Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coltsguy510's Colts Mock Draft

2. WR Donte Moncrief: We need a WR. DHB just isn't cutting it and Reggie is getting up there in age. Moncrief is that WR. He is a big WR in the mold of Anquan Boldin. He gets great separation with his route running and is deceptively fast. Could be a great get at this point in the draft.

3. OG David Yankey: May be a bit of a stretch to get him at this point, but there's still a chance he falls. And if he does, we should be very excited. Yankey is a very versatile lineman. He is always looking to get better and is a natural leader. He would compete for our starting OG spot and kick Mcglynn outa there for good. Also knows the offense and could fit right into it.

5. DE Ed Stinson: Stinson is a high motor, strong player at the DE position. He is good against the run and starts for Alabama. Versatile player that can play in the 3-4 and 4-3. Should give us some depth to help our run D.

2.Brandon Coleman-WR Rutgers- Does not have elite speed but is 6'5 225lbs, physical, has consistent hands, good route runner, can go up and get the ball (I'd like Jordan Matthews ideally but I dont think he will fall to us)

3.Jeremiaha Attaochu-Quick first step, has been used to cover out in the slot, Takes good angles to the ball, Needs to develop pass rush moves more, Has size, speed and athleticism (Scott Crichton OLB from Oregon State is another idea)

5.Chris Borland-ILB-Wisconsin-Down hill interior linebacker that plays very smart and has potential to be a big time leader of the defense once he gets comfortable in the NFL, He is not bad in coverage either, Flashes a good spin move to shed blocks from ILB

Sign: Alex Mack, Jeremy Maclin

I believe in Da'rick Rogers i think he's gonna be good. Dwayne Allen will be back next year and T.Y and Fleener will be much improved. Wayne probably won't be the same player after the injury given his age. T.Y, Maclin, and Rogers will be a really good trio so i don't think WR will be a huge need.

2. Yawin Smallwood, ILB, 6'3 240 lbs, Connecticut - 3rd best ILB in the draft great against the run and pass. He reminds me a lot  of Navarro Bowman. Angerer and Conner are free agents and both aren't good.

3. Andre Hall, CB, 6'0 190 lbs, Vanderbilt - Physical press CB with good speed. Toler can't stay healthy and Vaughn isn't a good backup.

5. Jeremiah Sirles, OT, 6'5 310 lbs, Nebraska - Castonzo will be entering his final year, i do think will resign him but we don't have any depth behind him and Cherilus. Sirles is a great run blocker and good pass blocker.

Sign: Sam Shields

Alex Mack

Selvish Capers

Arthur Jones

Rolando Mcclain ( if he returns)

Draft:

2. Allen Robinson WR, 6'3 210 Penn State- Big WR who can actually hold onto the ball ( unless interfered with), can potentially be a great #1 WR

3. Shayne Skov ILB, 6'3 244 Stanford- great QB spy potential(don't believe me- watch oregon game), reminds me a little of Brian Cushing, Great run stopper with good blitzing ability. can a bit of a thump with his hits

5. Sean Parker SS, 5'10 195 Washington- has great vision when on the field, can be great back up for Bethea or Landry and on the off chance he goes, Parker would be a great replacement for Bethea

6. Tyler Larsen C 6'4 312 Utah State- good blocker, would be a huge steal if we can get him here, makes Satele more likely to be expendable

7.Carlos Hyde RB 6'0 235 Ohio State- may drop due to off the field issues, and TBH I hope so, this guy is a powerful runner, reminds a bit like Ahmad Bradshaw, alternatively, he's a good blocker, can be used as a FB

Alex Mack

Selvish Capers

Arthur Jones

Draft:

2. Allen Robinson WR, 6'3 210 Penn State- Big WR who can actually hold onto the ball ( unless interfered with), can potentially be a great #1 WR

3. Shayne Skov ILB, 6'3 244 Stanford- great QB spy potential(don't believe me- watch oregon game), reminds me a little of Brian Cushing, Great run stopper with good blitzing ability. can a bit of a thump with his hits

5. Sean Parker SS, 5'10 195 Washington- has great vision when on the field, can be great back up for Bethea or Landry and on the off chance he goes, Parker would be a great replacement for Bethea

6. Tyler Larsen C 6'4 312 Utah State- good blocker, would be a huge steal if we can get him here, makes Satele more likely to be expendable

7.Carlos Hyde RB 6'0 235 Ohio State- may drop due to off the field issues, and TBH I hope so, this guy is a powerful runner, reminds a bit like Ahmad Bradshaw, alternatively, he's a good blocker, can be used as a FB

The only thing I like about this is Skov in draft and Shields and Mack in FA

Can we really look forward to the draft with so few picks?

