Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Its killing you to see them win, isnt it?   We should be 2-1 right now, with our only loss being a road game against what looks like a much improved and pretty damn tough Jacksonville team while missing our 2 starting receivers and our best defensive player. So it doesnt really matter if you think they are terrible or not. The record, when combined with a win over the Chiefs coming off 10 days rest, suggests they are very competitive.    I mean they havent even played well and they have only lost 1 out of 3. Theyve made a million mistakes but you dont give them any bail for those mistakes the way you do for Kansas City.    You call people a blind homer who are just being objective. You are more biased than anybody, because you have already made your determination before you have given the team a chance. Its a long season and how you are playing early in the year doesnt matter nearly as much as how you are playing at the end of the year. We are incorporating a lot of new stuff on the field this year including a new QB and a new defensive scheme so I assure you, they will get better and better as the year goes on.   You say they have no receivers without giving Alec Peirce a chance to prove you wrong. He sure looked like a good receiver on Sunday. Now it looks like they may have 2 very good starting receivers to go with JT & Hines, and a descent group of TEs to boot. All the sudden the cupboard isnt so bare. Jelani Woods looked like he couldbmake a big impact this year. Granson looks like he is coming along rather nicely. Gilmore looks like an upgrade on Rhodes. McLeod looks like a sneaky nice addition to the team. Ngakoue looked like the guy who we brought in to bolster our DL and take them to the next level. Kwity Paye has played excellent football so far. Dayo Odeyingbo has also flashed quite a bit. Grover Stewart is looking like a monster. These narratives that Chris Ballard hasnt addressed these issues are slowly getting ripped to shreds. Matt Pryor even played pretty well on Sunday.   You are way too quick to throw in the towel.    If the Colts can figure out their protection issues and stay reasonably healthy they are gonna have a chance to make some noise this year, whether you like it or not. By the end of the year these young players are gonna have improved drastically and that will change how this team looks. 
    • Well we don’t have a home run threat like Thomas was. He took at least 5 slants and turned them into 60+ yard TDs
    • We have been one of the best teams against the run, so I can see at least half way maintaining Henry. No AJ Brown is really bad for them. When they lost Landry, that made their D average. We just matchup better with them than we do Jacks now. I think Trevor may be better than Tannehill at this point, still too early to say that but they cleaned our clock in week 2. 
    • It's so dang true! Why, oh why is it that we can never figure out screen plays, or get WRs who can block?! They're money for what feels like every team besides us. Shoot, a good portion of Manning's touchdowns with the Broncos came from the screen...
    • Divisional games always come down to the wire. This one will, too. I am looking forward to AP and Woods being more involved.    Actually, Gus Bradley's stubbornness and politics for not playing Rodgers so far has me worried as to how he will continue on his laurels from the Chiefs game, I hope he keeps the changes he made. I wonder if he will put Blackmon back in again. Removing Cross was a conscious decision. If A J Brown was there, he would be feasting on Moore, I am glad he is gone.   Ngakoue concerns me on run D. Mike Vrabel's teams, we cannot expect the same amount of mistakes that the Chiefs made, they typically play sound football. This is the game where we should do a few max. protect calls and throw deep a few times because the Titans DBs have been known to give up large completions. Again, it is all about the OL. Glad this game is at home to help us sort through our protection calls.
  • Members

• Flash7

Flash7 1,718

• richard pallo

richard pallo 4,704

• Colts.sb41

Colts.sb41 98

• Hark

Hark 560

• bellevuecolt

bellevuecolt 0

Rookie