Jags LT Monroe traded to Ravens.

Dustin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a good move for Jacksonville. Glad to see Caldwell is being proactive about getting the picks to start instilling his guys and getting some actual talent in to that Jaguars roster. Barring busts and bad evaluations, that's a franchise looking up in my opinion.

It's still essentially a white flag for this season though, but honestly you can't blame them. There is literally zero offensive spark on that team.

each to there own.

Not really, pretty much every metric has Castanzo kicking the crap out of most LT's week in and week out. He's been a phenomenal bright spot on Indy's O-Line, and an anchor in both pass and run blocking. The only real issue is the interior line, and the mess that is Satele, McGlynn, and Linkenbach. 

Its a good move for Jacksonville. Glad to see Caldwell is being proactive about getting the picks to start instilling his guys and getting some actual talent in to that Jaguars roster. Barring busts and bad evaluations, that's a franchise looking up in my opinion.

It's still essentially a white flag for this season though, but honestly you can't blame them. There is literally zero offensive spark on that team.

And there wont be until Gabbert is a backup somewhere else

I never said he was the best in the division i actually have Duane Brown in my top 5 but he's been elite this year.

If were talking this year then yes I'd give him the elite status, overall for whole career no. With that said he has elite skills if only he will continue to move his feet in pass protection instead of lunging

Guest TeamLoloJones

My honest opinion, AC is in the top 3 of best starting LT's at run blocking, and about 12th-15th at pass blocking.  I'd say he's about 8th-10th overall best LT in the NFL.

Here's a crazy stat:

With Monroe gone, Uche Nwaneri is the ONLY player on that team from the 2007-2009 NFL Draft.

Goes to show you how bad that team is at drafting and how they have problems on the field and in the office building. 

Costanzo is definitely the best run blocking LT in the league and he's top 10 in pass protection, he's elite.

Best in run blocking? Top 10 in pass protection?

I like Castonzo a lot, I think he's doing a fine job this year, but no one way in helll is he top 10 in any of those categories.

I like Castonzo a lot, I think he's doing a fine job this year, but no one way in helll is he top 10 in any of those categories.

he absolutely is. In the past 3 weeks he's only allowed 4 hurries and has had the highest PBE in the league.

For the last three games Anthony Castonzo has looked like the best left tackle in the NFL. After his Week 1 debacle against Oakland, Castonzo has given up just four pressures and has been downgraded in the running game just four times as well. In those three games he totaled a grade of +13.4 with his highest grade of +4.8 coming against the Jaguars. Castonzo’s Pass Blocking Efficiency is now up to 94.4 and he is our 5th highest graded tackle.

Per PFF. Now this is of course through 4 games.

Here's a crazy stat:

With Monroe gone, Uche Nwaneri is the ONLY player on that team from the 2007-2009 NFL Draft.

Goes to show you how bad that team is at drafting and how they have problems on the field and in the office building. 

Good thing Gene Smith got fired, and a whole new front office took over.

It's a refrence to PFF's grading system for linemen, according to their grades, Castonzo is both those things, for the 5th best graded LT in the pros right now

Guys, I got a lot of replies. So I'll say this:

Those are from the past 3 weeks, and IT'S ACCORDING TO A WEBSITE!!! It's not a fact!! Get that straight about PFF.

According to ESPN, Andrew Luck did better Week 1 than Manning's 7 TD performance.

I love Castonzo, and maybe he's been those things the last 3 weeks, but it's 3 weeks.

Overall, I'd take Thomas, Brown, Long, Roos, Peters, Solder (who funny enough PFF says is the best tackle in football the last 3 weeks), Staley, Okung (although not now with the injury), Ferguson and Whitworth over him any day of the week.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Here's a crazy stat:

Before you put down another teams drafting woes, we only have 3 players still on the team from the same time period.  Donald Brown, Fili Moala, and Pat McAfee.  

Before you put down another teams drafting woes, we only have 3 players still on the team from the same time period.  Donald Brown, Fili Moala, and Pat McAfee.  

Which is disappointing, but the Colts went through a whole rebuild phase and dumped a lot of those guys in the Manning to Luck transition phase. 

Guys, I got a lot of replies. So I'll say this:

Those are from the past 3 weeks, and IT'S ACCORDING TO A WEBSITE!!! It's not a fact!! Get that straight about PFF.

According to ESPN, Andrew Luck did better Week 1 than Manning's 7 TD performance.

I love Castonzo, and maybe he's been those things the last 3 weeks, but it's 3 weeks.

Overall, I'd take Thomas, Brown, Long, Roos, Peters, Solder (who funny enough PFF says is the best tackle in football the last 3 weeks), Staley, Okung (although not now with the injury), Ferguson and Whitworth over him any day of the week.

Long is awful.

and PFFs grading sytem is irrelevant. He's only given up 4 hurries in the past 3 weeks.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Which is disappointing, but the Colts went through a whole rebuild phase and dumped a lot of those guys in the Manning to Luck transition phase. 

So we get a pass, but you can make fun of them?  Not a very objective analysis... They have change GMs and Coaches too.

This is fair. Indianapolis went through its rebuilding phase quick and painless, unlike most NFL teams. Jacksonville has yet to cut the baggage from the previous front office, and it STILL only has one guy from that draft. Gene Smith produced an absurd number of busts, whereas Indianapolis just did a complete roster overhaul to clean out the cap, whether the vets had talent left or not.

So we get a pass, but you can make fun of them?  Not a very objective analysis... They have change GMs and Coaches too.

But they didn't have a rebuild like the Colts did. 

Listen, if you want to stay here and defend their drafting history, be my guest.

I'm going to say that they aren't good drafters, and it still continues every year.

The Colts weren't good drafters either. Polian really screwed up from 2007 to 2010. However, the Colts aren't the team that the Jags are. 

Long is awful.

and PFFs grading sytem is irrelevant. He's only given up 4 hurries in the past 3 weeks.

Last year he looked average. I'd still take him over Castonzo, and I LOVE Castonzo. 

And again, we're talking about 3 weeks. Maybe he's top 10 those 3 weeks, but not overall. That was my point and I thought he was talking about overall. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Last year he looked average. I'd still take him over Castonzo, and I LOVE Castonzo. 

And again, we're talking about 3 weeks. Maybe he's top 10 those 3 weeks, but not overall. That was my point and I thought he was talking about overall. 

Long is not the player he used to be...Castonzo is better right now and will keep getting better.  Long is barely average anymore.

Listen, if you want to stay here and defend their drafting history, be my guest.

I'm going to say that they aren't good drafters, and it still continues every year.

The Colts weren't good drafters either. Polian really screwed up from 2007 to 2010. However, the Colts aren't the team that the Jags are. 

Considering the Jags new GM Dave Caldwell is in his first year, you should probably withhold judgement on whether that trend is continuing or not. Gene Smith was an abomination though, he turned that roster in to a tire fire with his bizarre philosophies that smaller schools with lesser facilities produced better NFL guys than big schools because they had to work for it more.

Yeah. 

Long is not the player he used to be...Castonzo is better right now and will keep getting better.  Long is barely average anymore.

Based on what, one off year? To say he's barely average is laughable. 

EDIT (Add on): He's actually gotten praise this year.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm not defending their drafting...I'm saying we shouldn't be allowed to make fun of them for who they drafted between 2007-2009 because we barely did any better.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Based on what, one off year? To say he's barely average is laughable. 

EDIT (Add on): He's actually gotten praise this year.

I've watched the Rams play in three games.  He has played very poorly.  He has been average in pass blocking, and absolutely terrible in run blocking.