It's not the number of picks that matter, but what you make of them.

2010:

1st round - Jerry Hughes

2nd round - Pat Angerer

3rd round - Kevin Thomas

4th round - James McGlendon

5th round - Brody Eldridge

7th round - Kavell Conner

7th round - Ray Fisher

7th round - Riccardo Matthews

2011:

1st round - Anthony Castonzo

2nd round - Ben Ijalana

3rd round - Drake Nevis

4th round - Delone Carter

6th round - Chris Rucker

2012:

1st round - Andrew Luck

2nd round - Coby Fleener

3rd round - Dwayne Allen

3rd round - T.Y. Hilton

5th round - Josh Chapman

5th round - Vick Ballard

6th round - LaVon Brazil

7th round - Justin Anderson

7th round - Tim Fugger

7th round - Chandler Harnish

2013:

1st round - Bjoern Werner

3rd round - Hugh Thornton

4th round - Khaled Holmes

5th round - Montori Hughes

6th round - John Boyett

7th round - Kerwynn Williams

7th round - Justice Cunningham

Quite a number of those picks didn't really make it for one reason or another.

And lets not even begin to mention the player we missed, but could have had.

Alex Mack

Selvish Capers

Arthur Jones

Draft:

Like this but why selvish capers? He sucks. Hyde was very good today. I'm a very big fan of skov. Would rather have Yankey in the second if he's there. I would wait til 2015 to try and draft amari cooper to be our #1 and maybe sign maclin to a 1 year deal like the dolphins did with grimes.

It's not the number of picks that matter, but what you make of them.

2010:

1st round - Jerry Hughes

2nd round - Pat Angerer

3rd round - Kevin Thomas

4th round - James McGlendon

5th round - Brody Eldridge

7th round - Kavell Conner

7th round - Ray Fisher

7th round - Riccardo Matthews

2011:

1st round - Anthony Castonzo

2nd round - Ben Ijalana

3rd round - Drake Nevis

4th round - Delone Carter

6th round - Chris Rucker

2012:

1st round - Andrew Luck

2nd round - Coby Fleener

3rd round - Dwayne Allen

3rd round - T.Y. Hilton

5th round - Josh Chapman

5th round - Vick Ballard

6th round - LaVon Brazil

7th round - Justin Anderson

7th round - Tim Fugger

7th round - Chandler Harnish

2013:

1st round - Bjoern Werner

3rd round - Hugh Thornton

4th round - Khaled Holmes

5th round - Montori Hughes

6th round - John Boyett

7th round - Kerwynn Williams

7th round - Justice Cunningham

Quite a number of those picks didn't really make it for one reason or another.

And lets not even begin to mention the player we missed, but could have had.

Who are you referring to at the end? I'm curious

Like this but why selvish capers? He sucks. Hyde was very good today. I'm a very big fan of skov. Would rather have Yankey in the second if he's there. I would wait til 2015 to try and draft amari cooper to be our #1 and maybe sign maclin to a 1 year deal like the dolphins did with grimes.

Capers would be brought in for depth, better than Mcglynn.

Hyde I feel is very under the radar, and would be a steal.

I like Yankey aswell but I feel we need a future #1 WR in this years draft like Allen Robinson or if it was in next years draft, then TY montgemery or Dorial Green Beckham.

It seems we need a good ILB and I feel Skov would be ideal in that position.

Capers would be brought in for depth, better than Mcglynn.

Hyde I feel is very under the radar, and would be a steal.

I like Yankey aswell but I feel we need a future #1 WR in this years draft like Allen Robinson or if it was in next years draft, then TY montgemery or Dorial Green Beckham.

It seems we need a good ILB and I feel Skov would be ideal in that position.

I like Allen Robinson, Moncrief, and Devonte Parker if one fell to the 3rd round. Shane Skov is good vs the run and blitzer but he's slow and just as bad as Angerer in coverage. If were gonna get a ILB A.J Johnson and Yawin Smallwood are more likely and  will have to get one in the 2nd round.