Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we pick up free agents for o-line?

bap1331

Is there a budget to make some small moves? I'm sure anything is better then we have now. Maybe they can even give our starters some competition. Why don't we use our backups?

The only reason I see for a change not being made is Pagano wanting stability in the offensive line.

Going into free agency this year for o-line won't help those guys are there because they aren't good. Have to wait until next year when will have 35 mil in cap space.

Top interior offensive linemen next year

1. Alex Mack C, Browns

2. Jon Asamoah G, Chiefs

3. Brian De la Puente C, Saints

Here's the cap situation

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/

I don't get it!  

I have't understood why they haven't signed the best available veteran free agent C; G, rush end & or WR.

The GM & coach's see how bad the run game as been for most games & see how many hits & sacks Luck takes, & see how many balls the wide outs drop & or how much they can't get open, yet they do nothing or sign inexperienced rookie type's off the practice squad. 

Yet they say they're interested in a super bowl this season?! I can't believe that.

I read where they have about 3 million left to spend this season. 

There's only half the season left. So they'd only have to pay vets half a season's salary each. 

I think the fact they do nothing to bring in guys who have game experience show's they're willing to just be satisfied with maybe 

winning the division. Nothing more. 

Peace

Going into free agency this year for o-line won't help those guys are there because they aren't good. Have to wait until next year when will have 35 mil in cap space.

Top interior offensive linemen next year

1. Alex Mack C, Browns

2. Jon Asamoah G, Chiefs

3. Brian De la Puente C, Saints

Here's the cap situation

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/

With the guys Grigson has gone after I don't think we'll get any of those 3 guys. Heck, we might not sign any lineman at all.

With the guys Grigson has gone after I don't think we'll get any of those 3 guys. Heck, we might not sign any lineman at all.

I want to see what we have in Holmes first but will never know until both Satele and Mcglynn are hurt at the same time( wishful thinking a sprained ankle won't be too bad).  Holmes is 6'3 219 lbs and Satele is 6'3 299 lbs, that's a huge weight differential. Holmes is stronger and a lot bigger and will be able to hold the point of attack, he also gets to the 2nd level a lot and get lb's. I think he's already better then Satele.

If Holmes can get a chance to play and he does well we won't need a C. In 2011 before the shoulder injury he was considered a late first to 2nd round prospect. Barkley had one of his best seasons that year but when Holmes was injured, he struggled. He also played great against Star Lotulelei. If he never gets a chance to even show case his skills then will probably go after a C in free agency.

I want to see what we have in Holmes first but will never know until both Satele and Mcglynn are hurt at the same time( wishful thinking a sprained ankle won't be too bad).  Holmes is 6'3 219 lbs and Satele is 6'3 299 lbs, that's a huge weight differential. Holmes is stronger and a lot bigger and will be able to hold the point of attack, he also gets to the 2nd level a lot and get lb's. I think he's already better then Satele.

If Holmes can get a chance to play and he does well we won't need a C. In 2011 before the shoulder injury he was considered a late first to 2nd round prospect. Barkley had one of his best seasons that year but when Holmes was injured, he struggled. He also played great against Star Lotulelei. If he never gets a chance to even show case his skills then will probably go after a C in free agency.

Holmes is 319 pounds. Don't forget we'll have Donald Thomas back next year and we'll still have Thornton.

Lol Holmes is nowhere near 219. Did you mean 319?

We need to spend all that money on Asamoah and Mack. LIke legit 30 mil is waaay more than enough for them. Time to get serious about the Superbowl Grigs. 

We were serious...the second week of the season.

Then it just deteriorated with all these injuries...

I don't get it!  

I have't understood why they haven't signed the best available veteran free agent C; G, rush end & or WR.

The GM & coach's see how bad the run game as been for most games & see how many hits & sacks Luck takes, & see how many balls the wide outs drop & or how much they can't get open, yet they do nothing or sign inexperienced rookie type's off the practice squad. 

Yet they say they're interested in a super bowl this season?! I can't believe that.

I read where they have about 3 million left to spend this season. 

There's only half the season left. So they'd only have to pay vets half a season's salary each. 

I think the fact they do nothing to bring in guys who have game experience show's they're willing to just be satisfied with maybe 

winning the division. Nothing more. 

Peace

What free agent centers and guards are available right now? What rush ends are available (and why are you worried about a rush end)? What wide receivers are available?

OMG, Grigson and Pagano suck, they are signing guys I know of and that means that they don't really want to win! Our line sucks, we should sign a lineman to fix it! Our receivers suck, why haven't we signed Randy Moss yet???

Seriously? Get real. There are no receivers available right now. Period. We've been through this already. You don't sign free agent linemen and stick them in the lineup in Week 11 and expect your blocking to improve. That's silly. I'm not sure why anyone is complaining about a rush end. We have the best pass rusher in the league right now.

We signed two very highly rated linemen in the offseason. One was playing better than anyone else earlier this year, before he got hurt. The other is playing reasonably well. We bolstered our defensive front with players that have done a good job playing the run and rushing the passer. For all the griping about Walden, he's been one of the best defensive players on the team the past three games. We signed a receiver with tools who hasn't done a good job producing, but he was to go along with an already young but promising stable of skill guys.

Speaking of which...

Reggie Wayne is on IR. Dwayne Allen is on IR. Vick Ballard is on IR. Ahmad Bradshaw is on IR. That's four of our top seven skill guys, gone for the year. Most of them have been gone since early this year. Our team has been hit -- hard -- with injuries. The front office went out and did practically anything they could to add quality and depth to the roster, and every skill spot on the offense outside of quarterback has been hit with significant losses. And you're complaining about Grigson and Pagano not being serious about winning? Stop it.

This is just absolute nonsense. I say again, get real. I'm not over the moon with every move and every coaching decision the team has made. But all this whining about the way the roster is being managed is asinine. 

Every contending team has to deal with injuries. That packers sb run was defined by "Next man up"

And their offensive line was terrible. Gave up nearly 40 sacks, didn't have a rusher outside of Rodgers do better than 3.7 yards/carry. He had 4 of their 11 rushing touchdowns.

We need to spend all that money on Asamoah and Mack. LIke legit 30 mil is waaay more than enough for them. Time to get serious about the Superbowl Grigs. 

I hope Holmes gets a chance to play a little bit this year, so we can see what he's made of. I think Thornton is fine at RG, with Thomas back at LG. Castonzo and Cherilus are the bookends. Only question is the center, and Satele is still under contract. If we get rid of him -- keep your fingers crossed -- I would expect us to pencil Holmes in, to be honest. And I'm fine with that, rather than spending a bunch of money on Mack (who will probably be re-signed or tagged by the Browns anyways).