on offense. Through out Peyton's career I bet you he's always had it his way.  The owners and coaches gave him what he wanted.

Four teams go one and done every year, as many as 8 could

True. I was meaning in the AFC, but you are correct. Every Year a total of 4 Teams do go one and done, and as many as 8 can, Yet, you'd think it was ONLY a Manning team to hear people talk.

Yes, they can be physically pushed around. And of course Welker's status is a big ?.

I have zero expectations from him.

Like i said earlier, DT and ED dont fight for the balls and are the reasons for atleast 5 Manning INTs this season. And they drop and are not tough. Very inconsistent. Manning has to throw to them, no other choice. They do occasionally make great plays.

Only Moreno, Julius and Tamme i trust.

Its not what you say, it is what you want :)

well if its us playing the broncos then yes

Ha. Good one Gramz. :)

AM, I never realized this but your quote. . . is from Skip Bayless.  Its a good quote for your boy but i'd get rid of anything that had that hacks name associated with it lol.  Skip Bayless is to journalism as what the National Enquirer is to Newspapers.

Sorry for the hijack guys

Carry on with the convo about Manning and his post season hopes and dreams.

AM, I never realized this but your quote. . . is from Skip Bayless.  Its a good quote for your boy but i'd get rid of anything that had that hacks name associated with it lol.  Skip Bayless is to journalism as what the National Enquirer is to Newspapers.

The original thread was about the possible Vonn Miller injury

Just having some fun with the quote. Skip can be out there for sure  at times to create controversy but his article that I quoted was a good one IMO.

KC - 4

Cincy - 6

Miami - 8

Pats - 9

Chargers - 11

Colts - 12

Denver - 22

While I agree that Defense is important, the object is to score MORE points than the other team to win, correct? So lets look at the offensive numbers from that list in order from top to bottom (taken off NFL.com):

Denver-1

San Diego-6

New England-7

Cincy-10

Indy-17

Kansas City-20

Miami-27

Denver has played several of the teams on your list and was able to put up 33 on the Colts, 31 on the Pats, 55 (2 game total) on the Chiefs and 48 (2 game total) on San Diego. They lost to the Colts but it was a close game and minus a few fumbles who knows what would have happened. They lost to the Pats in OT by a field goal and their LOWEST point total of the season came from a rare home loss vs San Diego where they scored a miserable 20 points. No matter the ranking of any defense the Broncos WILL PUT UP POINTS! The Broncos D has to make a few plays throughout the game as well and special teams must not make mistakes. I just don't think beating them will be as easy as everyone here says.

To be honest I think the ONLY team on the list who can score more points is the Pats, no other team can keep up and while the Pats are scary I am more afraid of the Chiefs. It is VERY hard to beat a team 2 times in a season but beating a team 3 times in a season is really really really HARD! If the Broncos win next week and take the 1st seed gaining home field advantage it will be tough. Other than the loss to San Diego at home both other losses came on the road in VERY tough environments. Peyton will not have a noise issue and will be able to audible from the line without problems which makes them tough to beat.

While Von is a great player, the Broncos won 6 games without him and I do not see him as the same impact player as last year. The young guys have stepped up and they still got pressure when Von went out yesterday. Lets face it, the O line of some of those playoff teams you listed are not that good and Denver doesn't need big name DL to get pressure vs those teams. Denvers O line, while makeshift, has improved each and every week. Welker will be back and so will a few from the defense (Wolfe, Woodyard) 

While there are NO guarantees in anything, I LIKE the Broncos chances this year more than I have ever liked a Peyton led team. I have a good feeling that this is his year to shine from top to bottom. If he were to make it to the super bowl and win, his play off record would be OVER .500 and I wonder what in the world will the Peyton haters complain about next.......

They played (and won) a bunch of games without him this year. I've always thought he's overrated, and can be overpowered by decent tackles. 

Either way, the loss of Miller isn't going to factor in much here, I don't think. 

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know Denver's record with and without him this season? Wasn't he healthy for 2 of their 3 losses?

They played (and won) a bunch of games without him this year. I've always thought he's overrated, and can be overpowered by decent tackles. 

Either way, the loss of Miller isn't going to factor in much here, I don't think. 

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know Denver's record with and without him this season? Wasn't he healthy for 2 of their 3 losses?

6-0 without Von

6-3 with Von