Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Halfway AFC seeds

-JJ-

I already debunked your point every which way. I was on to the real discussion about AFC seeds and your belief that the Pats will not represent the AFC in the conference champ game. Their Dec record says they will be right there.

They had a good offense those years tho.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already debunked your point every which way. I was on to the real discussion about AFC seeds and your belief that the Pats will not represent the AFC in the conference champ game. Their Dec record says they will be right there.

I would be careful less you love crow :) Current points or lack of will have nothing to do with who will be there

So true. I will take the shut down D any day over the high flying O.

I'm afraid the shut down D has turned into the wounded D and I had high hopes at the start of the season. I do think they are playing tough and scrappy with the replacements but I wouldn't want to bet on them.

But we'll see. Zoe was right on one thing, the D was experienced and talented enough to carry them the early part of the season but it would takes 8 weeks for the O to find their stride.

Current AFC Division leaders (Plus Denver)/Schedule Breakdown

The Colts (6-2) face 4 teams currently .500 or better the rest of the year... @Bengals, Titans, @Titans, @Chiefs

The Broncos (7-1) face 6 teams currently .500 or better... @Chargers, Chargers, @Chiefs, Chiefs, @ Patriots, Titans

The Chiefs (9-0) face 5 teams currently .500 or better... Colts, Chargers, @Chargers, Broncos, @Broncos

The Patriots (7-2) face 2 teams currently .500 or better... @Panthers, Broncos 

All 4 teams are separated by a max of 2 games with the Colts holding the tie-breaker over the Broncos. (Other tiebreakers YTBD)

I think its possible given the schedule that the Patriots and Colts could be the #1 and #2 seeds and have a byes for the AFC Playoffs.

For the Record the Bengals (6-3) are 3 games off the pace and have 2 games left against teams currently .500 or better.... @Chargers, Colts

No you didn't. There was nothing wrong with your statement.

You made no mention of the possibility of it happening this year, nor that the teams were in the same division.

Your scenario was good.

He specifically said they were in the same division, where the 15-1 team is forced in to a 5th seed by a 16-0 team. Its mathematically impossible.

However, two teams can be 15-1 in the same division (win all other games, split the 2 h2h games). In this case, the team with the weaker strength of schedule loses the tiebreaker, and the first and fifth seed would have the same record. This is the only scenario where a 1 loss team is a wildcard, however.

He specifically said they were in the same division, where the 15-1 team is forced in to a 5th seed by a 16-0 team. Its mathematically impossible.

However, two teams can be 15-1 in the same division (win all other games, split the 2 h2h games). In this case, the team with the weaker strength of schedule loses the tiebreaker, and the first and fifth seed would have the same record. This is the only scenario where a 1 loss team is a wildcard, however.

Actually, he did not specifically say that, but I went back and re-read it, and there's no other way what he proposed could be considered. So, you're right.

I understand the math part of it.

I'm afraid the shut down D has turned into the wounded D and I had high hopes at the start of the season. I do think they are playing tough and scrappy with the replacements but I wouldn't want to bet on them.

But we'll see. Zoe was right on one thing, the D was experienced and talented enough to carry them the early part of the season but it would takes 8 weeks for the O to find their stride.

I think you have to wait to see how things look when Talib is back. He is as important to the defense as Gronk is to the offense. Also that DL from the Eagles looked good in limited action last week so if he pans out and can help with the run then the D will be formidable. I have been pleased with how the rookies have looked - Chris Jones, Logan, Harmon. Hopefully Bill can continue to coach them up.

No you didn't. There was nothing wrong with your statement.

You made no mention of the possibility of it happening this year, nor that the teams were in the same division.

Your scenario was good.

My intent was within the same division but since you can't rule on intent I'll pick up the flag :)

I think you have to wait to see how things look when Talib is back. He is as important to the defense as Gronk is to the offense. Also that DL from the Eagles looked good in limited action last week so if he pans out and can help with the run then the D will be formidable. I have been pleased with how the rookies have looked - Chris Jones, Logan, Harmon. Hopefully Bill can continue to coach them up.

