Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Appears that Martin will be available next year.

A bidding war?    No.

But I love buying on the cheap and Martin's price won't be very high.

I'd guess he could be had for a 6th round pick.    If it goes higher, I'd pass.

But he'd be a quality back-up tackle for the Colts.    He wouldn't start,  but quality depth is always a good thing.

Why even give up anything for him, unless it's a 7th. The Colts have 2 quality tackles. He would be nothing more than a backup, and probably not a candidate to move inside. 

So, no, I hope the Colts do not go after him.

Why even give up anything for him, unless it's a 7th. The Colts have 2 quality tackles. He would be nothing more than a backup, and probably not a candidate to move inside. 

Because if Cherilus or Castanzo get hurt our choices are between Link, Xavier Nixon, and Reitz.  I don't know how good Nixon is but he's been a PS player most of the season.  And last year I remember I think Link starting at tackle in place of Winston Justice. 

And I remember Link getting spanked so much that we could have started a football dummy there and it would have been just as effective.

But I'm with you, since it's not a starting need we don't want to give up more then a 6th or a 7th.  But we may not have to.  

Martin is done in Miami, he's * off their entire locker room, so he can't go back.

A lot of other teams may be hesitant to get him because of this whole incident.  A lot of coaches would be worried about upsetting their own locker rooms.  Some might hold the view that if he didn't stand up for himself that he's soft and don't want him.

Indy is the perfect place for him.  Luck and Fleener and Pep are here.  So he has friends here.  We have a strong enough locker room leadership that its unlikely that he'd be bullied again.  And most of all we don't have any legendary jerks in our locker room and most certainly not among our leadership group.  

There is a chance we could get this guy for a simple 7th round pick.  And he's better depth then we currently have. 

Yes we have 2 quality tackles but no real quality depth.  I'd take him for a 5th or later.