Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pathetic!

colts_100nascar17fan

Its the word of the day along with embarrassing. Junk offensive play,shotty defense,poor special teams(except adam). They will get torched by peyton if they play this way again. The new formula for beating us-on offense is blitz from all different directions,play tight on the wr's while doing it or jam them at the line,play the pass only cuz we cant run it well enuff to be scary. When we on defense just run it smash mouth and quick hitters along with short quick passes to neutralize the pass rush and keep the clock running! Hopefully we dont play like some past teams years ago by playing down to the bad teams. Get rid of fleenor,dhb,few o-lineman,linebackers on inside except freeman,mcafee is having a very poor year to and its a contract year-didnt see that coming.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its the word of the day along with embarrassing. Junk offensive play,shotty defense,poor special teams(except adam). They will get torched by peyton if they play this way again. The new formula for beating us-on offense is blitz from all different directions,play tight on the wr's while doing it or jam them at the line,play the pass only cuz we cant run it well enuff to be scary. When we on defense just run it smash mouth and quick hitters along with short quick passes to neutralize the pass rush and keep the clock running! Hopefully we dont play like some past teams years ago by playing down to the bad teams. Get rid of fleenor,dhb,few o-lineman,linebackers on inside except freeman,mcafee is having a very poor year to and its a contract year-didnt see that coming.

Well you certainly zeroed in on the Colts weaknesses but also overstated them. Doesn't every team have weaknesses and bad games?

I understand though, last nights game was not fun to watch, it felt like waste of time to me. The game wasn't even entertaining.

Word of the day is "overreaction"

Pep's reluctance to give up on telegraphing run plays and refusal to hardly ever go uptempo, no huddle or run 3 and 4 wide sets is starting to become a trend so criticism of the offensive playcalling can no longer be called an over reaction, maybe after the Dolphins game, but not now...I'm actually worried he is too dumb to make adjustments or too stubborn idk..

Pep's reluctance to give up on telegraphing run plays and refusal to hardly ever go uptempo, no huddle or run 3 and 4 wide sets is starting to become a trend so criticism of the offensive playcalling can no longer be called an over reaction, maybe after the Dolphins game, but not now...I'm actually worried he is too dumb to make adjustments or too stubborn idk..

If the receivers cant hold onto the ball, is that poor playcalling?

If the receivers cant hold onto the ball, is that poor playcalling?

Oh man..they dropped balls sure, I'm saying we throw downs away in the power formation..If we will just change our style we won't be in so many 3rd downs where drops are so critical because we are gonna have drops it happens every game it just gets magnified cause we unnecessarilly put our self in holes even in the Seattle game....The San Fran game is what Pep fans point to, but that's 1 out of 6 and they had no Vernon Davis which kills them, with Vernon that game could have been different and was close till the 4th anyways...

Oh man..they dropped balls sure, I'm saying we throw downs away in the power formation..If we will just change our style we won't be in so many 3rd downs where drops are so critical because we are gonna have drops it happens every game it just gets magnified cause we unnecessarilly put our self in holes even in the Seattle game....The San Fran game is what Pep fans point to, but that's 1 out of 6 and they had no Vernon Davis which kills them, with Vernon that game could have been different and was close till the 4th anyways...

I kinda get that drops are magnified when there's not that many passing plays to begin with. But it still comes down to drops last night, specifically 3rd down drops. If those passes weren't dropped, they would've lead to more passes.

I don't think the Colts are as run heavy as some of you are suggesting. They passed about twice as much as they ran, Colts are a balanced team. It ....just... came...down...to...drops

I kinda get that drops are magnified when there's not that many passing plays to begin with. But it still comes down to drops last night, specifically 3rd down drops. If those passes weren't dropped, they would've lead to more passes.

I don't think the Colts are as run heavy as some of you are suggesting. They passed about twice as much as they ran, Colts are a balanced team. It ....just... came...down...to...drops

Can you say that again, but a little slower so everyone gets it?

Pat is ranked 20th in the league for gross yards and 27th net yards. Very poor year to date!

Rankings don't really say how he's playing. What's the difference between 20th and 10th?

And it's unfair to hold net yards against the punter. We've let some punt returns come back for an extra five or ten yards more than they should have this season. No disasters yet, but the punt coverage hasn't been impressive.

Well that and our defense couldn't get us the ball.

It's not the running part, it's how they run and telegraph it that kills me...It's basically just throwing downs away, maybe they will learn some things from watching Broncos tape this week, they say it's a copycat league and Pep needs to copy somebody cause his play calling decisions stink...

those stats literally mean nothing.

Actually, if we're being literal, they mean that Pat's average is 20th in the league, and we're 27th in net punting yards. Literally.

Now there's absolutely no significance to either of those stats on their own, but literally, they mean just what they say.

Okay, I'm done now.

Rankings don't really say how he's playing. What's the difference between 20th and 10th?

And it's unfair to hold net yards against the punter. We've let some punt returns come back for an extra five or ten yards more than they should have this season. No disasters yet, but the punt coverage hasn't been impressive.

10 spots? As irrelevant as punters may be in the stat and overall performance to a team, they have to be held accountable like everyone else.

Is it unfair for a running back to be graded on yards per carry or total yards for that matter? Just blame it on the offensive line for not opening big enough holes? some get it done and others do not.