Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Toler, Havili, Conner all out Sunday vs. Arizona

ConBro

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised about Toler being out he's been injury prone most of his career, it was just a matter of time. Havilli being out will make us pass a lot more which will be a good thing because the Cards are so great against the run.

You say that like they don't have a Top 10 secondary. Patrick Peterson is easily a top 10 CB & he hasn't even been in the NFL that long

You say that like they don't have a Top 10 secondary. Patrick Peterson is easily a top 10 CB & he hasn't even been in the NFL that long

Outside of Peterson their secondary really isn't that good. Their ranked 20th against the pass and 2nd against the run.  Powers starting for them should give you an indication of how bad the secondary is.

Outside of Peterson their secondary really isn't that good. Their ranked 20th against the pass and 2nd against the run. Powers starting for them should give you an indication of how bad the secondary is.

I don't really read too much into ranks as a team

And given their pass rush vs our offensive line, their secondary will play better. Just hoping it doesn't turn into the Rams game part 2

so you wan't the worst running back on our roster....to start... and the best healthy running back on our roster... to play fullback. Makes total sense.

Thanks bro!

Also, Matt Hasselbeck is the "worst running back on our roster" from a statistical standpoint. 1 rush for -1 yard. But thanks for the input.

Thanks bro!

Also, Matt Hasselbeck is the "worst running back on our roster" from a statistical standpoint. 1 rush for -1 yard. But thanks for the input.

wow. I had no idea matt hasselbeck was a running back! What's next? andrew luck becoming our right guard and cassius vaughn taking over for luck at QB?

wow. I had no idea matt hasselbeck was a running back! What's next? andrew luck becoming our right guard and cassius vaughn taking over for luck at QB?

Take it easy bud. Look at our "Statistics" section on the colts.com page. Under "Rushing", it lists all players who have rushed this season, and their stats.

Edited by 21isSuperman

"Will Greg Toler ever play another down for the :colts: ?"

Yes

"Will Cassius Vaughn ever learn to turn his head before the ball gets to its target?"

No......He is a zone corner...he needs to be looking at the QB

"Will the Colts be able to run the ball without one of their best if not the best run blocker?"

yep......I hope

Which brings up another point ... will we actually be willing to come out of our man coverage and play zone if we start getting shredded with crossing routes, or will we be stubborn and refuse to play zone again.  And if we do go to zone does Vaughn actually do better?

I am hoping after seeing what staying in man did to us we practiced on some zone coverages for this game in case we need them.

i don't know you tell me. BTW I completely forgot about rainey and herron. I can't judge rainey off of 0 games with us. Herron has barely played, but when he came in, he did get a 57 yarder.

I thought you said T Rich was the worst RB on the roster?

Take it easy bud. Look at our "Statistics" section on the colts.com page. Under "Rushing", it lists all players who have rushed this season, and their stats.

look. I don't care if matt hasselbeck has -1 yards rushing. I clearly said "running back" which is something that matt hasseleck is not. I do agree though that bashing T rich has gone on too long. I will refrain from doing so until T rich does something new.

Which brings up another point ... will we actually be willing to come out of our man coverage and play zone if we start getting shredded with crossing routes, or will we be stubborn and refuse to play zone again.  And if we do go to zone does Vaughn actually do better?

I am hoping after seeing what staying in man did to us we practiced on some zone coverages for this game in case we need them.

Our Interior Linebackers would probably still get burned on the short crossing routes

Again, were not straying from the gameplan here. We elevated a TE from the practice squad this week, and that means in all likelyhood one of those guys will fill Havili's role. Probably Justice Cunningham, honestly.

Mario Harvey may also get a few plays at FB.

I don't know about those pass defensed numbers you said.

NFL.com has Powers with 10 pass defensed and Peterson with 9 pass defensed.

yeah... those are the Cardinals' numbers... I'm sure the real numbers are somewhere in the middle... I will say that I have watched them play a couple of times and Powers has looked good. Of course I've only seen them play junk teams with no QB...

I think we all know that Powers can be a good #2 corner if healthy and in the right system, but he just has never been healthy and didn't fit our new system. I hate the way that corners all seem to have more success after leaving Indy... In a football, way, of course... nothing personal against Jennings and co.

