Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the #1 pick in the draft, the Houston Texans select...

AllYouNeedIsLuck

I have come to realize the draft is like a lottery for 95 percent of the cases.

You get a no 1 overall pick who can be a bust, you get a 7th round hall of famer

No, its not exact but its not a lottery. Its more akin to predicting the weather. Patterns and signs can point to something happening, but sometimes, other factors you didnt account for come in to play and things dont develop as you anticipated.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

I disagree with all of that. Clowney is better at all of those things. And ive never seen a team run towards Clowney with any success.

That is a complete fallacy.  I've have seen it in almost every game this season against FBS teams.  The ONLY thing that I would rate Clowney above Barr in, is pass rushing is obvious passing situations, and even that is debatable.  I'm really questioning if you have actually watched either Clowney or Barr at all this season.  And you can't bring double teams into the argument because Barr is double-teamed almost all of the time.

That is a complete fallacy. I've have seen it in almost every game this season against FBS teams. The ONLY thing that I would rate Clowney above Barr in, is pass rushing is obvious passing situations, and even that is debatable. I'm really questioning if you have actually watched either Clowney or Barr at all this season. And you can't bring double teams into the argument because Barr is double-teamed almost all of the time.

Yes I have. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Clowney is the better prospect. And it's not close.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yes I have. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Clowney is the better prospect. And it's not close.

Well agree to disagree, Dustin.  I usually agree with you about 95% of the time, and I really do appreciate your insight, and you're one of my favorite forum members.  I guess we can just sit back and see how this one plays out.

Curtis Painter would dominate Cincinnati too

Ummmm......yeah. I had season tix to every year of C.P. at Purdue.......wouldn't dominate Cincinnati. I swear, I about messed myself when Polian drafted him.....it was like my worst nightmare that I couldn't shake.

Guest TeamLoloJones

More athletic? Clowney is like 270 lbs and runs a 4.4.

Cbs sports has Clowney running a 4.56 and Barr running a 4.48.

I'm just saying that it's hard to say their is no Luck or Wilson in this draft. Hell, for all we know there could be someone better. Who would of predicted Nick Foles would throw 19 TD's and zero picks his second year in the league?

And Warren Moon was 6'3 220

Amen....no one could've predicted THAT from Foles, but I was very surprised when he fell to the 3rd round. His production at U of Arizona was very good considering the surrounding cast he had.

The volume of QBs that came out in that class, and maybe too much focus on other QBs combine athleticism, hurt Foles' draft stock....but the guy sees the field and makes plays.

It's starting to look like a great draft day move by the Eagles and an almost perfect situation for a QB to ease his way into the starting job.

Maybe Houston should trade down and hope they can pull off a similar approach to getting their next QB.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Those aren't official. We'll see at the combine.

I know.  I don't take their numbers too seriously.  I was actually suprised to see Barr that fast, and Clowney that "slow".  4.56 for a 270 lb DE would still be ridiculous.

I have come to realize the draft is like a lottery for 95 percent of the cases.

You get a no 1 overall pick who can be a bust, you get a 7th round hall of famer

Not really, if you go through the individual NFL drafts on Wikipedia they highlight the players who have made a pro-bowl.  Needless to say the vast majority of the players who make a pro-bowl are in the first round.  It's rare to see a 7th rounder that isn't a kicker or a punter or a full back make the pro-bowl.  

Not really, if you go through the individual NFL drafts on Wikipedia they highlight the players who have made a pro-bowl.  Needless to say the vast majority of the players who make a pro-bowl are in the first round.  It's rare to see a 7th rounder that isn't a kicker or a punter or a full back make the pro-bowl.  

There are many.

I can name several busts in first round too. Point is just deciding based on projections wont do anything. They have to come in and execute.