Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BJOERN WERNER

ColtsUrUs

Guest TeamLoloJones

The crazy things is...we have all these offensive players gone for the year: Bradshaw, Wayne, Allen, Ballard, Thomas...but when Bjoern comes back our entire Defense will be healthy.  It's amazing how unlucky we have been on offense and lucky we have been on defense.  We have had D players banged up all year, but no one is gone for the year.

The crazy things is...we have all these offensive players gone for the year: Bradshaw, Wayne, Allen, Ballard, Thomas...but when Bjoern comes back our entire Defense will be healthy.  It's amazing how unlucky we have been on offense and lucky we have been on defense.  We have had D players banged up all year, but no one is gone for the year.

Very good point. Its unlucky that Bjoern lost, what 5 games?, for that critical rookie defender experience. But I look for him to pick up and keep improving. Would love to see him get a sack in his first game back. He'll be crucial come playoff time. Especially now that Walden is playing so much better. Adding another dedicated and effective pass rusher will make us that much more difficult to score on.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Very good point. Its unlucky that Bjoern lost, what 5 games?, for that critical rookie defender experience. But I look for him to pick up and keep improving. Would love to see him get a sack in his first game back. He'll be crucial come playoff time. Especially now that Walden is playing so much better. Adding another dedicated and effective pass rusher will make us that much more difficult to score on.

Teams are really going to have to start paying more attention to Mathis.  That should free up Walden and Werner if he plays opposite Mathis.

I hope you were furiously knocking on wood when you posted that.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I hope you were furiously knocking on wood when you posted that.

I should have posted it...but yes I knocked on wood so hard I broke a coffee table.

Other than him being available to give a breather or in case of injury he really does not add that much to the defense.  I would like to see him get back and get some experience so hopefully he can improve, but I haven't really missed his presence. 

Other than him being available to give a breather or in case of injury he really does not add that much to the defense. I would like to see him get back and get some experience so hopefully he can improve, but I haven't really missed his presence.

Took freeney awhile to catch on also. The difference I see as if now is Werner is much stronger and plays the run better. He will have to learn some new tricks cause he can't just over power everyone in the NFL like he did college.