Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mario Harvey

atapcl

Maybe we should teach Mario Harvey more offensive plays. He is solid on STs but used very little in the base defense. He was used some last year as a blocking back in short yardage and he nullified a blitizing Titans player that probably would haved tackled DB for a loss on the Colts only TD. Our OL needs help and players with power like Mario could be used to chip DEs, rush LBs and penetrating DTs to give Luck that extra second to find a target.

I have liked Mario Harvey's non stop 'motor' since he arrived on the scene.  He is relentless on special teams, plays hard when inserted at LB, and has looked respectable in the goal line offense when inserted.

Maybe we could get him in as you say on offense instead of the '76 is eligible' and throw the defense off a little more...when Reitz comes in....UUHH UUUHH...seems like we are going to run about 95% of the time.  Ya think?  :)

You might have something there.....putting Harvey in for blocking. His legs look like tree stumps, and he's way too slow for LB. 

At LB...he is good against the run....has his real problems like Pat Angerer covering backs and TEs in the passing game.  I have always liked him on goal line blocking.  He will lay the pads/helmet to them!! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

I'd like to see Harvey rotated in a bit more in blitz packages at ILB to get more pressure up the middle, as long as we are not dropping him back into coverage I think he produce

I kind of like what I saw with speed and strength from McNary as well.....use em both Gav!!!  Still not liking Sheppard in there...