Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's Peyton Going To Do When He's Done On The Field?

mightisright

Hey all. I was just wondering what do you all think Peyton's going to do when he's done playing football. Somebody just posted elsewhere that he'd be in a tv/commentary booth somewhere. I personally think he loves the game too much to just watch it. I think he'll coach. What do you all think he'll do? Hopefully this is in 4-5 years, of course!

Hey all. I was just wondering what do you all think Peyton's going to do when he's done playing football. Somebody just posted elsewhere that he'd be in a tv/commentary booth somewhere. I personally think he loves the game too much to just watch it. I think he'll coach. What do you all think he'll do? Hopefully this is in 4-5 years, of course!

QB coach for the colts

I think he will coach. The guy is a football junkie and he has so much knowledge to give to other players. I think it would drive him nuts to sit in a booth and watch others play without being able to give them his input.

Edited by Balzer40

I think after he retires he will take 4-5 years off ,or longer, to just relax and spend time with family. I also believe that if he wants to coach the Colts will be the first to offer him a job.

I dream that he will take over the coaching position for the Colts. I think he would be an amazing coach. He bleeds football. Him coaching, and his padawan, Curtis, throwing the ball... All would be good in the land of the horseshoe.

During an interview with Dan Patrick last year, Peyton said he honestly cannot see himself going into coaching because one thing being on the sidelines and calling the plays for Sorgi, Painter, etc, is that when he's not actually on the field, he SUCKS at play calling.

Personally I think it's a shame, I think he'd make an incredible coach

Any darn Thing He Wants To. HE's PEYTON.

He and his wife just had twins, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him actually retire for a little while, and stay home with them. As much as he loves football, he's a big time family man. I do expect him to get into coaching at some point though, and I'd expect it to be with the Colts in some capacity. Something like the road that Larry Bird has taken. First a coach, then a front office position. I hope he doesn't waste his football mind just sitting behind a desk and being another talking head.

He'll be Rex Ryan's Offensive co-ordinator..