HtownColt

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hit my Colts app

Good signing! Goodbye David Reed!!!!! :wave: :cheer:

:colts:

@KBowenColts: The @Colts have signed RB-Chris Rainey to the active roster. He played in 16 games in 2012 for Pittsburgh and played a variety of roles.

Didn't you say in another thread the only way Reed is released is if Pagano leaves?

Hmm...

I don't think we have to cut anybody this week with Walden being suspended for 1 game. I could be wrong though

I think you could be right.  While Brazil was suspended he was on a suspended list that kept him under contract with the Colts but he wasn't a part of the 53 man roster.  

So if you get put on that list automatically when you are suspended, you could theoretically sign a guy for that one game, play it and then cut a player after the game when Walden comes back to keep us at 53.

Didn't you say in another thread the only way Reed is released is if Pagano leaves?

Hmm...

Yeah, and I still believe that. Saying goodbye David Reed is wishful thinking at the moment. If he isn't released after this move, then I'll really believe his ties with Chuck Pagano are the only reason he's here

And if he is cut, then I'll admit I was wrong. Doesn't matter to me

Yeah, and I still believe that. Saying goodbye David Reed is wishful thinking at the moment. If he isn't released after this move, then I'll really believe his ties with Chuck Pagano are the only reason he's here

It would be fine if you said 'I think' in your original posts... you do not however, you presented it as indisputable fact.

Hopefully this new as is followed by Reed being cut. Or is he even a decent wr worth a spot as a back up? I'd say nah...

Since Walden is out this week they may be taking advantage by trying Rainey out as a returner this week before they cut Reed next week.

At least that's what we can all hope.  

So here is a question, if this guy is a good returner why is it he's a free agent?  

The usual. Arrested on a battery charge, trouble with the law. 

He's a good returner though. 26.5 average and 7th in the NFL. Not a great pure running back but on screens he's explosive. 

Originally drafted last year by Pittsburgh in the fifth round, Rainey, played in all 16 games, totaling 26 rushes for 102 yards and two touchdowns and 14 receptions for 60 yards. He also returned 39 kickoffs for 1,035 yards (26.5 avg.) and three punts for 16 yards. His kickoff return average ranked fifth in the AFC and tied for seventh in the NFL.

The usual. Arrested on a battery charge, trouble with the law. 

He's a good returner though. 26.5 average and 7th in the NFL. Not a great pure running back but on screens he's explosive. 

Originally drafted last year by Pittsburgh in the fifth round, Rainey, played in all 16 games, totaling 26 rushes for 102 yards and two touchdowns and 14 receptions for 60 yards. He also returned 39 kickoffs for 1,035 yards (26.5 avg.) and three punts for 16 yards. His kickoff return average ranked fifth in the AFC and tied for seventh in the NFL.

Read on Wikipedia that the charge was dropped.  Although given the nature of the charge, the fact that it was dropped probably doesn't mean he was innocent in any way.  It's just that his GF declined to press charges.

I love the fact Rainey has blocked four kicks/punts.....of course I AM the Special Teams SNOB :)

Seriously? Nice! gotta love that speed. Hopefully he can be a good returner for us because he was with the Steelers. 

I love going after the punts....we need another non-stop motor on special teams....I am torn between having Rainey returning kicks and punts (Relieving number 1 TY of the punt return duties and cutting David Reed) or going for blocks....or as I would do...switch him back and forth based on situational football  :thmup:  :thmup:

I hope not.  Doyle has played very good ball.  We need a TE who can block.

I said Doyle would be cut a couple of weeks ago....kind of shocked Whalen got the ax.....Has there been a Deion Branch sighting at W 56th? (He is 34...but so is Reggie!)

Since, Doyle has been a bright spot in blocking.  He seals his man extremely well.

I said Doyle would be cut a couple of weeks ago....kind of shocked Whalen got the ax.....Has there been a Deion Branch sighting at W 56th? (He is 34...but so is Reggie!)

Since, Doyle has been a bright spot in blocking. He seals his man extremely well.

We had 6 WR on the 53 man roster. Thats a tad much. Griff Whalen was still practice squad eligible, and given his almost 19% drop rate (4th worst in the NFL, per PFF), slow speed, and lack of size, the team is probably ready to see what Rogers can do.

We had 6 WR on the 53 man roster. Thats a tad much. Griff Whalen was still practice squad eligible, and given his almost 19% drop rate (4th worst in the NFL, per PFF), slow speed, and lack of size, the team is probably ready to see what Rogers can do.

I agree.  If you are that small, then you need to be very quick.  If you are that small, and not all that fast, you better have some amazing hands.  he seems to be small, slow, and has average hands

I think we all are kind of anxious!!  :)  I would have cut David Reed personally.  He is not needed in today's sad state of affairs in the kicking game.  Is anybody else sick of all of the touchbacks....?  Might as well put the darned ball at the 20 everytime.  Lets go back to kicking 10 yards further back!!

I think we all are kind of anxious!! :) I would have cut David Reed personally. He is not needed in today's sad state of affairs in the kicking game. Is anybody else sick of all of the touchbacks....? Might as well put the darned ball at the 20 everytime. Lets go back to kicking 10 yards further back!!

David Reed isnt PS eligible, and at least has some speed that Whalen lacks. Rainey is Reeds replacement as KR (and maybe TY's as PR as well).