Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Larry Fitzgerald

Manning1887

The contract would have to be renegotiated. I think it comes down to whether Larry would do so to play for a contender for the rest of his career. He is 30, but he could have 5 to 6 more good years left a la Reggie Wayne.

I really feel that you can get him for a couple of 2nd rounders or even a 2nd and a 3rd given his contract. Not every team can handle it and the Cardinals don't want to deal with it either.

These are big ifs and a deal is not likely.

To the person that posted a question about Heyward-Bey, I highly doubt the Colts keep DHB past this year as he has shown poor hands and a nerve-racking desire to jump when he catches the ball.

Pretty sure if/when Fitzgerald is traded, he'll redo his contract.

im sure he would love to be traded to the Colts to have a better chance of making the Super Bowl and getting a ring. Im sorry but its not happening in Arizona for another 25-30 years....

I want Larry Fitz as the X, Calvin Johnson as the Z, and Welker in the slot. Dont'care what you do with DHB, TY Hilton, and Whalen, Reed, Rogers.  Cut, trade, send them on a long vacation to the Caribbean.... Just get it done by 4:00 pm today Grigson!  

:loco:  :bossy:  :unicorn:

oh and don't trade anything of any kind of real value to make that happen. 

It's possible the Cards may release him next season. But he's not going to play for anything we can afford.

From Fox Sports:

"a trade would become more likely but would also become more challenging due to the contract extension Fitzgerald signed a little over a year ago. When that deal kicks in after the season, Fitzgerald's salary for 2014 will go up to $12.75 million, and his cap hit will be a whopping $18 million. In addition, Fitzgerald has an $8 million roster bonus due before the 2015 season, so any team acquiring him would be making a huge financial commitment to a player who is most likely near the end of his prime."

I don't think we'd do this, but even if we took his current contract, the cap hit wouldn't be $18m. The bonus hits stay with Arizona, so it would be more like $12m. And the Colts have cap space in 2014, so we could afford it. Again, I doubt this happens, but the numbers can be worked out.