Talib will be big and that can take the pressure off a front 7 but there's no doubt Mayo was big, nevermind Wilfork. Now we have to be more creative in stopping the run without them.

I would love that in a way but would be nervous the whole time. Another loss will humiliate us like how the giants own the patriots. And another year of obnoxious saints fans bragging.

However we do have a better defense and a good offense to keep it moving

If the AFC seeds end up like

#1 Chiefs (14-2)

#2 Colts (13-3)

#3 Patriots (13-3)

#4 Bengals (11-5)

#5 Broncos (13-3)

#6 Jets/Chargers (10-6)

Things could get real interesting.

Things WILL get interesting./.

So hard to see KC at 14-2..with 4 division games left with Denver and SD..and a home game with Indy

That could easily be 5 losses.

and I'd take the jets at 6-10 before I'd call them 10-6

Indy looks like 11-5 just like 2012..

Things just got interesting with BOTH the Colts and Bengals losing. The Ravens are right there now just as I thought they would be for the North. And the Colts may have a tough time the rest of the way given their O issues without Reggie. Still expect them to win the South though.

All of the divisions are tight right now but i think Pats and Denver and KC separate down the stretch....

Things just got interesting with BOTH the Colts and Bengals losing. The Ravens are right there now just as I thought they would be for the North. And the Colts may have a tough time the rest of the way given their O issues without Reggie. Still expect them to win the South though.

All of the divisions are tight right now but i think Pats and Denver and KC separate down the stretch....

KC is a joke offensively, and will be a wildcard team. If Denver beats San Diego, I see them losing maybe 1 more game this year and sewing up the top seed.

The Ravens can not, and will not win the North. The Bengals have to large a lead on them, and they are too inconsistent as a team. Ravens are mediocre at best this year. If you want a darkhorse to overtake the Bengals in that division, the answer is the Browns, not the Ravens.

KC is a joke offensively, and will be a wildcard team. If Denver beats San Diego, I see them losing maybe 1 more game this year and sewing up the top seed.

The Ravens can not, and will not win the North. The Bengals have to large a lead on them, and they are too inconsistent as a team. Ravens are mediocre at best this year. If you want a darkhorse to overtake the Bengals in that division, the answer is the Browns, not the Ravens.

I am not sure about KC. I want the stout D this time of year but their two games against Denver will decide the division. Having a game lead on them bodes well for them if they can split with Denver. Denver's game in NE is huge too as if they lose there then they may give up the first seed to the Pats.

In terms of the AFC North, the Ravens and Browns have the same record and both are one game behind the Bengals in the loss column. THe Bengalls have lost to both of them so far which does not bode well for them in the division. The Ravens play the Bengals the last game of the season and I think that game will decide the North. I can see the Ravens winning it as they are more battle tested when it comes to winning big games. The Browns will fade.

I am not sure about KC. I want the stout D this time of year but their two games against Denver will decide the division. Having a game lead on them bodes well for them if they can split with Denver. Denver's game in NE is huge too as if they lose there then they may give up the first seed to the Pats.

In terms of the AFC North, the Ravens and Browns have the same record and both are one game behind the Bengals in the loss column. THe Bengalls have lost to both of them so far which does not bode well for them in the division. The Ravens play the Bengals the last game of the season and I think that game will decide the North. I can see the Ravens winning it as they are more battle tested when it comes to winning big games. The Browns will fade.

Agree - any dark horses and you favor the veteran experience which the Ravens have over the Browns.

Things are getting interesting for the last wild card spot- Jets lose, Dolphins win, Ravens lose, Steelers win. This means there are four teams within a game of that last spot with Miami and Jets on the inside track at 5-5.

The division leaders got more room with the exception of the West which will get interesting after tonight's game.