Powers will give up a few plays which has everyone mad and than all of a sudden he will get a interception, or make a big play. He is not a lock down corner but if I had to pick between him or our previous so called number 2 dbs, i would pick Powers. McFadden from Pitt was smh We also have Antoine Cason, but he is always on the bench. I think he should play more. 

Not surprised about Toler being out he's been injury prone most of his career, it was just a matter of time. Havilli being out will make us pass a lot more which will be a good thing because the Cards are so great against the run.

and this is why i keep telling cb is a major concern for us next yr, we blew it big when we coulda have grimmes for the same price as toler or drc and try to turn him back to his old form we when out and got an injury prone nickel corner to start...

Our Interior Linebackers would probably still get burned on the short crossing routes

as long as pat is in the middle we will never be an elite def he is just "TO SLOW" to be anything other than a 1 down LB to be honest we need to draft a guy that can run to pair with freeman 

Toler has the talent but injurys were a problem in Arizona too. Thats why I didn't like his signing. The problem with him is how many games he can play in a season.

that seems to be a command thing has talent but always hurt , toler ....why didnt we get grimmes or a proven guy who is healthy to brigde the gap we bring in and injury prone nickel corner and pay him like he has bin a starter for yrs 

that seems to be a command thing has talent but always hurt , toler ....why didnt we get grimmes or a proven guy who is healthy to brigde the gap we bring in and injury prone nickel corner and pay him like he has bin a starter for yrs

grimes was coming off an acl and is older

I understand not jumping at him. I like toler but thought we overpaid

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2013 - personal shot/baiting
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2013 - personal shot/baiting

look. I don't care if matt hasselbeck has -1 yards rushing. I clearly said "running back" which is something that matt hasseleck is not. I do agree though that bashing T rich has gone on too long. I will refrain from doing so until T rich does something new.

"Look." It was an attempt at humor which "clearly" went over your head. You must have gotten pulled over, or were late to work, or burned your hand on the stove, or SOMETHING to be so crabby. But whatever the reason, why don't you take the attitude elsewhere?

Thanks, pal.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2013 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2013 - response to hidden post

"Look." It was an attempt at humor which "clearly" went over your head. You must have gotten pulled over, or were late to work, or burned your hand on the stove, or SOMETHING to be so crabby. But whatever the reason, why don't you take the attitude elsewhere?

Thanks, pal.

ok. now you're the one taking this overboard. That kind of "humor" shows up everywhere on these forums. Just because it's directed at you doesn't mean you have to get so butt-hurt about it. Your taking something so little and insignificant, and making it look like I was actually angry about something. I just found it funny that you called our backup QB a halfback. I might have added extra remarks, but if that can get on your nerves so much, then you're the one who needs to calm down. 

ok. now you're the one taking this overboard. That kind of "humor" shows up everywhere on these forums. Just because it's directed at you doesn't mean you have to get so butt-hurt about it. Your taking something so little and insignificant, and making it look like I was actually angry about something. I just found it funny that you called our backup QB a halfback. I might have added extra remarks, but if that can get on your nerves so much, then you're the one who needs to calm down. 

Right. You were the one who was joking. Whatever you say. And "butthurt"? Way to be mature, fella. Whoever wants to check the posts will CLEARLY see YOU attack ME while I was discussing something with 1 other person. Yes, before you say that this is a "public thread", I'll remind you that I was the one who started the thread. You weren't joking around with me when you got "butthurt" over my idea of playing Brown at FB.

But keep telling yourself that you're the funniest bro on the internet. Stay classy bud! ;)

Right. You were the one who was joking. Whatever you say. And "butthurt"? Way to be mature, fella. Whoever wants to check the posts will CLEARLY see YOU attack ME while I was discussing something with 1 other person. Yes, before you say that this is a "public thread", I'll remind you that I was the one who started the thread. You weren't joking around with me when you got "butthurt" over my idea of playing Brown at FB.

But keep telling yourself that you're the funniest bro on the internet. Stay classy bud! ;)

Ok man, this has gone on long enough. I'd just like to say, I was just trying to mock you in a sarcastic way. I can't argue against  people who take things this personally. ( see bolded word's).