Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders @ Broncos - MNF

LucasOilStadium

The Colts got no love this year for primetime!!

Oops, forget to say when I quoted the first time...........

Aren't the Colts up for four prime time games? How is that "no love"? There are probably only a handful of teams with more.

Oops, forget to say when I quoted the first time...........

Aren't the Colts up for four prime time games? How is that "no love"? There are probably only a handful of teams with more.

monday night games don't really count as primetime since it's on cable. the matchups have been pretty bad ever since sunday night football was spawned on nbc. the same can be said for thursday night. besides, every team gets a thursday game

the colts are at san diego on monday night & at tennessee on thursday. the only real primetime game the colts got was the broncos (of course)

that counts as 'no love'. not that i care. it's no surprise primetime followed peyton to denver. the man really draws in the viewers

monday night games don't really count as primetime since it's on cable. the matchups have been pretty bad ever since sunday night football was spawned on nbc. the same can be said for thursday night. besides, every team gets a thursday game

the colts are at san diego on monday night & at tennessee on thursday. the only real primetime game the colts got was the broncos (of course)

that counts as 'no love'. not that i care. it's no surprise primetime followed peyton to denver. the man really draws in the viewers

Monday and Thursday are still primetime games

I disagree. That's really stretching hard to find a reason to diminish the significance - which is why I replied in the first place. A lot of Colts fans (or maybe it's more Indy area Colts) seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulder about how the rest of the football world views them. I don't think that such views bare scrutiny at all.

Thursday/Sunday/Monday night games are all broadcast in primetime, and all are broadcast (with rare exception) without any other football games opposite them. The entire NFL world stops to watch them, including specifically other players interesting in checking out the competition. With that in mind I'd actually make the argument that the Sunday games are a bit less significant because they come on the heels of all the Sunday games, when many competitors are in a locker room or traveling.

Man...I was wrong...this game was over very early...very evident. Broncos had a great game plan for Pryor...very similar to ours on Kaep it seems...they spied him with a linebacker and forced him to beat them throwing (which if his receivers could catch may have made a ball game of it early on). It was very close to a perfectly executed game by Peyton if he would have finished that fumble drive with a td pass instead. His passing was rediculous....but those run calls he made were even better. Accuracy was insane! Woodson looked like he wanted to retire. Decker finally showed up. Broncos getting better...man that is going to be a scary game when they come into town if nothing changes now to then. Peyton looks like he is on a mission....for one final ring.

Colts need to study the post Patriot tapes and see how they confused Manning. That's the only way your going to beat this offense

The rules have changed since then. Since probably 05/06 Peyton has owned that NE defense. He hasn't won every game because Tom has always played well too but Peyton hasn't had any trouble with Belichek defenses anymore. Lets be honest...its not schemes that give Peyton problems its personel. Teams with great press corners and smart safeties that have front 4 that can push the pocket in his face gives him issues...any offense issues lol....there just isn't too many of those around. Certainly NONE like what the Patriots had in the early 2000's. Think about those defenses..they were loaded. Once the corners couldn't hit after 5 yds or basically hold at the line of scrimmage that defense started to fade...and they got old. Seattle has a defense that can give Denver problems. They actually match up very very well. Colts I don't think have the personel to do that to Peyton...at least not for 4 qts. The best chance is to run the ball and convert 3rd downs and keep him off the field....try to hold him to field goals and win one of those 24-23 games.

Is there anyone in the NFL that can compete with the Broncos and the Seahawks right now??

I'm not sure exactly who is in 3rd place but it feels like there is a big gap between them and the Broncos & Seahawks.  

I actually would say NE by the time they play and certainly playoff time will be on that level (defense is very solid/offense will be much better by then) HOU (if healthy they can control the clock and make enough 3rd downs with Johnson), and actually the Colts are just as good as anyone else. We aren't going to be able to perform like we did against SF every game but if we put that caliber performance together we can win. CIN, MIA, KC, NO, SF, DAL all have punchers chance. Like us all those teams are flawed or have weaknesses but I seriously doubt DEN and SEA will just walk through the season undefeated. They are the best teams now and we have seen them play a very high level but they are going to have an ugly game or two and somebody will beat them....just like they lost in the playoffs last year...stuff happens.

The rules have changed since then. Since probably 05/06 Peyton has owned that NE defense. He hasn't won every game because Tom has always played well too but Peyton hasn't had any trouble with Belichek defenses anymore. Lets be honest...its not schemes that give Peyton problems its personel. Teams with great press corners and smart safeties that have front 4 that can push the pocket in his face gives him issues...any offense issues lol....there just isn't too many of those around. Certainly NONE like what the Patriots had in the early 2000's. Think about those defenses..they were loaded. Once the corners couldn't hit after 5 yds or basically hold at the line of scrimmage that defense started to fade...and they got old. Seattle has a defense that can give Denver problems. They actually match up very very well. Colts I don't think have the personel to do that to Peyton...at least not for 4 qts. The best chance is to run the ball and convert 3rd downs and keep him off the field....try to hold him to field goals and win one of those 24-23 games.

I actually would say NE by the time they play and certainly playoff time will be on that level (defense is very solid/offense will be much better by then) HOU (if healthy they can control the clock and make enough 3rd downs with Johnson), and actually the Colts are just as good as anyone else. We aren't going to be able to perform like we did against SF every game but if we put that caliber performance together we can win. CIN, MIA, KC, NO, SF, DAL all have punchers chance. Like us all those teams are flawed or have weaknesses but I seriously doubt DEN and SEA will just walk through the season undefeated. They are the best teams now and we have seen them play a very high level but they are going to have an ugly game or two and somebody will beat them....just like they lost in the playoffs last year...stuff happens.

I'll give you NE, once they have Amendola and Gronk at full speed they are gonna be pretty good.  That's one of the reason's I said "right now".

After that I would put NO.  

Houston is overrated.   I think they are about even with the Colts because they are severely limited by their QB while the Colt's are picked up because of their QB. 

I'll give you NE, once they have Amendola and Gronk at full speed they are gonna be pretty good.  That's one of the reason's I said "right now".

Houston is overrated.   I think they are about even with the Colts because they are severely limited by their QB while the Colt's are picked up because of their QB. 

Right now...the only team that SHOULD give them issues will be Dallas (depending on which team shows up) and us....later on their schedule is a lot more tedious.

once things shape up BB & Brady will have team ready by time play broncos in NE

meanwhile ist 2 wins were luck Vs rookie qbs  & no great teams , last game showed starting to get back on page

Pats Next game Vs Falcons alot depends on who can play for falcons as down many last week