Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans may release Chris Johnson

SkyBane

Na i don't even wanna touch his contract.  We are good at RB.  His salary is way to much and we shouldn't waste any draft picks on him.  Just let him be.  Other teams will be interested.  Thats what happens when a team main focus is to stop you and you don't have a good pass game to balance.  Look at AP, he's not even gonna touch his record from last year.

Na i don't even wanna touch his contract. We are good at RB. His salary is way to much and we shouldn't waste any draft picks on him. Just let him be. Other teams will be interested. Thats what happens when a team main focus is to stop you and you don't have a good pass game to balance. Look at AP, he's not even gonna touch his record from last year.

No one will lose picks getting Johnson they want to release him he will be a Free Agent

Na i don't even wanna touch his contract. We are good at RB. His salary is way to much and we shouldn't waste any draft picks on him. Just let him be. Other teams will be interested. Thats what happens when a team main focus is to stop you and you don't have a good pass game to balance. Look at AP, he's not even gonna touch his record from last year.

If he passes waiver wire he would be a pure free agent. Any team could just sign him for what they believe he is worth.

imo, he lands with Miami.

He'd be worth a look for maybe 3 or 4 million on a short term deal but certainly not at his current contract.  He hasn't been a total bust/dud, he ran for over 1000 yards in every season since he got his new contract.  He just hasn't been a game changer.

I doubt we'd get him for that money though and he'd likely take a deal elsewhere.

Product of giving the guy such a large contract.  He's worth good money, but it's kinda hard to say he's worth quarterback money. 

He'd be worth that money if he kept pounding out 2000 yard seasons every year, but he just didn't.  It's extremely rare to find a RB who can do that for more then 1 season.  

He's a good back who just had one really good season in a contract year and got a big time contract for it, but that contract hasn't proved it's worth.

But if they release him, he's still a good back who will be in demand in FA.  We don't need an RB enough though to warrant getting him for much more then 3 million in a short term deal.  

He'd be worth that money if he kept pounding out 2000 yard seasons every year, but he just didn't.  It's extremely rare to find a RB who can do that for more then 1 season.  

He's a good back who just had one really good season in a contract year and got a big time contract for it, but that contract hasn't proved it's worth.

But if they release him, he's still a good back who will be in demand in FA.  We don't need an RB enough though to warrant getting him for much more then 3 million in a short term deal.  

I agree.  I think he'll want more than that which, even if Colts considered getting him, I don't think we should pursue him.  The competition for him in free agency will be enough to phase us out early.

I agree.  I think he'll want more than that which, even if Colts considered getting him, I don't think we should pursue him.  The competition for him in free agency will be enough to phase us out early.

Probably, but you never know.  I thought that Sebastian Vollmer and Andre Smith would be hot in Free Agency but they didn't get a sniff until their old teams re-signed them late in the game.  And they where re-signed at numbers far lower then I expected.  

Probably, but you never know.  I thought that Sebastian Vollmer and Andre Smith would be hot in Free Agency but they didn't get a sniff until their old teams re-signed them late in the game.  And they where re-signed at numbers far lower then I expected.  

Vollmer got a pretty good contract from the Patriots, but it was a lot less than many of us were predicting.. but that was everyone in general inflating the numbers they thought players would get in free agency based on the old CBA and the ever increasing salary cap each year.

With the new CBA, the salary cap has leveled out more now, so there isn't going to be as much inflation in the market at certain positions like we were seeing.  I thought Welker was going to get $9-10 million a year easily, but I was way wrong.  I thought Talib was going to get like $8+ mill a year.. I thought we were going to lose Vollmer because someone was going to pay him starting LT money at $8-9+ mill a year..

Wrong on all counts, which is great because the Pats got to keep a lot of their own talent that they drafted and groomed into the roles they have now.  It always sucks when you draft a guy, develop him and he turns into a monster and then leaves for a giant payday somewhere else. 

One had off season back surgery and the other has questionable work habits.